How Do We Fix The O-Line?

WhatTheHell

"WE CANT DEMAND PERFECTION.”
Banned
Serious schematic/personnel discussions only.

Short of building a time machine and making guys like Evan Neal sign at gunpoint the last 3 seasons, what are our options?

1. Any chance Cleveland Reed be put at guard and Scaife/Donaldson be kicked out to Tackle? Are either of them versatile enough to slide out? How ready is Reed?

2. Herbert and Hillery should be given snaps vs UNC without a doubt. See how they respond in-game. I know people use this line a lot, but this time, it might actually be impossible to play worse than our tackles did last night.

3. Enos needs to go back to the drawing board. Spread the field, wider splits, stop trying to power run people like you’re at Bama. I believe our best runs of the night were made by DeeJay breaking 35 tackles out of the wildcat. We’re not bulldozing anyone in traditional offensive schemes.

4. Enos needs to help the tackles more. These guys were on islands a majority of the night. I think I saw some chipping and releasing toward the end, but let’s keep a tight end or a back in more often to help. Late in the 4th quarter, for example, DeeJay had one of the most beautiful blitz pickups I’ve ever seen.

5. I’d say more screens as an initial reaction to this issue, but I feel like we threw several.

So can we reconfigure the line and move a guard out to tackle? If not, Hillery and Herber have to get snaps vs UNC early. Find someone who can even put up a fight.

We allowed 16 tackles for loss, 11 sacks, and 5 QB hurries. Something has to change if we want any success in conference this year.

What’s your solution?

Advertisement
We got to try scaife at left tackle at this point. I think Campbell can develop into something but he did have like 4-5 penalties and got beat a few times. Nelson looks unplayable honestly. Insert Cleveland reed at rg and move scaife to left tackle

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
As Jarren gets experience HALf those sacks do t happen because he gets rid of it or decisively runs it.
The oline will play better w experience
Everyone needs to ***** chill
That’s the best D Miami will see all year and it’s obviously the inexperience showed up on all fronts
Oline QB and coaches

Not much we can do now. They’ll need some experience and we’ll need to do a better job of recruiting. The time to fix this mess was in the off-season

Advertisement
It is time to admit that we need a TE that can block and he needs to always line up on our left side. Our true F LT should be a true F LG/BT.........

....that and start roiding...big time.

Advertisement
Lets be honest, there was pressure up the middle too. We can focus on Campbell and Nelson, but Gaynor, Scaife and Donaldson were getting pushed back too. We just don't have the OL talent and just have to hope they get better.

This. Let the tackles learn on the job and hope Barry is worth a **** as a coach.

Gaynor was arguably worse than the tackles. Straight **** pushed in up the middle.

I'd look at trying someone else at center before LT or RT.

1) Come to realization IT IS NOT COACHING.
2) Recruit and retain D1P5 quality athletes

Problem solved...

In about 3-4 years.

Until then, it will be a freak show.

How about waiting more than one ******* game before wanting to change to guys that got beat out by freshman? Wtf do you want to see of Hillery, Reed and Herbert who have done nothing here? Always the same stupidity wanting guys who got beat out as though they are magically better... from what? They improved watching last night. Let this line ******* yell by beatin* up on UNC, Bethune; and that other cupcake before Vtech and then you can judge.

Advertisement
Back