Hire Brian Flores as DC

I'm all about free speech. I ain't reporting nobody and don't like people being banned. I don't understand the analytics sometimes, that is all.
We have limits here on some stuff. We don’t deny it at all. It’s a privately owned board so we can do that and we try to keep it away from going down certain paths. It’s not what the board is here for and it turns ugly and then people end up with infractions. It also pushes more of the readers we want away.

Cleaning things up has this site making more in advertising dollars than ever before and that’s the income source as reading and participating is free.

The ban on here for this user was automatic based on previous points. This same user made a different statement this morning that we reached out to him privately as we didn’t want to see a ban kick in. At some point we just have to do what we do.

Advertisement
The only thing I'll say is, if there was a black head coach that was expected to be the next Jimmy Johnson, you think these NFL teams wouldn't fall all over themselves to get that guy? Football is about winning. If a black coach gives me a better chance to win than a white coach, you're goddamned right I'm hiring the black guy. I want to win Super Bowls, not participation trophies.

Personally speaking, I think the Rooney rule should be abolished. Because now, you have to take in account that you HAVE to interview a minority. You're including race in hiring practices, and I think that is inherently wrong.

"Not by the color of my skin, but by the content of my character." I believe those words to be true and right.

Rooney Rule is a charade. NFL teams interview minority coaches because they're forced to. Coaches should be interviewed because they deserve/warrant it. Nothing less. Nothing more. That said, I can't believe there isn't more than just 1 qualified black head coach good enough to lead an NFL team. Sad that Mike Tomlin is the only minority coach in the league. Straight BS 💩!!!

Rooney Rule is a charade. NFL teams interview minority coaches because they're forced to. Coaches should be interviewed because they deserve/warrant it. Nothing less. Nothing more. That said, I can't believe there isn't more than just 1 qualified black head coach good enough to lead an NFL team. Sad that Mike Tomlin is the only minority coach in the league. Straight BS 💩!!!
Rooney Rule was put it place because they wouldn’t interview a minority. This interview practice is shared in several fields. It’s all BS. It’s their way of saying “I interviewed a minority, everyone had the same opportunity”.

As a Phins fan, I still can’t believe ownership didn’t realize that he’s the best head coach we’ve had in a lifetime. The **** show that followed is pathetic and brand damaging. I’d love for him to coach my NFC team (and number one pro team) The Bears. I have the great misfortune of cheering for the two worst ownership groups in all of Pro Football. Sad and true. I’m so grateful that my Canes are on an upward trajectory

Advertisement
I look at facts bro. Look at the players who have left the team in a sour way, look at turnover on coaching staff, Omar Kelly said he has never been disrespected by a football professional like Flores. My statement had nothing to do with Tua so not sure why his name is even being brought up. I said Flores was fired for a reason and it had nothing to do with racism and there is many facts that back that up.
Ah yes...Omar Kelly. A true leader in respecting others..

I think with football its the fact that most wealthy people do not want their kids playing football for the most part. I don't know a single person my age that allows their kid to play football. I think if every white parent had their kid play football. We would see a lot more white NFL players.
I actually think you’re on a more realistic track here.

If it’s instead economically driven - poor kids investing time and effort in athletics like football, as a way to a better life…this offers a plausible explanation for the imbalances you see on the field.

Conversely, and simplifying - if wealthier kids are more focused on books, academics, learning, strategy, tactics…and are, for lack of a better term, joining the Chess club - that same logic above suggests why there could be an imbalance in coaching.

That approach offers an explanation that isn’t racially based toxic sludge, but instead, simple logic. After all, successful people have no economic or business interest in hiring anything but the best candidate for the job - they‘re (usually) successful because they’re smart and surround themselves with a great team.

As such those who prefer peddling racially based toxic sludge instead of logic would be infuriated by that kind of thinking. That where someone focuses and advances their interest is a more likely indicator of success than skin color.

You quoting Omar Kelly's b*tch ***?. Now i know you dont know sh*t.

Left the team in a sour way?. Who worth a sh*t left in a sour way?.

Now this is my team so i got time.
Omar Kelly sucks but I’m giving examples of Brian Flores rubbing people the wrong way.

Stills, minkah, van noy, flowers, Grantham the DC for the giants. Hiring and firing 4 OCs in 3 years, multiple position coaches especially OL. Flores was not fired for his mediocre record. He was fired bc his disrespectful personality turned people off to him. He was an instigator and when he didn’t get his way he didn’t talk to Chris Grier and some coaches for months at a time. He undermines the starting QB as well as other players. His actions wouldn’t fly at any career whether he was Black, white, or blue. This gets back to my point that Flores was fired with cause and it had nothing to do with race.

The tanking stuff, not sure how I feel. As a dolphins fan myself everyone wanted the first pick so ross doing everyone possible to secure that, I’m not sure if I have any real issue as a fan. I hear the integrity of the game complaints but teams “tank” every year especially when there is a prolific QB prospect. I see people trying to bring betting into this, which it has absolutely nothing to do with. The team was gutted, ross may or may not have offered money to lose games but I seriously doubt there is evidence, and he didn’t do it to make money betting. Ross is a BILLIONAIRE and you don’t become that wealthy being an idiot.

Ross also came out with a statement this morning basically saying Flores is full of **** with everything he said about Ross and the dolphins, so we are about to see who is telling the truth. Once again my point was to another poster about the dolphins and racism and that Flores was fired not bc his record, but because him being a mediocre employee who didn’t get along well with others.

Advertisement
As a Phins fan, I still can’t believe ownership didn’t realize that he’s the best head coach we’ve had in a lifetime. The **** show that followed is pathetic and brand damaging. I’d love for him to coach my NFC team (and number one pro team) The Bears. I have the great misfortune of cheering for the two worst ownership groups in all of Pro Football. Sad and true. I’m so grateful that my Canes are on an upward trajectory
I think Brian Flores is a great defensive coach. I also think his flaws are what caused leaks in the ship and ultimately why he is now jobless. Unless you are bill belichek and have an established resume this is a relationships profession and Flores burned many bridges. His lack of relationships really hurt the offensive side of the ball bc we couldn’t find a legit OC in 3 years. Once you head coach isn’t talking to multiple people on the organization it is just a matter of time before change is going to happen,

I hope you are old bc the dolphins and bears have not been good in my lifetime. Maybe the new coaches will help(don’t know anything about the bears new coach) Really hope the dolphins get mike mcdaniels, think he is a young innovative mind that could help the offense.

Ron Rivera says hi 👋

Advertisement
I actually think you’re on a more realistic track here.

If it’s instead economically driven - poor kids investing time and effort in athletics like football, as a way to a better life…this offers a plausible explanation for the imbalances you see on the field.

Conversely, and simplifying - if wealthier kids are more focused on books, academics, learning, strategy, tactics…and are, for lack of a better term, joining the Chess club - that same logic above suggests why there could be an imbalance in coaching.

That approach offers an explanation that isn’t racially based toxic sludge, but instead, simple logic. After all, successful people have no economic or business interest in hiring anything but the best candidate for the job - they‘re (usually) successful because they’re smart and surround themselves with a great team.

As such those who prefer peddling racially based toxic sludge instead of logic would be infuriated by that kind of thinking. That where someone focuses and advances their interest is a more likely indicator of success than skin color.
This is the logic you use to defend your agenda??? Lol. You know nothing about the sport. Definitely how it has changed in the past 20 years. Dude this is funny 😄

I think Brian Flores is a great defensive coach. I also think his flaws are what caused leaks in the ship and ultimately why he is now jobless. Unless you are bill belichek and have an established resume this is a relationships profession and Flores burned many bridges. His lack of relationships really hurt the offensive side of the ball bc we couldn’t find a legit OC in 3 years. Once you head coach isn’t talking to multiple people on the organization it is just a matter of time before change is going to happen,

I hope you are old bc the dolphins and bears have not been good in my lifetime. Maybe the new coaches will help(don’t know anything about the bears new coach) Really hope the dolphins get mike mcdaniels, think he is a young innovative mind that could help the offense.
When have the Dolphins had a good OC?

Advertisement
This is the logic you use to defend your agenda??? Lol. You know nothing about the sport. Definitely how it has changed in the past 20 years. Dude this is funny 😄
I don't have an agenda. I was working off what others stated, and using only logic as a guiding point to expand on points others made. The great thing there is that it doesn't require me to insult anyone or become emotional, both of which never allow real problems to get solved.

Its all over the place.....im not doing your work for you...and don't forget the coaches he had issues with...and yeah remember losing 7 games in row...
Mike Zimmer got fired too and he was closer to the playoffs...
Dude is looking like a soft *** baby bc he didn't get hired.
So you don't have a name. Got it!
And, calling someone out for there blatant stupidity is being a soft *** baby, ok 🤭

Advertisement
Back