How did Jeff Thomas get caught

He doesn't look 4.3 so far by watching him on kick offs. I think it's possible he is not fully recovered from his hamstring issues and possibly a conditioning issue related to that. He is also small , (170 lbs ? ) and may not be a 4.3 in pads. He is a true freshmans and got here late. Another year of strength and conditioning and I bet he wont get caught from behind very often. He will have a great career here.

Advertisement
Jeff Thomas is not a beast or a savage becuz somebody is faster than him??? lol.

He's not a beast or savage because those guys score on plays like that.

If he doesn't score on that play then what play does he score on?

Have you ever played football, or ran with a ball? You can clearly see Thomas with the ball and running toward the sideline not the end zone because of his route....if he caught a slight post or a seam with that same separation he would score because his momentum is north south and so would the db, his separation was not upfield it was across field with half the field left.

If you understand angles You'll know that the moment the ball was caught the db started his angle to the pylon, unfortunately for the game of football they created sidelines that force players to turn in. Thomas could have ran for eternity on his intitial path n not been caught, but that's the nature of the game, speed, pursuit angles and the db was in a trail pursuit basically making it hard for him to stop and let him go by.

the db angled toward the pylon before Jeff Thomas did which is why it appears that he was slow, because Jeff was curving his angle to the end zone n the db was on a straight line. Ur argument is dumb so stop, this isn't the first time a fast player has been pursued to a tackle by another equivalent athlete.

This has everything to do with angles and nothing to do with a 40 yard dash

Last edited:
He doesn't look 4.3 so far by watching him on kick offs. I think it's possible he is not fully recovered from his hamstring issues and possibly a conditioning issue related to that. He is also small , (170 lbs ? ) and may not be a 4.3 in pads. He is a true freshmans and got here late. Another year of strength and conditioning and I bet he wont get caught from behind very often. He will have a great career here.

This happens when you don't have complete confidence as you can see he's not looking to be creative yet he is just trying not to make a mistake so he basically running to the same spot each time and not making ppl miss. Not only that but u have to realize everyone's 2 steps faster that play on a D1 college field than a HS in Missouri, give him time to adjust to the game before you doubt, it's a normal progression for a player not everyone is Julio jones.

GT has a few pros in the secondary . GT like I said before the game is a **** good team and had a better shot then VT to beat us. But Langham da god and Malik Ice water did the deed when the call was heed.

These are the nicknames I have given out thus far:

Langham- Clutch

Malik- Ice

Badgley- Money

Advertisement

This happens when you don't have complete confidence as you can see he's not looking to be creative yet he is just trying not to make a mistake so he basically running to the same spot each time and not making ppl miss. Not only that but u have to realize everyone's 2 steps faster that play on a D1 college field than a HS in Missouri, give him time to adjust to the game before you doubt, it's a normal progression for a player not everyone is Julio jones.

this is called having common sense football perspective. You would be surprised how rare this is sometimes, specially around here

Wasn't doubting. We basically said the same thing.

hes times fast but he doesnt look that explosive as we thought he would be, he will make plays but people got to realize and accept hes is not Hester. When fans accept that they can make a better assessment on him

And that's what he's looked like every time he's touched it.

Maybe these snowflakes don't watch closely on every play like I do but his previous targets and his kickoff returns have lacked explosion and playmaking instincts.

why is this arrogant dip**** still allowed to post?

he's already said he's been like 6 times ffs make it a 7th mods

Wahhhh someone said something I don’t like. Why isn’t is he banned?!!!? Waaahhh

I don’t even agree with the OP but man you crybabies can’t stand to hear anything remotely negative.

Advertisement
You can clearly see Thomas with the ball and running toward the sideline not the end zone because of his route...

Once the ball is in his hand (and he has 5 yards on the defender) he can do whatever it takes to score.

There was nothing in that route (except getting him so freakin' open) that precluded him from scoring.

A ridiculous claim.

You can clearly see Thomas with the ball and running toward the sideline not the end zone because of his route...

Once the ball is in his hand (and he has 5 yards on the defender) he can do whatever it takes to score.

There was nothing in that route (except getting him so freakin' open) that precluded him from scoring.

A ridiculous claim.

he didnt have 5 yards on the defender, its been highlighted to you numerous times the gt defender was an elite sprinter its not hard to figure out

Advertisement
We need to destroy a player that made a 50+ yard play..... lol go home and sleep the meth off you tripping on stupid

No.

I don't think we should destroy anybody.

I don't think saying that the kid should've scored is destroying him.

He turned a sure 7-point play into 3 points.

You sound like a snowflake.

This. Thomas has the speed and should have scored. No excuses. Now you are killing the kid because we think he should have scored? People are so sensitive, it is ridiculous. There are so many games we have blown because we didn't score the 6 and settled for the 3. Almost killed us yesterday.

Wasn't doubting. We basically said the same thing.
I was just adding to your statement because everyone is tripping about his laser timed 40 and making it seem like he's actually slow....

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

A ridiculous claim.
who cares he's learning on the job he's still fast, hes still good and he's going to be better, every game he has improved it's only a matter of time before he gets his confidence up to where he will make creative plays, he still just not trying to make mistakes and get coaches trust cuz if you haven't noticed we have a ton of recievers that can play. It's not crazy he got tackled so stop talking about it

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Advertisement
he didnt have 5 yards on the defender, its been highlighted to you numerous times the gt defender was an elite sprinter its not hard to figure out

So what is your estimation on the lateral distance that Thomas has on the defender?

5T3WsWy.jpg

who cares he's learning on the job he's still fast, hes still good and he's going to be better, every game he has improved it's only a matter of time before he gets his confidence up to where he will make creative plays, he still just not trying to make mistakes and get coaches trust cuz if you haven't noticed we have a ton of recievers that can play. It's not crazy he got tackled so stop talking about it

What is there to learn about fast guy scoring when schemed so open?

What creativity was required to beat your man to the pilon when you have 5 yards separation?

Advertisement
Back