"How can we compete with Clemson?"

best wr in the country, pope.
best rb in the country, lingard.
best OL in the country, Scaife.
best FB in the country, Realus.
the TWO best TE in the country, Mallery & Brevin.
best safety in the country, gurvan hall.
best DT in the country, Nesta.

While your heart and best intentions tell you this is true...the facts and the evidence tell me, it is not.

Advertisement

While your heart and best intentions tell you this is true...the facts and the evidence tell me, it is not.

DD's assessment is subjective, but clearly he may be right. All those players are beasts.

Yeah, the only "facts" you care to see.

Funny how he never addressed us only signing 1 kid ranked in the top 10 in the state over the last 3 years. 1-30, that is a great success!

Or how we have gone 0-9 in Dade & Broward the last 3 years for the top ranked kids.

Neither of that is correct.

Last 3 years for that Broward/Dade top 3:

Donaldson, Pope say hello

As for the state top 10 last 3 years: Donaldson, Lingard all would qualify there. Richards had to be close to that top 10 if not in it his year. Gurvan Hall has to be close, he is imo.

And also those top 10 lists are skewed nowadays because of IMG, who usually has 2-3 in the top 10, and a lot of times they aren't Florida kids.

Just saying your point about needing to do better in Dade and especially Broward where UM gets killed is well taken, but you're exaggerating the numbers just a little.

Last edited:
Many on this board have falling into ESPN brainwashing that you have to have a top 3 class to be elite. It’s such a false narravite. With proper coaching and development this class has more than enough talent to win a ship. The most important thing is finding a QB. I would love to see OU class ranking over the same time span also.

You must be kidding, right? I mean, you have to be. More than enough talent to win a ship? We have nowhere near the amount of talent on this football team compared to the Bama's, Ohio State's, Clemson's and Georgia's have. Right now our talent is good enough to be a borderline top 10 team and that is it.

For perspective, Miami has signed 1 5 star kid in the last 3 classes. The 4 teams I mentioned above have signed between 8-13. Its laughable to say our talent is comparable. Those teams have elite level talent across the board and depth to match it. There is another 7 schools or so who have also pulled in more elite level talent than us over the last 3 years.

Alabama - 11
Clemson - 8
Georgia - 13
Ohio State - 9

Furthermore, our staff is nowhere near elite, let alone even close to the above mentioned programs. Half of our staff is comprised of guys who shouldn't even be coaches at this level.

QB - Jon Richt
TE/ST - Todd Hartley
LB - Jonathan Patke
CB - Mike Rumph
S - Emprhaim Banda

If you can honestly tell yourself that even a top 10 program would hire any single one of those coaches, you are simply lying to yourself. This staff lacks big time coaches and also lacks overall talent and depth. This program might be taking the right steps to improve, but we are nowhere near ready to compete for a NC or even real playoff run.

Advertisement
Many on this board have falling into ESPN brainwashing that you have to have a top 3 class to be elite. It’s such a false narravite. With proper coaching and development this class has more than enough talent to win a ship. The most important thing is finding a QB. I would love to see OU class ranking over the same time span also.

You must be kidding, right? I mean, you have to be. More than enough talent to win a ship? We have nowhere near the amount of talent on this football team compared to the Bama's, Ohio State's, Clemson's and Georgia's have. Right now our talent is good enough to be a borderline top 10 team and that is it.

For perspective, Miami has signed 1 5 star kid in the last 3 classes. The 4 teams I mentioned above have signed between 8-13. Its laughable to say our talent is comparable. Those teams have elite level talent across the board and depth to match it. There is another 7 schools or so who have also pulled in more elite level talent than us over the last 3 years.

Alabama - 11
Clemson - 8
Georgia - 13
Ohio State - 9

Furthermore, our staff is nowhere near elite, let alone even close to the above mentioned programs. Half of our staff is comprised of guys who shouldn't even be coaches at this level.

QB - Jon Richt
TE/ST - Todd Hartley
LB - Jonathan Patke
CB - Mike Rumph
S - Emprhaim Banda

If you can honestly tell yourself that even a top 10 program would hire any single one of those coaches, you are simply lying to yourself. This staff lacks big time coaches and also lacks overall talent and depth. This program might be taking the right steps to improve, but we are nowhere near ready to compete for a NC or even real playoff run.

How many millions of $ are you willing to donate to Miami to hire a better staff? Georgia offered Hartley double his current pay to come to go there.

We are the little underfunded program that slays giants.

Dude stop

They beat us by 30 points just a couple months ago
qb play was a big reason for that and depth. Miami is building depth. there were to many non Miami caliber players previous regimes. richt is fixing it but it takes time, dabo is a great recruiter, but it took him time to win at Clemson. if people there were like Miami fans here decrying who we lost more then who we got and actling like u have to fire whole staff after a 10 win season and best recruiting class in almost a decade Clemson wouldn't be a title contender every year

We need better coaches. If the D looks suspect again this year I wouldn't mind seeing all of them getting canned except for Kul

and a plethora of studs everywhere else. i think only joyner at LB is a little wishy washy & our only reach is bethel.

room for improvement? sure. but, this isnt like past years where we'd whiff on 5 star DB talent and then have to settle for plan D. we still got TOP SHELF DB talent, that may very well end up outperforming the 2 local 5 stars that went to the SEC. & jobe is garbage, so he doesnt count. post his senior highlights if you disagree

Anyone saying this class isn't very good is in denial. With that being said, anyone saying this class is elite or believes that classes like this one, with who our staff is, is enough to compete for NC's in the near future are also in denial. People want to say we won with less before, but guess what, people are forgetting two huge factors.

First and foremost, the coaching trees. I implore anyone to go and look at who coached under Butch when he was HC, Erickson and JJ. Butch had guys like Chuck Pagano, Greg Schiano, Rob Chudzinski, Curtis Johnson, Mario Cristobal, Don Soldinger, on his staffs. Erickson had guys like Tommy Tuberville, Ed Orgeron and Sonny Lubick. JJ had guys like Gary Stevens, Dave Wannstedt, Dave Campo, Butch Davis, Don Soldinger. This current staff has nowhere near the level of coaches those successful teams had.

Secondly, the landscape of CFB recruiting has completely changed from 15 years ago, our last real run. There were tons of kids from the Tri-County area that went unnoticed and not rated accordingly because the recruiting coverage was only a fraction of what it is today. Kids like Sean Taylor, Santana Moss, Roscoe Parish and soooooo many others would never be 2-3 star kids with the coverage kids get today. So, it's easy to say that Miami won back than with lower ranked classes, yes they did, but that is because we had superior coaches and guys who located and develop talent, but also largely due to kids not being ranked properly due to lack of recruiting coverage.

Advertisement

Alabama - 11
Clemson - 8
Georgia - 13
Ohio State - 9

QB - Jon Richt
TE/ST - Todd Hartley
LB - Jonathan Patke
CB - Mike Rumph
S - Emprhaim Banda

How many millions of $ are you willing to donate to Miami to hire a better staff? Georgia offered Hartley double his current pay to come to go there.

Lol. Is that a real question? I don't make money off of the program, they make money off of me. So why should I or anyone else for that matter have to pay for a football programs coaches? Especially at a University which makes a TON of money and has had not 1, but 2 successful billion dollar plus fund raisers in the last decade. The only school in the country to accomplish that by the way.

And underfunded staffs succeeding are days of old. Stop living in and reminiscing on the old days. This **** has turned into BIG BOY BUSINESS. You either spend the money necessary to build a quality staff, facilities and buy off recruits here and there, or you simply get left behind. It's that simple. But to think in today's day and age of CFB, that you can get away with what you use to 15, 20, 30 years ago and win big, you are simply being naive or just don't want to accept the truth.

Yep.

Exhibit A of the difference between passion and accuracy.

You’ re in some kind of dream world if you think our coaching staff compares with Clemson and it sure didn’t improve today, just more mediocrity.

Alabama - 11
Clemson - 8
Georgia - 13
Ohio State - 9

QB - Jon Richt
TE/ST - Todd Hartley
LB - Jonathan Patke
CB - Mike Rumph
S - Emprhaim Banda

Lol. Is that a real question? I don't make money off of the program, they make money off of me. So why should I or anyone else for that matter have to pay for a football programs coaches? Especially at a University which makes a TON of money and has had not 1, but 2 successful billion dollar plus fund raisers in the last decade. The only school in the country to accomplish that by the way.

And underfunded staffs succeeding are days of old. Stop living in and reminiscing on the old days. This **** has turned into BIG BOY BUSINESS. You either spend the money necessary to build a quality staff, facilities and buy off recruits here and there, or you simply get left behind. It's that simple. But to think in today's day and age of CFB, that you can get away with what you use to 15, 20, 30 years ago and win big, you are simply being naive or just don't want to accept the truth.

$ is definitely a concern. We have a gofundme to pay for the indoor facility. This is also the most we've spent on a staff by a chunk of $.

You bring up complaints, yet have no solutions. You just want 'better' coaches.

Advertisement

Alabama - 11
Clemson - 8
Georgia - 13
Ohio State - 9

QB - Jon Richt
TE/ST - Todd Hartley
LB - Jonathan Patke
CB - Mike Rumph
S - Emprhaim Banda

$ is definitely a concern. We have a gofundme to pay for the indoor facility. This is also the most we've spent on a staff by a chunk of $.

You bring up complaints, yet have no solutions. You just want 'better' coaches.

Again, LOL. What solutions should I, a non-employee of the football program, Athletic Department or University have to come up with? Again, are these real life questions? These are INTERNAL matters that need to be addressed by the Athletic Department and University. It is there responsibility and only there responsibility to make sure our athletic programs are funded properly to complete on the biggest stage of college athletics.

And who said money wasn't a concern? Where did you get that from my previous post? Money is clearly a concern because half our staff is made up of a bunch of coaches who should not be coaching this level of football. Hence me saying, that our staff is nowhere near the level of those at Bama, Clemson, Ohio Sate, Georgia, etc. Hence me saying, that we cannot compete with the big boys of college football with our current staff and recruiting the #8-10 class. If you expect to be able to compete with the current staff we have in place, you better believe they better be bringing in elite, meaning top 5 classes year in and year out because they sure as **** aren't going to out-scheme or out-coach the elite level programs. So the only that can help that situation if we are not going to spend up, is make sure the talent is at least on par with those programs.

But to think that we can have talent that is sub-par to those teams as well as sub-par coaches and compete with them, you again are in denial. And right now, we happen to have both and the distance between us and them is nowhere near as close as a lot of Canes fans believe that it is.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back