How did Jeff Thomas get caught

Why didn't you respond to the poster who pointed out that the GT player was really fast? Seems that someone who knows all would have a retort for such a statement, no?

I did respond.

I said so what?

He was schemed open and had 5 yards on the defender.

The fastest player on a Miami team scores in that spot.

He didn't.

there is no written rule that the fastest player on a miami team is faster than everybody on the opposing team, speed is speed when devin hester was on the bears there was another return man on the team named johnny knox that was actually way faster than him and he came from some no name school in texas nobody ever heard of.

5 yards is nothing to make up for a guy with that speed running full speed towards thomas who had to slow down slightly to adjust to the catch

Advertisement
i go to bears training camp almost every year and yes i have seen hester caught from behind too when he was on the team

I still don't think this strength and conditioning program is where it needs to be. Our guys in general don't look as fit as other teams not too mention the plethora of injuries. It's better than it was with golden but still isn't good enough.

Advertisement
there is no written rule that the fastest player on a miami team is faster than everybody on the opposing team,

He doesn't have to be faster than a guy he's got 5 yards on!

have you ever competed in track and field with elite hs sprinters or even watched a race in person? 10.6 is fast as *** and as i said that distance is nothing to make up on a guy that is slowing down to adjust to a catch

A 40yrd dash and the 100m measure two very different elements of speed.

The 40 is all about acceleration to the top speed, while the 100m is mostly about top speed.

Of course, a good 40 requires one to have good top speed, and a good 100m requires one to have good acceleration.

I have no issues with a 4.3 40 player being run down by a 10.6 100m one - that's the nature and strength of a great 100m dash runner.

If you watch it again.... you will notice Thomas slowed down while the defender was running full speed....easy to see

have you ever competed in track and field with elite hs sprinters or even watched a race in person? 10.6 is fast as *** and as i said that distance is nothing to make up on a guy that is slowing down to adjust to a catch

This is football.

Jeff Thomas has not demonstrated that on the football field.

Advertisement

This is football.

Jeff Thomas has not demonstrated that on the football field.

i'm not referenceing thomas with that 100meter time that was the guy who ran him down

there is no written rule that the fastest player on a miami team is faster than everybody on the opposing team,

He doesn't have to be faster than a guy he's got 5 yards on!

I'll answer the question for dingle berry. That would be a resounding 'No'.

Why didn't you respond to the poster who pointed out that the GT player was really fast? Seems that someone who knows all would have a retort for such a statement, no?

I did respond.

I said so what?

He was schemed open and had 5 yards on the defender.

The fastest player on a Miami team scores in that spot.

He didn't.

Considering this is a discussion about speed that seems like a data point that shouldn't be discounted. Anywhoo, you go on stomping your feet and holding your breath.

Go Canes!

Advertisement
The guy on his twentieth screen name is incredibly talented at ruining threads and double-posting. But not much else.

I'm extremely excited about Jeff Thomas' future as a Miami Hurricane. I do think he will make plays throughout his career. I must admit though that after he arrived on campus I went back and looked at the all star game that he played in and was somewhat caught off guard. Definitely fast enough. Definitely not as fast as I had remembered, though.

hes times fast but he doesnt look that explosive as we thought he would be, he will make plays but people got to realize and accept hes is not Hester. When fans accept that they can make a better assessment on him
Seems to me he's been thinking too much. He hesitates.

Not sure if he's banged up but I expect more from him as his confidence grows.

People gotta remember his recruitment.

Advertisement
Looked up the GT DB. He ran a 10.6 100m in HS, which is fast as ****.

/thread.

You have your explanation OP

Folks need to stop expecting these new freshman to be football superheros that can score TD's by shooting laser beams out they eyes and farting earthquakes.

Other players actually can run fast too

Last edited:
I thought I was only capable of posting embedded videos?

So which is it?

You obviously didn't post any embedded videos in this thread.

So the former.

It's so obvious what a fraud you are on this stuff.

Thread was started to get a view and opinion on the play. You a$$hat had to make in a personal attack on Jeff Thomas for no good reason. You should be banned and take your bullshyt elsewhere. It's obvious to me LCE is the real deal and you are a piece ****. I, like all real canes fans think highly of JT and you bashing a kid shows your true colors which are not green and orange. You don't root for a team you root against the players and coaches so you can bring you trash and get a reaction. Do everyone a favor and go away.

Impossible. Miami has to have all of the fast guys and no one can come close.

Nobody said this.

You're just incompetent and don't have anything else to say.

People like you are real comfortable blaming coaches all day but that was perfectly schemed and executed.

The last part of it is your playmaker making a play.

It could have cost us the game and yet if we lost there would be 15 threads about poor coaching.
several possible reasons why he didn't score....db ran 10.6....db had momentum Thomas had to slow down....tacky field...db had a angle...etc...that said....when Cook got caught by Elder...did it stop him from taking it to the house on other runs?

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back