Honestly, What The Fvck?

Advertisement
FML. There is more truth, and a lot more than I want to believe, to this statement than people realize. This is kind of depressing
It really does, it became clear when he was on his weekly call and spelled it out exactly what he values, Im pretty sure it was the week Christian bounce, if anybody is still in denial could look it up and see for themselves.. Its even crazier when you see the top coaches like Urban and Saban say cover skills are top things they look for.. Manny scheme gets fat on majority of college football because he has better talent but not sure it would be enough to dominate or take us to playoffs..

There has to be more to this I mean.... you have south fl posters here pretty much saying the same thing about the dude so manzy has to be aware of his short comings. He most likely is a part of it and I wouldn't be surprised if Banda's involved either. Those three have been here for the same time frame where pretty much all this DB recruiting struggles have started for whatever reason.

Change requires 100% commitment in all areas so if Mandy doesn't make any changes on defense the dude is a pos and can gtfo. Pretty much erases all the good things he's done. Set aside pride and make the changes even it's on defense where you're obviously involved. Miami wasn't out athleted by Clemson or UNC they were outcoached badly especially defensively. Simple shut too...... like how UNC had its best wr matched up on Ivey and took advantage of the same mismatch all game long. The ran one running play all game long and mIami never stopped it.

Obviously your defense has flaws so you either change and improve or just get ready to gtfooh bich.
He has to accept his side of the ball and his boys got to go. Dont think his ego will let him, we going to find out though.

Maybe Rumph has blackmail on Manny has all the unsolicited **** pics he sends out and just lets him know he will ruin him if he’s fired

Advertisement
Check out Manny Diaz Recruiting Record, and that'll show you why having both of them on the staff is scary. I say fire both...

Those 3 would suck as college recruiters. **** we seen it with Lovie Smith recently. They are in the nfl and odnt have to RECRUIT players for the most part.
The guy I quoted didn't specify college. The point is don't make stupid porsts speaking in absolutes.
My bad. You're right.

Rumph is on the Bill Belichick trajectory.

Apologies.
Straw man
Uhhhh......coaching in college football is vastly different than an NFL. And from all accounts, Belichick is not an introvert with his players, he's like that in public because he keeps things close to his chest.

In college football, to be a coach, it's nearly impossible to be an introvert. You have to be able to communicate and recruit. Unless you're on a staff that's loaded with recruiters and you can be hidden away - but then you better be a great technician at the position you're coaching. Rumph is definitely not the latter, and as a result, doesn't pull his weight on the staff.
What you described is the very definition of introversion.

the introverts are those in whom reflective thought inhibits and postpones action and expression
I think some of you have a warped idea of introversion. Plenty of introverts have social and communication skills. In fact being an introvert means having a heightened awareness of how you behave or what you say, and reflecting on those moments. So a social introvert would make for an excellent recruiter because they are more careful with their words and apply more meaning to them. Plus tons of top athletes are introverts and they relate better to that than a loudmouth extraverted buffoon like Tim Brewster, for example.

Obviously Rumph has personality issues that are separate from being an introvert which diminish his recruiting ability. There's no debating that.

As for the point about "being a great technician" - what is the evidence that Rumph doesn't qualify? What are the techniques that are lacking with Miami's corners? I watch a lot of football - mostly NFL - and Miami's corners have consistently played with better technique than a lot of pro guys I watch. You can argue about their talent level, which is admittedly mediocre, or you can criticize the schemes, which are mostly poor, but Rumph is the least responsible for those problems of any defensive staff member. It's been pointed out ad nauseam that he has little to no control over DB offers/targets and is rarely the lead recruiter on a corner.

Miami just got waxed by UNC and corner was probably the least destructive position on the defense in that game. Ivey got roasted by a much faster NFL WR on an island because the defense was helpless to stop the run. That was it for corner issues in the competitive portion of the game. Miami's LBs are atrocious from a recruiting and development standpoint, and that's the position that the HC and DC are supposedly responsible for, yet all this board ever talks about is Rumph. It's completely absurd. I couldn't care less if Rumph is fired or retained, but there are 4 other defensive staffers who I'm certain are very problematic, and the problem starts at the very top.

Advertisement
How is it even possible not to be able to recruit a DB to Miami? Jackson State flipped a DB from Georgia. Let that sink in. Rumph is horrible

How is it even possible not to be able to recruit a DB to Miami? Jackson State flipped a DB from Georgia. Let that sink in. Rumph is horrible

They did not flip him. His academics were so bad that UGa didn't send him an LOI.

Same situation with the UiF OT from Orlando who just "flipped" to Jackson State.

Rumph sucks at recruiting...the results prove that. But shouldn’t recruiting be somewhat of a team game? If Manny knows Rumph struggles at this, then as the HC he should mask that deficiency and have others take the lead on recruiting (it’s been said that they are doing this already). So the real question is...why can’t the entire UM coaching staff close on CB’s then?! Is he a bad Coach then? Serious question.

If Banda can close on JW and Kinchens, shouldn’t he be able to close on a CB too? Only thing that seems to make sense is that CB’s don’t believe in Rumph’s coaching (or Manny’s scheme).
Everything you posted is what they do. Rumph isn’t always if ever the lead on all these CB recruits but that’s probably part of the problem.

How many NFL playoff wins do Tony Dungy and Lovie Smith have?

I guess Bill Belichick doesn't have much upside as a coach cause he's an introvert.

Every day on CIS I see dumber **** than ever before.

Coaches in the NFL don't have to recruit. Not in the same way. That's the difference.

Advertisement
The guy I quoted didn't specify college. The point is don't make stupid porsts speaking in absolutes.

Straw man

I think some of you have a warped idea of introversion. Plenty of introverts have social and communication skills. In fact being an introvert means having a heightened awareness of how you behave or what you say, and reflecting on those moments. So a social introvert would make for an excellent recruiter because they are more careful with their words and apply more meaning to them. Plus tons of top athletes are introverts and they relate better to that than a loudmouth extraverted buffoon like Tim Brewster, for example.

Obviously Rumph has personality issues that are separate from being an introvert which diminish his recruiting ability. There's no debating that.

As for the point about "being a great technician" - what is the evidence that Rumph doesn't qualify? What are the techniques that are lacking with Miami's corners? I watch a lot of football - mostly NFL - and Miami's corners have consistently played with better technique than a lot of pro guys I watch. You can argue about their talent level, which is admittedly mediocre, or you can criticize the schemes, which are mostly poor, but Rumph is the least responsible for those problems of any defensive staff member. It's been pointed out ad nauseam that he has little to no control over DB offers/targets and is rarely the lead recruiter on a corner.

Miami just got waxed by UNC and corner was probably the least destructive position on the defense in that game. Ivey got roasted by a much faster NFL WR on an island because the defense was helpless to stop the run. That was it for corner issues in the competitive portion of the game. Miami's LBs are atrocious from a recruiting and development standpoint, and that's the position that the HC and DC are supposedly responsible for, yet all this board ever talks about is Rumph. It's completely absurd. I couldn't care less if Rumph is fired or retained, but there are 4 other defensive staffers who I'm certain are very problematic, and the problem starts at the very top.

"I couldn't care less if Rumph is fired or retained, but there are 4 other defensive staffers who I'm certain are very problematic, and the problem starts at the very top."

I can agree with that.
If Rumph is the only change them he is getting scapegoated. His recruiting issues are a major issue but he is not the only problem in that defensive staff.

Straw man

Miami's CB play has been extremely lacking. There's no development with the corners that Miami has sans Couch. Where do you see that Miami has better development than professional teams? If so, you'd hear about Miami CBs getting drafted in the higher rounds instead of going undrafted. As of this moment, Blades and Ivey (both of whom were rated 4 starts) are not going to get drafted.

And if the talent is mediocre, it's up the coaches to bring in better talent.

On the topic of CB's, and not to weaken another area of the team necessarily, but more so looking at best players and ability would either of:
Balom, Harrell or A. Williams be athletic enough to play Corner?

It really is mind blowing the shortfall at CB. And it's not just the numbers but the lack of development. You watch Ivey and Blades continue making the same mistakes, i.e. never turning around for the ball.

Advertisement
Rumph got one recruit & the kid might be playing WR lmao I think this is it for Rumph. Manny has to know how important the corner position is in this day & age.

He has to accept his side of the ball and his boys got to go. Dont think his ego will let him, we going to find out though.
I think they're all gonezo. I really really think Manny will do every & anything he can to win here. This is his dream job. End of the road. He'd stay here forever if he could.

Correct me if I’m wrong, but didn’t he openly bash us while a coach in the community?
I think he also said we didnt offer Sony Michel till late..... We offered Sony Michel as an 8th grader lol...and he wasnt even on the Heritage staff then.

I wouldnt say he really bashed us though. Just said we didnt recruit there hard or something of the like...then he got the job and....did the same thing.

If Rump strikes out this badly on the trail imagine the dogs he used to take home from bars in college.

Someone fire this sumbltch already before we're forced to pull a Brian Monroe but at CB.

Advertisement
Back