Hill 100% Committed!

Advertisement
We need him. Plain and simple. It's a perfect fit. Gives Patchan a better-suited role as a 4th DE and Harvey some buffer to fill out and develop, if needed.

You are a defensive x and o genius...does hill start over GR? I’ve watched his film and he’s a great pass rusher but I don’t know if he stands up against the run. Just wanna hear your thoughts...

You are a defensive x and o genius...does hill start over GR? I’ve watched his film and he’s a great pass rusher but I don’t know if he stands up against the run. Just wanna hear your thoughts...

Most definately.

Rousseau hasnt made a play yet in his career...and played small school ball in high school. Hll has already went up against all the coastal tackles. He's not that good against the run but thats expected at his weight..but with better coaching on the DL he can be respectable there and above avg rushing the passer.

Advertisement
Most definately.

Rousseau hasnt made a play yet in his career...and played small school ball in high school. Hll has already went up against all the coastal tackles. He's not that good against the run but thats expected at his weight..but with better coaching on the DL he can be respectable there and above avg rushing the passer.

You’re another one I respect, so thank you. But can hill and garvin be on the field at same time to start? Is garvin enough of an SDE?

Ha. Not even close to a genius or even an expert. Impossible to guess at this early stage, but I think Rousseau can become our starting SDE by midseason. Hill will probably get equal snaps regardless in the Trent Harris role I've mentioned before. On 3rd and 9 plus, I'd play Rousseau, Hill and Garvin together. Maybe Nesta over the center. Probably stand up 2 out of the 4 DL. Play 2 LBs and 5 DBs (striker or otherwise). Let the paramedics sort out the QBs.

Ha. Not even close to a genius or even an expert. Impossible to guess at this early stage, but I think Rousseau can become our starting SDE by midseason. Hill will probably get equal snaps regardless in the Trent Harris role I've mentioned before. On 3rd and 9 plus, I'd play Rousseau, Hill and Garvin together. Maybe Nesta over the center. Probably stand up 2 out of the 4 DL. Play 2 LBs and 5 DBs (striker or otherwise). Let the paramedics sort out the QBs.

I love moving speed inside on 3rd and long...but who goes inside? Gr or garvin? Neither are as big as JJ or chad.

You’re another one I respect, so thank you. But can hill and garvin be on the field at same time to start? Is garvin enough of an SDE?

Go back and watch some of our film...the Boy Garvin was looking better than Joe Jack alot of times this year. He's very wiry and has a good get off. Not sure where or how they will shake it out.

I just know in the summer our tackles will have their hand full in pass pro...Geesh! Kennedy has no choice but to be ready. If Hill picks up what were doing early i see him starting. Hill is a guy that will have to be on the weakside imo. He'll be below 250 pounds.

Advertisement
I love moving speed inside on 3rd and long...but who goes inside? Gr or garvin? Neither are as big as JJ or chad.
Rousseau, if he projects like I expect. It doesn't really matter because we stand guys up all over the line on 3rd and long. They wouldn't play with their hand down and it'd be a package. They've had these type of packages since Diaz got here. Actually, it's in these I think Amari Carter best helps us. He's a fantastic blitzer. Interested to see how much Zone Blitz Baker uses. Manny reduced the incessant zone blitzes on 3rd downs last year and it paid dividends in the conversion numbers.

Go back and watch some of our film...the Boy Garvin was looking better than Joe Jack alot of times this year. He's very wiry and has a good get off. Not sure where or how they will shake it out.

I just know in the summer our tackles will have their hand full in pass pro...Geesh! Kennedy has no choice but to be ready. If Hill picks up what were doing early i see him starting. Hill is a guy that will have to be on the weakside imo. He'll be below 250 pounds.

I love Garvin but I don’t know if he’s big enough. If you have trust I have trust! Is there any chance that they kick PB out to start SDE? Especially after UCLA transfer?

Rousseau, if he projects like I expect. It doesn't really matter because we stand guys up all over the line on 3rd and long. They wouldn't play with their hand down and it'd be a package. They've had these type of packages since Diaz got here. Actually, it's in these I think Amari Carter best helps us. He's a fantastic blitzer. Interested to see how much Zone Blitz Baker uses. Manny reduced the incessant zone blitzes on 3rd downs last year and it paid dividends in the conversion numbers.

You mention Baker...will manny give him full autonomy? And if so, can we expect the same defesnse scheme?

Advertisement

Eh, thought he would have been a bit better as a pass rusher last year but in his first year of starting experience he was very solid for sure

Last edited:
I love Garvin but I don’t know if he’s big enough. If you have trust I have trust! Is there any chance that they kick PB out to start SDE? Especially after UCLA transfer?

Bethel is 300 lbs now. He's a DT all the way I'd think. Not really quick enough to play on the edge either.

We're pretty good at DE with Garvin, Hill, Patchan, GR, and Harvey. Maybe Blissett also plays DE as a frosh

Advertisement
Bethel is 300 lbs now. He's a DT all the way I'd think. Not really quick enough to play on the edge either.

We're pretty good at DE with Garvin, Hill, Patchan, GR, and Harvey. Maybe Blissett also plays DE as a frosh

I’m just looking for a true SDE. I might be missing it lol. Who plays that chad, joe jack role? I see all pass rushers. I’m. It tryin to be difficult, I just wanna know. I’m a b-ball x and o guy, not football. Just wanna learn.

We'll all wait and see on that one, man. In the interview, it sounded like they haven't fully worked that out themselves. I'm glad Baker spent some time on his own, though.

You are much closer than I am...do you think manny saw that the head coach should be ceo? I mean we all saw richt fail as play caller. Terrible decision. Manny seems smarter. Do you think manny realizes that? Imo it’s huge to be able to be chief and let others run their ****.

Starting DE's for the next two years look REALLY good. Garvin/Hill in '19 then Rousseau/Philips in '20. What I'm wondering now is who is the 4th DE since Philips isn't playing?

Advertisement
Back