How did Jeff Thomas get caught

he didnt have 5 yards on the defender, its been highlighted to you numerous times the gt defender was an elite sprinter its not hard to figure out

So what is your estimation on the lateral distance that Thomas has on the defender?

View attachment 51996

thats not 5 yards

Did you notice the stride differential?

i notice thomas had choppy stride and turned his head to catch an under thrown ball while an elite sprinter was headed full speed towards him at a good angle

Advertisement
he didnt have 5 yards on the defender, its been highlighted to you numerous times the gt defender was an elite sprinter its not hard to figure out

So what is your estimation on the lateral distance that Thomas has on the defender?

View attachment 51996

thats not 5 yards

i notice thomas had choppy stride and turned his head to catch an under thrown ball while an elite sprinter was headed full speed towards him at a good angle

View attachment 51996

thats not 5 yards

Exactly...

Thomas gets going fast, but doesn't have real fast top end speed. Harley, Homer, or Richards takes it to the end zone there. The GT guy was fast and running at full speed, but certainly didn't have the angle as some have said.

Big needed play, but Harley is closer to Dorsett (mentioned in this thread) than Thomas will be.

Wow 8 pages and still trying to decide if Thomas has a head start when he caught the ball or not.....carry on

Advertisement
I love how people destroy other players with reckless abandon but they just can't bring themselves to knock one of their recruiting all-stars.

The kid has to score on that play.

He's supposed to be one of the fastest kids and he had the defender beat.

You're still here?? Why?

Put me in the camp that I was shocked he got caught from what seemed to be a sure TD. Having said that I had no idea the GT player was as fast as we now know he was. 9/10 x JT scores on this exact same play IMO. He looked a little gassed and probably was excited as **** when he saw open field in front of him. JT is capable of running a 4.3 so ONE play does not negate that. I take 9/10 odds any time with this dude. Yes he should had scored but they are not superhuman every time they touch the ball. So he missed this one my money is that he does not get caught from behind again as he is surely taking some slack form his boys today...

Man stfu.... **** get over it

When the resident clowns on this board just admit something so easy and obvious.

We have a bunch of sissies on this board.

Savage talk but cower when their high school all-stars don't make plays.

You posted a pic CLEARY proving yourself wrong. The GT DB has his foot 2 yards ahead of where Jeff has his foot. They are also 2 yards apart. The difference between a 4.3 and a 4.6 wouldn't have mattered at 6 feet. I was also there on the front row right where it happened. You're the clown. Stop posting..you're only digging yourself deeper. What Jeff MAYBE could've done was run towards the sideline to gain some separation. That comes with experience.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I like how the guy who is constantly harping on facts, retorts with...

"I watched the game and know what I am seeing!"

I thought Thomas did great at adjusments due to a pass he had to slow up on. Is it always on everyone besides the QB. I love our winning streak but I feel we leave alot of points on the field.

Don't care that he was caught. Offense has to get into the end zone in that situation. Our red zone offense is pure trash. If we want to be elite 1st and goal inside the 5 needs to start being TDs again.

Hamstring is still bothering him somewhat, and the DB was running for his life as Rick said.
JT Money played his best all-around game. Had some nice stalk blocks too. The pups are starting to bark.

Advertisement
Anyone else not a big fan of Harleys pre snap arms in motions thing? For some reason it annoys me, prob wouldn't if he was making plays though.

Advertisement
I was hoping he'd put the breaks on and let the DB over pursue and then Thomas could've walked in.

Advertisement
Back