Honestly, What The Fvck?

Advertisement
It's a miracle he's lasted this long. Every day he's here makes Manny look worse. Hope you're right.
I'm normally the last guy on the fire the coach bandwagon, but even I'm on board. He's another guy who doesn't seem like he'd get hired at the Power5 level if Miami fired him, and maybe not even at the G5 level. Bring in a proven DB coach already.

Advertisement
Collegiate Star....So doesn't make him a coach good or bad just shows HE had good coaching
Won 2001 NC.....see ^^^
Former NFL player.... again ^^^
African American....so was Randy and we see how that worked out
Coached HS locally....yet couldn't recruit 2 5* kids who he coached since optimist that thought of him as a mentor and family
recruiting should be easy for him.....evidently not see ^^^

Objectively speaking, what is the answer to this? I mean, he checks a lot of boxes. Collegiate star. Won 2001 NC. Former NFL player. African-American. Coached high school locally. Recruiting should be the easy part for him.

I think he’s naturally introverted, which is a tough hurdle for recruiting.

You can be a quiet loaner and be a great football player, but coaches have to be communicators and salesmen.

He opened up about going to a sports psychologist to help him be a better communicator.

He doesn’t have much upside as a coach.

Advertisement
Objectively speaking, what is the answer to this? I mean, he checks a lot of boxes. Collegiate star. Won 2001 NC. Former NFL player. African-American. Coached high school locally. Recruiting should be the easy part for him.
It’s been mentioned in numerous posts here in the past that he admitted to going to a psychologist to help him with whatever issue it was that he has.
Not making excuses, but some people just don’t relate well to others - especially kids. Nothing to be ashamed of but if a person has that type of personality, coaching probably should not be the profession of choice.

Collegiate Star....So doesn't make him a coach good or bad just shows HE had good coaching
Won 2001 NC.....see ^^^
Former NFL player.... again ^^^
African American....so was Randy and we see how that worked out
Coached HS locally....yet couldn't recruit 2 5* kids who he coached since optimist that thought of him as a mentor and family
recruiting should be easy for him.....evidently not see ^^^

You're misunderstanding me. Of course, the fact that he played doesn't mean he can coach. But, I'm not talking about his coaching. I'm talking about his recruiting. Because everything I mentioned above *should* make him an easy sell for a recruit.

It’s been mentioned in numerous posts here in the past that he admitted to going to a psychologist to help him with whatever issue it was that he has.
Not making excuses, but some people just don’t relate well to others - especially kids. Nothing to be ashamed of but if a person has that type of personality, coaching probably should not be the profession of choice.
I had not heard what you or Able had posted. Interesting. You'd think in a more personal setting of a living room (or even on the phone) that those issues would be mitigated.

Advertisement
Advertisement
None of the highlighted qualities make a lick of difference when it comes to recruiting.

It's no coincidence that the vast majority of the best recruiters wouldn't be out of place selling used cars.

I had not heard what you or Able had posted. Interesting. You'd think in a more personal setting of a living room (or even on the phone) that those issues would be mitigated.
I can’t recall exactly when it came up but I do remember his visits to a doctor mentioned here.
Not necessarily IMO. One on one’s or a small group setting may be even more uncomfortable to some.

Rumph sucks at recruiting...the results prove that. But shouldn’t recruiting be somewhat of a team game? If Manny knows Rumph struggles at this, then as the HC he should mask that deficiency and have others take the lead on recruiting (it’s been said that they are doing this already). So the real question is...why can’t the entire UM coaching staff close on CB’s then?! Is he a bad Coach then? Serious question.

If Banda can close on JW and Kinchens, shouldn’t he be able to close on a CB too? Only thing that seems to make sense is that CB’s don’t believe in Rumph’s coaching (or Manny’s scheme).

Advertisement
Back