How Do We Fix The O-Line?

Scaife was getting beat at guard and you wat to put him at LT vs quicker and better pass rushers?

Hes a betetr Tackle than Guard but i have been only saying this for the whole off season.

He's a better Tackle than any 1 on the roster

Advertisement
Hes a betetr Tackle than Guard but i have been only saying this for the whole off season.

He's a better Tackle than any 1 on the roster
He wasn't bad saturday. Overall he was solid but he got beat about 3 times. And i think he is a better tackle than what we have but i think he has more upside inside.

There is literally 2 HIGH END TACKLE RECRUITS in south florida within 30 min from UM's campus and we likely land.........

NONE OF THEM.

That may be a start...but it was obvious our Tackles suck when Barry got in here and has been throwing out offers to any and everybody.

You can literally look at guys like Herbert / Kennedy walking down the street and know they arent or cant play tackle at a high level

He wasn't bad saturday. Overall he was solid but he got beat about 3 times. And i think he is a better tackle than what we have but i think he has more upside inside.

F*ck upside....We're going to get a qb hurt or 2 if he isnt out wide..and we have 207450 guards on the roster...coach 1 of them f*cks up..who cares about nfl projections and size metrics.

Scaife has the best feet on the team

Advertisement
F*ck upside....We're going to get a qb hurt or 2 if he isnt out wide..and we have 207450 guards on the roster...coach 1 of them f*cks up..who cares about nfl projections and size metrics.

Agree, Campbell showed me nothing on Saturday that gives me hope. Zion on the other hand was okay when he get off the snap on time which was pretty rare. DJ to RT is the obvious move here but it doesn’t look like the coaches are entertaining that yet. I think manny using the bye week to calm the tackles down and show them what they did wrong. If they play awful again vs UNC you have to make a move.

Who is our resident OL expert on CIS?

I think GoGeta is one of them...

What is Zion missing on tje snap counts? Is he too slow or not getting in his head the right instant he needs to start moving in synch with the snap leaving the turf?

I'm sure much easier said than done.

This is what I have been saying? Why are we worried about nfl **** when we just had a record setting oline performance. Teams like FIU gave up less sacks in a season than we gave up in a game. UF hasnt had that many sacks in one performance since who knows.. That was beyond terrible. You have to make changes.

To say you wont make changes because of shaq and pinkney, wtf.. Completely different positions. They made mistakes and thats why our safeties led in tackling.. These guys make mistakes and they get a qb injured and we lose games stuck in mediocrity.

Agree, Campbell showed me nothing on Saturday that gives me hope. Zion on the other hand was okay when he get off the snap on time which was pretty rare. DJ to RT is the obvious move here but it doesn’t look like the coaches are entertaining that yet. I think manny using the bye week to calm the tackles down and show them what they did wrong. If they play awful again vs UNC you have to make a move.
QB is MOST important player in your organization. We FINALLY seem to have one after decade of whatever. We plan on putting him out there with Campbell who doesnt look ready for college football yet.. That is dam near negligence.

Advertisement
Less starting experience but way more years of practice and improvement. To me that’s the crux of the issue. If you sign guys with feet who can block and then spend 2-3 years developing them you have a program churning out offensive linemen who can play. If you start every freshman or sophomore that practices well and then destroy their development and then expect next year’s freshmen to plug the holes you are screwed.

I also think Mullen was smart with their strategy which was to get rid of the ball quickly.

Welcome to the problem opening with a Florida. Kids were baptized by fire.

Last thing Miami needs is to play musical chairs offensive-line wise after one game.

Evaluate the opener, let the kids work these next few weeks and play the best kids against North Carolina and do it again.

Set up with Bethune-Cookman and Central Michigan after that, before a bye and then Virginia Tech and Virginia head south.

Let's revisit this conversation beginning of October as Florida late August wasn't a litmus test of where things will be five weeks from now.

Barry inherited what he has. Anyone who knows anything about OL knows it takes a couple of years totally rebuild . Meanwhile playing musical positions usually hurts more than it helps. Last season a prime example. Not sure but I thought I saw it mentioned Campbell no longer #1 on depth chart . Do not remember who
Replaced him. Moving Scaife to tackle is only position move that would make sense. If they do it should be done now. .Musical positions all season this line
will never become a cohesive unit and it will be just like last year. the whole season.

Advertisement
Still don’t know why we didn’t run

Scaife, Campbell Gaynor ND(Clark eventually) Zion(since they were so adamant on playing his *** based off potential)

Best hope though is IF we get a new OC they are clever enough to hide how horrendous this line is.... and we need an oline coach who can coach his *** off and try and get this unit better while finding some new dudes who have some dog In them... nothing more pathetic than seeing fat boy ND struggling to block group of 5 and D2 Dline players

Advertisement
Lmao look at how mad that *** ****** Manure fan got.

It's like I insulted his husband. Great call, idiot.
You lost all credibility with that Cuban randy comment. First you owe randy an apology because even though his words may not have been coherent, he had proper enunciation.

Second, Randy had the intellectual honest to not pretend he was a great thinker. Meanwhile manure tracks spontaneous dancing and items of flare on an abacus.

Finally, in 10 years we will never look back and have good memories about Manures incompetence like we do with randy. For example, manure never said anything as amusing as randy when he said, “Craig cooper and JavAris James are best friends. They’re butt buddies.”

Apologize NOW to the GOAT incompetent randy!!!

Advertisement
Back