Hire Brian Flores as DC

Advertisement
Maybe Mario said, “Thanks but no thanks, I’ve already got my LB coach.” So Flores had to take the Steelers job.
Flores had no interest in coaching college...

He wanted to be a HC, but he obviously wasn’t gonna get hired by any teams while simultaneously suing the league so his friend Mike Tomlin did him a favor & put him on his staff.

Advertisement
Maybe Mario said, “Thanks but no thanks, I’ve already got my LB coach.” So Flores had to take the Steelers job.
And Flores will no doubt continue to struggle with HC interviews for years to come as he continues to bite the hand that feeds you with these lawsuits. Still, it was a good hire for Pittsburg. He knows his Xs and Os on defense for sure and perhaps can now go to finishing school and learn how to get along at the cooperate level. At his age, he has time, and maybe he gets a hard look in Pittsburg when Mike Tomlin hangs it up.

Advertisement
And Flores will no doubt continue to struggle with HC interviews for years to come as he continues to bite the hand that feeds you with these lawsuits.

A choice he made with eyes wide open. I applaud him for understanding that and still taking that risk. And to me, that's who Flores is. I doubt he changes to get along better with corporate heads or management. The man's 40. It's not like he's some impressionable teenager.

A choice he made with eyes wide open. I applaud him for understanding that and still taking that risk. And to me, that's who Flores is. I doubt he changes to get along better with corporate heads or management. The man's 40. It's not like he's some impressionable teenager.
Maybe he's doing his Bill Belichick impression. There's not much in life we didn't get from others, one way or the other and a lot of coaches who left New England have trouble with their people skills. And if he doesn't want to make the adjustment, it's not all bad, you can actually make millions being a good DC in the NFL.

Advertisement
Back