Hill 100% Committed!

Advertisement
First of all I’m talking about his pass rushing skills which yes Joe Jackson is/was a better pass rusher than garvin. Coming into the season i thought Garvin had the ability to have a 10 sack season last year. I mean He finished the season in the last 6 games with only 0.5 sacks which he generally should do better in that area given his ability. Joe Jackson had 47 tackles, 14.5 tfls, 9 sacks, 3 pds, int, td in 2018 so he was far from a slouch. And garvin only had 13 tackles and 2.5 tfls more than joe Jackson. This is not a wtf are you watching situation. Big difference huh?...

Someone find me the snooze button

Our DEs are going to feast in 2019. But it's going to be interesting to see if teams can pound the rock against us. That's our potential weakness as we don't have a true SDE or true nose guard. We didn't really have that last year, either, though. Jacks was 250 and Willis was 300 according to hurricanesports, and I think that's being generous. I was shocked we struggled against Ga Tech, think that was more the team being undisciplined than mass and force at the line. Our senior LBs are going to be key here. McCloud is probably as solid as Garvin. Anyone know how heavy Rousseau is at this point?
Well at end Hill actually seems to play the run pretty **** well in the film Ive seen and garvin definitely plays it well too. Remains to be seen at dt but I think we can get the job done

He gives us a strong pair of starting DEs. If a DT emerges, our DL could be lethal again.

Yep. Hill plus Garvin with Rousseau and Patch give us a very solid DE rotation that i like a lot. DT - We know what Nnoruka brings to the table, and Bethel is a dependable, nothing flashy, steady Eddie kind of guy. But if Nesta and Ford can just take the next step in their development then our D Line will be in business.

We could have a ferocious 1st and 2nd unit D Line that can go toe to toe with anybody in the ACC not named Clemson. And we need to give Clemson **** this year just to make a 'we comin' statement.

Very exciting times.

Advertisement
Well at end Hill actually seems to play the run pretty **** well in the film Ive seen and garvin definitely plays it well too. Remains to be seen at dt but I think we can get the job done
I recall VagTech fans complaining about him in the run game when it was first coming out that he was coming here but they were bitter too so we'll see.

Anyone surprised by this?
Where are the people saying he was going to Maryland? Lol
Crickets

What i have come to realize is, we got alot of people on this board with memberships to the feminine community, for a football blog, everyday i see to many of these nervous and worried post like a bunch of women getting ready on wedding day, its comical but sad at the same time. ****'s post some of the dumbest crap on here too, how many times you seen people criticizing coach rumph or banda because recruits went else, we turn round and had the #1 pass defense in the nation, and the feminine community was still complaining about who didnt sign, lol. Than they out did themselves and proved they could be even more asanine, last year coach rumph and coach banda between them signed Blades, ivey, hall and frierson, an according to the nerd recruiting sites, they were all so called "4 star" recruits, and nigel bethel a so called "3 star" who actually has a chance to be better than all of them, but the feminine community started berating coach rumph and banda as if that was a failed recruiting job, so come this year, we already had keontrra smith and te'cory couch committed, both according to the nerd recruiting sites are "4 star" recruits, the feminine community started cranking up again on how this was another so called failed recruiting job by coach rumph and coach banda, Lo and Behold all of a sudden some recruit named Christian williams commits all of a sudden the feminine community went crazy and started posting things like " coach rumph finally redeemed himself" and this and that, alot of people acting as if williams signing was some major victory, and even coach rumph seemed like he fell for the hype too, all this celebrating for another so called "4 star". So i had to ask the question, what was the difference between the signing of last year's "4 star" recruits vs this one "4 star" recruit, you talking bout crickets. So let me see if i got this straight, in the 4 recruiting classes since coach rumph has been here, 9 db's/cb's have come in, out of the 9, seven of them have been rated by the nerd recruiting sites as "4 stars" and 2 have been rated "3 star" recruits with one of them being malek young and the other one who is probably a better athlete than all the db's is nigel bethel, but somehow before this one "4 star" recruit Christian williams signed, coach rumph was being labeled on this board as being a failure, LOL, man you cant make this ignorant **** up, it is comical tho! Got coach rumph going to see the shrink, man if i see coach imma let em know, WTH is you doing, you been doing a good job in recruiting before this year keep doing you!

Advertisement

What i have come to realize is, we got alot of people on this board with memberships to the feminine community, for a football blog, everyday i see to many of these nervous and worried post like a bunch of women getting ready on wedding day, its comical but sad at the same time. ****'s post some of the dumbest crap on here too, how many times you seen people criticizing coach rumph or banda because recruits went else, we turn round and had the #1 pass defense in the nation, and the feminine community was still complaining about who didnt sign, lol. Than they out did themselves and proved they could be even more asanine, last year coach rumph and coach banda between them signed Blades, ivey, hall and frierson, an according to the nerd recruiting sites, they were all so called "4 star" recruits, and nigel bethel a so called "3 star" who actually has a chance to be better than all of them, but the feminine community started berating coach rumph and banda as if that was a failed recruiting job, so come this year, we already had keontrra smith and te'cory couch committed, both according to the nerd recruiting sites are "4 star" recruits, the feminine community started cranking up again on how this was another so called failed recruiting job by coach rumph and coach banda, Lo and Behold all of a sudden some recruit named Christian williams commits all of a sudden the feminine community went crazy and started posting things like " coach rumph finally redeemed himself" and this and that, alot of people acting as if williams signing was some major victory, and even coach rumph seemed like he fell for the hype too, all this celebrating for another so called "4 star". So i had to ask the question, what was the difference between the signing of last year's "4 star" recruits vs this one "4 star" recruit, you talking bout crickets. So let me see if i got this straight, in the 4 recruiting classes since coach rumph has been here, 9 db's/cb's have come in, out of the 9, seven of them have been rated by the nerd recruiting sites as "4 stars" and 2 have been rated "3 star" recruits with one of them being malek young and the other one who is probably a better athlete than all the db's is nigel bethel, but somehow before this one "4 star" recruit Christian williams signed, coach rumph was being labeled on this board as being a failure, LOL, man you cant make this ignorant **** up, it is comical tho! Got coach rumph going to see the shrink, man if i see coach imma let em know, WTH is you doing, you been doing a good job in recruiting before this year keep doing you!

First of all I’m talking about his pass rushing skills which yes Joe Jackson is/was a better pass rusher than garvin. Coming into the season i thought Garvin had the ability to have a 10 sack season last year. I mean He finished the season in the last 6 games with only 0.5 sacks which he generally should do better in that area given his ability. Joe Jackson had 47 tackles, 14.5 tfls, 9 sacks, 3 pds, int, td in 2018 so he was far from a slouch. And garvin only had 13 tackles and 2.5 tfls more than joe Jackson. This is not a wtf are you watching situation. Big difference huh?...
The issue isn't Garvin's pass rushing ability, it's your unfair expectations.

Garvin was a True Sophomore who hadn't started a single game coming into the season, to expect for him to get 10 sacks was just setting the bar too high & then trying to critique his performance after as if he's not as good of a pass rusher is actually kinda ridiculous.

Joe Jackson never had 10 sacks in one season in his career, neither did Chad Thomas, or Trent Harris, or DJax. In fact we haven't had a DL with a 10 sack season since Calais Campbell & Kareem Brown.

Your expectations were completely unrealistic, Garvin well overachieved his Sophomore season & is a beast pass rusher.

I love Garvin but I don’t know if he’s big enough. If you have trust I have trust! Is there any chance that they kick PB out to start SDE? Especially after UCLA transfer?

Personally i dont think they do. If i was the dl coach though i would play Bethel some on the edge.(early downs)...especially if the GT flashes...lets move guys around. Garvin doesnt have the bulk..but his reach and get off is a problem regardless of his size.
Im going to be honest i think Rousseeau gets hyped a bit to much on here. Ive seen him in person and physically he looks like a freak and he definately seems to have the work ethic...im excited we got Hill in to not put alot of pressure on him and allow him to work his way in early on in the season.

Advertisement
Yep. Hill plus Garvin with Rousseau and Patch give us a very solid DE rotation that i like a lot. DT - We know what Nnoruka brings to the table, and Bethel is a dependable, nothing flashy, steady Eddie kind of guy. But if Nesta and Ford can just take the next step in their development then our D Line will be in business.

We could have a ferocious 1st and 2nd unit D Line that can go toe to toe with anybody in the ACC not named Clemson. And we need to give Clemson **** this year just to make a 'we comin' statement.

Very exciting times.
I think our D-line could go toe-to-toe with Clemson if not be better as they lost their entire starting D-line plus a Senior on 2nd team. They will probably have a talented, but unproven D-line.

At DT they have: Xavier Kelly (rsh soph) - Converted DE with 27 tackles in 93 snaps. Niles Pickney (rsh jr) - 44 tackles in 490 snaps. Jordan William's- 13 tackles in 147 snaps. DE: Xavier Thomas (soph) - former 5-star. 43 tackles, 10.5 tfl, 3.5 sacks in 304 snaps. Justin Foster (jr) 25 tackles in 264 snaps. Logan Rudolph (rsh soph) - 16 tackles in 163 snaps.

As you can see Clemson doesn't return a lot of guys on the DL with significant experience. They have to replace starters at other positions on defense as well. I expect their offense to carry them the whole year.

Advertisement

Bruh ain’t no body reading this long *** run on sentence! Re-format this chit.

One of the big factors that our defense will have this year that will help them immensely is that the offense won’t be as God awful ******* terrible like there were last year. People like to forget how much football is about emotion. One of the things that was so impressive about the defense is how well they were able to play in a very demoralizing environment. A component offense that doesn’t go 3 and out every series or turn the ******* ball over consistently will help the defense this year.

Bethel is 300 lbs now. He's a DT all the way I'd think. Not really quick enough to play on the edge either.

We're pretty good at DE with Garvin, Hill, Patchan, GR, and Harvey. Maybe Blissett also plays DE as a frosh
Speaking from a coaches perspective you can get away with a twiner at defensive end. Meaning a guy like Blissett could play defensive end because he's 6"4 270 but only to the boundary side of the defense due to his speed . At that size he can help you on earlyrun downs and you won't have to worry about getting pushed around if this is a concern of course. However with him being a freshman is he ready to help you this early? Based on his film he was abusing alot of smaller kids just like the other incoming linemen but that's not gonna be the case come August. Coaches will have more of an idea when camp comes around.

One of the big factors that our defense will have this year that will help them immensely is that the offense won’t be as God awful ******* terrible like there were last year. People like to forget how much football is about emotion. One of the things that was so impressive about the defense is how well they were able to play in a very demoralizing environment. A component offense that doesn’t go 3 and out every series or turn the ******* ball over consistently will help the defense this year.

Forgot to add the constant 15 yard punts as well.

Advertisement
Back