"How can we compete with Clemson?"

Advertisement
MFers on this site have been crying about 'player development' for years. Now that we have a competent coaching staff, its not about that development but about the stars? GMAFB

We have a Top 10 class. Great athletes that enrolled early. Get a grip.

MFers on this site have been crying about 'player development' for years. Now that we have a competent coaching staff, its not about that development but about the stars? GMAFB

We have a Top 10 class. Great athletes that enrolled early. Get a grip.

There are like 3 total competent coaches on this staff. Kul, Dugans, and Brown.

Rick Jr, Dumph, Banda, Hartley are all amateurs. Searles was always mediocre. Diaz is decent, but a terrible LB coach, and not elite. And Rick is a bad OC.

Advertisement
Great class but should have been greater. If we want to compete with Clemson, we need to do better in our DT recruiting. Fell far short of what we needed to do.

Recruiting rankings since Dabo Swinney became head coach:

2009: 36th
2010: 27th
2011: 10th
2012: 20th
2013: 15th
2014: 16th
2015: 9th
2016: 11th
2017: 16th
2018: 7th

Our class is currently ranked 5th, higher than any class in Dabo's career.

Losing the Heritage CBs was a huge failure. This class was a tremendous success.

Dude, you are trying to oversell the ranking of the class overall far too much. It's the quality of the class that matters. Everyone knows you get points simply for having a kid committed. So the more kids, the more points, the higher the ranking. What matters the most is what is the average ranking of the kids overall per class.

Below is Miami vs Clemson's average ranking per player over the last 4 classes.

MIAMI

2018: 90.99
2017: 88.68
2016: 88.63
2015: 86.36

Average = 88.66

CLEMSON
2018: 93.19
2017: 92.10
2016: 90.30
2015: 89.12

Average = 91.17

Sorry man, Clemson's recruiting is superior. The numbers don't lie. They are pulling in higher quality players.

We've gone over Miami v. Clemson recruiting in depth as far back as last month.

If you really think Miami can compete Clemson's talent, especially where it matters right now, idk what to tell you, but you are wrong. I'm curious if Miami has ANY position group that is superior to Clemson...

I'd be willing to listen to an argument, but I'm not sure there is one.

We got some soft *** fans. Y’all talking about firing coaches that have helped us bring back something special.

The same fans who think bringing back former players as coaches = championships

We signed a special class and yall still calling for heads... Okay

Advertisement
A consistent elite program is how u beat Clemson... Miami finally has that with Richt. We are going to always finish in the top 5 in recruiting from now on so its only a matter of consistency that will have us ready to blow out Clemson. Which won't take long at all. Our hill ain't that steep unlike it was for Dabo at clemson, Miami gon be on top real soon.

Recruiting rankings since Dabo Swinney became head coach:

2009: 36th
2010: 27th
2011: 10th
2012: 20th
2013: 15th
2014: 16th
2015: 9th
2016: 11th
2017: 16th
2018: 7th

Our class is currently ranked 5th, higher than any class in Dabo's career.

Losing the Heritage CBs was a huge failure. This class was a tremendous success.

Dude, you are trying to oversell the ranking of the class overall far too much. It's the quality of the class that matters. Everyone knows you get points simply for having a kid committed. So the more kids, the more points, the higher the ranking. What matters the most is what is the average ranking of the kids overall per class.

Below is Miami vs Clemson's average ranking per player over the last 4 classes.

MIAMI

2018: 90.99
2017: 88.68
2016: 88.63
2015: 86.36

Average = 88.66

CLEMSON
2018: 93.19
2017: 92.10
2016: 90.30
2015: 89.12

Average = 91.17

Sorry man, Clemson's recruiting is superior. The numbers don't lie. They are pulling in higher quality players.

Yup. The only reason they are lower is because they get so many upperclassmen to come back and get so many 4-5 year players.

Their players stay and they got the once in a decade game changer in Watson, who also stayed and developed. It's not a secret. Our mind numbingly stupid players bail if they even sniff the draft. Their players stay, and they are much better players to begin with. We need to keep our players for 4-5 years on the lines and continue to recruit the athletes and IF the guys along the trenches stay, and if we get a great, game changing player, then we will be elite. Not one or the other. Both have to happen.

I wont hold my breath.

BINGO!

Advertisement
DMoney's only insider can only talk to 2021 kids so we're getting extra D$ hot takes. CiS better start splashing some Bama cash on writers.

Dude stop

They beat us by 30 points just a couple months ago

We get good QB play, and a huge infusion of talent at RB, TE, and WR, and we are a **** of a lot closer than 30 points. We were one beat down, injured, limping to the finish line team when Clemson got us.

They say numbers don’t lie is that a 6 or 9? One of the dumbest post dmoney has ever porsted

Advertisement
We've got enough now to win the ACC. Don't cry. Just work!

I said Clemson's team this year isn't nearly as talented as in previous years. But they completely outclassed Miami in the coaching and execution departments.

I never panic about recruiting finishes. Give me a functional offense that utilizes personnel effectively and sound defensive playcalling that doesn't provide easy 3rd down conversions to the opponent.

The offensive class is loaded with so many studs that it would be hard for Richt to hold them back. Just gotta develop Jarren Williams.

Defensive class is a disappointment but I'm more considered with the coaching. Campbell is a stud and Surtain is solid as well but Miami had 4 quality corners last year and still couldn't get off the field when Diaz called spot-drop zone on 3rd down. Brent Venables or any other proven DC is more valuable than 5 years worth of 5* corners.

Advertisement
Back