How can this be - the data

Advertisement
wanted your reaction to the OP
Our evals are dreadful....not to dreadful though being that we spotted all Americans like Cooper Juedy etc. The thing is we can't close. How many guys have we identified then missed and they became AA. That would be hella interesting to look at. We are left scrambling last minute and we can never replace an AA that spurns us. We identify our problem is closing. Developing is bad but if Cooper came her Cook or Juedy then miss me with that develop **** cause they would be studs anywhere.

We got complacent and burried our tradition while schools like bama Clemson OSU have become the new U and football factories. We wasted a golden opportunity we may never have again.
We have to pay kids period.

If the fans want us back we have to pay kids that's it...it's that simple. Until then kids will early pledge cause they love the U but money changes minds.

No. Walford was behind Leary as the second team AA. He was on several mentions. Walford had a much better pro career as well. I said Laken Tomlinson when I compared Flowers.

“Much better” is a stretch of a statement. Lol

Clive is currently out the league, and Nick is still in the league, albeit barely hanging on. Nick has started more games than Clive, while Walford has 7 more targets, 90 more total yards, and 2 more TDs. I wouldn’t say that’s “much better” anything. Also, Clive was 3rd team All American; 2nd Team was Maxx Williams from Minnesota.

Our evals are dreadful....not to dreadful though being that we spotted all Americans like Cooper Juedy etc. The thing is we can't close. How many guys have we identified then missed and they became AA. That would be hella interesting to look at. We are left scrambling last minute and we can never replace an AA that spurns us. We identify our problem is closing. Developing is bad but if Cooper came her Cook or Juedy then miss me with that develop **** cause they would be studs anywhere.

We got complacent and burried our tradition while schools like bama Clemson OSU have become the new U and football factories. We wasted a golden opportunity we may never have again.
We have to pay kids period.

If the fans want us back we have to pay kids that's it...it's that simple. Until then kids will early pledge cause they love the U but money changes minds.
I don’t give credit for chasing kids you can’t sign. The grading is on the kids you do sign. Over 80 schools had AAs in the years since we last had one. They we’re tall or even mostly good recruiting schools. That’s 20 of the 80. How can we be so bad at this?

Advertisement
I don’t give credit for chasing kids you can’t sign. The grading is on the kids you do sign. Over 80 schools had AAs in the years since we last had one. They we’re tall or even mostly good recruiting schools. That’s 20 of the 80. How can we be so bad at this?
We are a bad program not even mediocre at this point. We are basically USF but with history

Player development has been terrible. We've had guys with AA ability like Seantrel Henderson, Jeff Thomas, Duke Johnson.
Jeff Thomas is overrated. He’a not an AA. Just a recent kid we took who fans over-hyped. Duke was very good. Maybe he could have been an AA elsewhere. It’s possible. Rb is a position that requires scheme and blockers. But he’s got limitations, as the NFL demonstrates. Seantrel is just a kid with physical ability who didn’t have the mentality to apply himself. Not different from plenty of other kids. No reason to think he turns out radically different elsewhere. Hasn’t turned it all around in NFL either.

It doesn’t tell me much to say our issue is development. Toledo had an AA. Do they have a great ‘development’ program? IMO that’s a catch-all and an excuse.

Our issues have been evaluations, culture, roster management and technical aspects of coaching (scheme, game planning, play calling). When you assess poorly, don’t have an effective work culture, and don’t put kids in a position to succeed, you can’t expect much in the way of results.

I'm even ok with being terrible with first round monsters. At least give me that....we got no elite representation in the NFL. It's so bad right now and it keeps getting worse yearly. I'm not even excited about the upcoming season after what I saw last year. I knew Manny would be a disaster never wanted him he was the last guy on my list. I said if they hire him we r done for worst then golden and he topped that.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back