HOT BOARD

I like Kevin Patrick as well

But considering Patrick is a DL guy we prob want more of a LB or DB guru

No reason for a DB guru when we have two DB coaches on the staff. Banda will stay unless he's given the D.C. Job at temple and I doubt that happens.

Advertisement
A great DC would be terrific, but the truth is that just about any DC who runs a 4-3 will have a top 25 defense. I think going back to 2002, the lowest ranked defense we ever had with a 4-3 coach was 26th. If we hire a 3-4 coach, he better be the GOAT 3-4 coach. I'm holding out hope for a top notch DC who is a good recruiter, but since Rick is doing the hiring, I'm a little worried he will try to hire one of his cousins or other extended family members for the job (as long as they run a 4-3 though, the D will be ok)

Its gotta be a guy with 2ndary experience for me. We have Simpson up front, so I think we are solid there, 2ndary is the next most important after trenches. I want Rumph to take over for Banda when he goes with Diaz giving us an extra coach so we can force an OC on the retired HC.

Kevin Patrick should get an interview if you all are throwing out names of position coaches with no DC experience.

I don’t think Richt can afford to hire someone with no proven experience outside of someone like Raymond who could help keep the top dbs home

Advertisement
That was pretty much every hot name not costing us 1.5 mil dollars who would you suggest?

So the author of that list did an extensive research of how much UM is willing to pay for their next DC and matched it up with all
viable candidates available for that pay scale?
Cool.
Impressive.

Most of the names that everyone has stated, including the 247 list, are 3-4 coaches. Not sure i want to go back to that style of D. Just doesn't fit what we can get in our recruiting base.

You can run a 3-4 that is aggressive, taking advantage of great athletes.
Not all 3-4s are D'Onofrio patty cake.

Advertisement
Im on board with giving Raymond a shot. It’s only a matter of time before he gets a DC job. Plus, back when CMR was hired, I’m pretty sure he wanted Raymond to coach DBs, so maybe more money and the opportunity to be a coordinator would make him ours.

Richts play calling may be bad, but he knows how to pick a coach.
Look at Diaz hire Simpson hire, Banda, Hartley, Dugans, just wish he would hire an offensive mind. The Defense will do great with a new hire.
If not and Diaz does big things at temple. He will be back in 2020

with the pressure on richt to win next year do you really think some big name DC will come here knowing his job might not be there the following year. With that being said I think you go with Banda for this year. Fill the other coaching positions and see if richt is here in 2020

Advertisement
@MedleyCane do you have any guys that you are evaluating?

Most new fans on this board probably never saw the posts you used to do about coaching searches. They were the best.

Advertisement
@MedleyCane do you have any guys that you are evaluating?

Most new fans on this board probably never saw the posts you used to do about coaching searches. They were the best.

Those rather nice of you to remember JHall.
Thanks.
I like Tracey Claeys at Wazzu State.
He runs multiple fronts and does alot of DLine stunting.
He came over from Jerry Kill's Minnesota staff and was fired when he defended several players that were accused of rape at the time.
His DLine coach Jeff Phelps also came over from Minnesota and the safety coach Kendrick Shavers came over from Utah State....good coaches...
Franchise also mentioned Claeys....smart fella...lol

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back