Hire Brian Flores as DC

Souring a relationship has nothing to do with race. He ultimately was fired with nothing to do with coaching, it was his abrasive personality. You can’t be a 500 coach and act like that. There is plenty of grounds for him being fired. I agree with you Flores is a good coach, but I think he is a terrible manager and that is big part of being a head coach. You just want to know how any of that has to do with race. Hypothetically let’s say Flores claims are true how can he prove that if it was a white coach they would not have also been fired?
The lawsuit is against the Giants and their token interview. I never said anything to do with the Dolphins about race. I said his relationship with Dolphins likely soured because he wouldn't tank for the owner.

Advertisement
Flores wanted Tua just like everyone else in the organization. This tank everyone is talking about was originally for Tua. Flores ran off multiple good players and coaches , not to mention he had say in who was drafted and who was picked up in free agency hence all the pats free agents. He lost almost every big game he played in. The way he treated and talked down to players and coaches is grounds for firing. Since you are under the limelight, almost every team knows Flores is an ******* who doesn’t get along with people he works with and doesn’t have the best relationships in the nfl bc of his personality and this includes coaches, players, and execs. If he should have a job bc his current resume you are saying gase and philbin should both have jobs bc they had about the same record and had the same people running the dolphins organization.

Daboll was one of the hottest coordinators and it was almost 100% he was getting a job. The giants big problem is on the offensive side of the ball and they want to try and save Daniel Jones where daboll is an offensive coach. It was rumored Flores big plan was to trade for desean watson and the giants clearly wanted to give Jones more time. If Flores was a top coach he would have a job right now. If it was believed a coach would be as good as bill belichek, or Andy reed, or John harbough, or mike tomlin it doesn’t matter if they where white, black, tan, blue, pink, or orange they would be hired as a coach in the nfl.
I haven’t said a thing about his color. He didn’t want Tua over Herbert. Yes he did have some say on players. Jesus Christ I’m saying his last two years are winning records with a lot of things not in his favor in winning should be a big deal. Gase and Philben did not have that. There is more to a resume than record. 1-15 7-9 11-5 total of 19-29 JJ first three years in Dallas. If you reversed those years and his third year was 1-15 he probably wouldn’t have gotten a fourth. And if you went off record alone you wouldn’t have hired him. A lot of the things you said were being said about Flores were said about Jimmy. He was hated. I’m not by any means comparing Flores to Jimmy(my favorite coach ever) just saying Jimmy got to stay long enough to show his greatness. I can make an argument to fire Flores no doubt. I think he did enough to deserve more time. I think getting a group of grown *** men to not quit on the season after 1-7 start and finish 9-8 is a sign of a man that men will follow. Weather they like him or not. In general I could give two ***** if someone is difficult to deal with or abrasive if they get the **** job done. Everyone is so soft shouldered anymore. What coaching tree did he come from? I wonder where he saw how to deal with ****? Maybe from the most hard to deal with prick and greatest coach of all time. What did Ross think he was getting? I hope I’m wrong and Dolphins make a great hire and take off. My guess is we go the other way.

I haven’t said a thing about his color. He didn’t want Tua over Herbert. Yes he did have some say on players. Jesus Christ I’m saying his last two years are winning records with a lot of things not in his favor in winning should be a big deal. Gase and Philben did not have that. There is more to a resume than record. 1-15 7-9 11-5 total of 19-29 JJ first three years in Dallas. If you reversed those years and his third year was 1-15 he probably wouldn’t have gotten a fourth. And if you went off record alone you wouldn’t have hired him. A lot of the things you said were being said about Flores were said about Jimmy. He was hated. I’m not by any means comparing Flores to Jimmy(my favorite coach ever) just saying Jimmy got to stay long enough to show his greatness. I can make an argument to fire Flores no doubt. I think he did enough to deserve more time. I think getting a group of grown *** men to not quit on the season after 1-7 start and finish 9-8 is a sign of a man that men will follow. Weather they like him or not. In general I could give two ***** if someone is difficult to deal with or abrasive if they get the **** job done. Everyone is so soft shouldered anymore. What coaching tree did he come from? I wonder where he saw how to deal with ****? Maybe from the most hard to deal with prick and greatest coach of all time. What did Ross think he was getting? I hope I’m wrong and Dolphins make a great hire and take off. My guess is we go the other way.
Every dolphins source said he also wanted Tua. The only person making the Herbert claim is the same guy who said mike McDaniel interviewed on Tuesday. He also doesn’t have the clout to act like belichek and be an *******.like I’ve said 10 times I think Flores is a good coach and a bad manager, he got fired bc of being an abrasive manager. I also believe in hard work, but you don’t talk down to people, or ridicule them and expect to have respect.

My whole argument is he wasn’t fired for racism like some people claim. Also for any dolphins fan to be up in air about a tank when 99% got ****ed if we won a game is nothing but hipocritical. Flores is being very petty including anything about the dolphins in a class action suit when he never experienced any type of racism as a coach of the dolphins is my main reason for not being happy.

Every dolphins source said he also wanted Tua. The only person making the Herbert claim is the same guy who said mike McDaniel interviewed on Tuesday. He also doesn’t have the clout to act like belichek and be an *******.like I’ve said 10 times I think Flores is a good coach and a bad manager, he got fired bc of being an abrasive manager. I also believe in hard work, but you don’t talk down to people, or ridicule them and expect to have respect.

My whole argument is he wasn’t fired for racism like some people claim. Also for any dolphins fan to be up in air about a tank when 99% got ****ed if we won a game is nothing but hipocritical. Flores is being very petty including anything about the dolphins in a class action suit when he never experienced any type of racism as a coach of the dolphins is my main reason for not being happy.
I agree I don’t think his firing had anything to do with race. I would like to believe not getting the Giants job or any of the other open jobs had anything to do about race. It would be a little naive with only 1 black coach in NFL right now to think there is no issue there.
I think it was bad form for Ross to badmouth Flores. Especially knowing he was out there looking for a job. So since I already can’t stand him I hope he takes some heat.
I find it hard to believe he wanted Tua. Fake news. But I’m sure that will eventually all come out.
Belichik has always been an *******. Long before he had clout.
My main point was Giants said they hired the most qualified guy. They didn’t. He may have been the right guy time will tell.

Advertisement
Every dolphins source said he also wanted Tua.

Nope, Flores hated Tua, Flores told Ross to His face that you can't win with Tua.

Keyshawn Johnson said that it was Chan Gailey that convinced Grier to draft Tua, and I believe Him 1,000,000,000%.

I mean, with Tua & Flores' toxic relationship, only a fool would believe that Flores banged the table for Tua on draft day.

Rooney Rule is a charade. NFL teams interview minority coaches because they're forced to. Coaches should be interviewed because they deserve/warrant it. Nothing less. Nothing more. That said, I can't believe there isn't more than just 1 qualified black head coach good enough to lead an NFL team. Sad that Mike Tomlin is the only minority coach in the league. Straight BS 💩!!!

There's 32 NFL football teams. It's not 100's. The NFL Owners and GMs want to win more than anything. They draft a higher percentage of minority players every year and have minorities all throughout their organizations. Do you think they are sitting around and saying "Hey I'm going to be racist on this one position." Do you realize how stupid that sounds. You said yourself and "Coaches should be interviewed because they deserve/warrant it. Nothing less. Nothing more." Then you follow that up there's not enough minorities. Do you realize how hypocritical that statement is. Based off your previous sentence race shouldn't matter. There's been multiple black head coaches that have been fired just like white head coaches.

I agree I don’t think his firing had anything to do with race. I would like to believe not getting the Giants job or any of the other open jobs had anything to do about race. It would be a little naive with only 1 black coach in NFL right now to think there is no issue there.
I think it was bad form for Ross to badmouth Flores. Especially knowing he was out there looking for a job. So since I already can’t stand him I hope he takes some heat.
I find it hard to believe he wanted Tua. Fake news. But I’m sure that will eventually all come out.
Belichik has always been an *******. Long before he had clout.
My main point was Giants said they hired the most qualified guy. They didn’t. He may have been the right guy time will tell.
I got you man. Yea I have to respect Ross as an owner bc he will spend money, but I also feel he has made some very poor decision when it comes to Grier and tannenbaum keeping their jobs for so long. Also picking Michigan over the dolphins is grounds for fans showing up to his office with pitchforks. Plus the parking situation at the stadium last year was bull****. You already know he is going to hire Kellen Moore over McDaniel and the fans are going to start WW3. But who knows I was pretty mad when he hired Flores last cycle bc I wanted Kris Richards, but he ended up being a good coach.

Advertisement
Nope, Flores hated Tua, Flores told Ross to His face that you can't win with Tua.

Keyshawn Johnson said that it was Chan Gailey that convinced Grier to draft Tua, and I believe Him 1,000,000,000%.

I mean, with Tua & Flores' toxic relationship, only a fool would believe that Flores banged the table for Tua on draft day.
Every dolphins beat writer connected to the team said Flores wanted Tua. Keyshawn Johnson is one of the last people I would believe, he has zero connects with the dolphins. Obviously something happened after that first year and it quickly deteriorated Flores and tuas relationship.

I got you man. Yea I have to respect Ross as an owner bc he will spend money, but I also feel he has made some very poor decision when it comes to Grier and tannenbaum keeping their jobs for so long. Also picking Michigan over the dolphins is grounds for fans showing up to his office with pitchforks. Plus the parking situation at the stadium last year was bull****. You already know he is going to hire Kellen Moore over McDaniel and the fans are going to start WW3. But who knows I was pretty mad when he hired Flores last cycle bc I wanted Kris Richards, but he ended up being a good coach.
Boy I hope he doesn’t hire Moore. McDaniel seems like the obvious pick.

There's 32 NFL football teams. It's not 100's. The NFL Owners and GMs want to win more than anything. They draft a higher percentage of minority players every year and have minorities all throughout their organizations. Do you think they are sitting around and saying "Hey I'm going to be racist on this one position." Do you realize how stupid that sounds. You said yourself and "Coaches should be interviewed because they deserve/warrant it. Nothing less. Nothing more." Then you follow that up there's not enough minorities. Do you realize how hypocritical that statement is. Based off your previous sentence race shouldn't matter. There's been multiple black head coaches that have been fired just like white head coaches.

I'm sure y'all were saying the same thing about baseball players before Jackie Robinson came along. Say what you will but the truth of the matter is that there's no way anyone can justify there being 500+ NFL head coaches in history and only 24 of them have been black. That's crazy to me.

As for my "interview/nothing less/nothing more" comment you referenced, I don't want to see hand outs. And I'm confident no minority candidate is asking for that. All people want to see is for everyone to get a fair shot. It would be nice to see more people of color get consideration because of their merit. IF Brian Flores is correct with his accusations against the NFL then I hope nothing more than to see the collapse of the good ol' boy network once and for all.

Advertisement
I'm sure y'all were saying the same thing about baseball players before Jackie Robinson came along. Say what you will but the truth of the matter is that there's no way anyone can justify there being 500+ NFL head coaches in history and only 24 of them have been black. That's crazy to me.

As for my "interview/nothing less/nothing more" comment you referenced, I don't want to see hand outs. And I'm confident no minority candidate is asking for that. All people want to see is for everyone to get a fair shot. It would be nice to see more people of color get consideration because of their merit. IF Brian Flores is correct with his accusations against the NFL then I hope nothing more than to see the collapse of the good ol' boy network once and for all.

That good ole boy NFL that has more minorities overall with players, coaches, GMs, scouts, etc. However, their racist because their not hiring enough black head coaches. Amazing some people are still falling for this nonsense. If we were truly looking at things the right way we wouldn’t be concerned with race at all when it came to hiring anyone at any position.

That good ole boy NFL that has more minorities overall with players, coaches, GMs, scouts, etc. However, their racist because their not hiring enough black head coaches. Amazing some people are still falling for this nonsense. If we were truly looking at things the right way we wouldn’t be concerned with race at all when it came to hiring anyone at any position.

I haven't fallen for any of the nonsense. I'm strictly calling it like I see it. I think it's crazy that we live in a world where we have a professional league in America that has 70% of its players black, yet when it comes to positions of power/clout only 3% are HC's and 0% claim an ownership stake. If you don't have a problem with that then I don't know what to tell ya.

I haven't fallen for any of the nonsense. I'm strictly calling it like I see it. I think it's crazy that we live in a world where we have a professional league in America that has 70% of its players black, yet when it comes to positions of power/clout only 3% are HC's and 0% claim an ownership stake. If you don't have a problem with that then I don't know what to tell ya.

Nope, I don’t have any problems because I don’t believe race should matter at all. White or Black.

Advertisement
The NFL Owners and GMs want to win more than anything.

Yet the Giants, who this thread is partly about, have hired 3 losers since Coughlin resigned, and they happen to be White. Matter of fact, the Giants have never hired a Black HC.
Do you think they are sitting around and saying "Hey I'm going to be racist on this one position."

Yes, even if they've hired a Black HC before. You're either naive or willfully ignorant if you think otherwise.

Yet the Giants, who this thread is partly about, have hired 3 losers since Coughlin resigned, and they happen to be White. Matter of fact, the Giants have never hired a Black HC.

Yes, even if they've hired a Black HC before. You're either naive or willfully ignorant if you think otherwise.

We’re never truly getting past this until everyone stops viewing things through skin color. A man/woman should not be hired or interviewed just based off their race.

Advertisement
Back