Hill 100% Committed!

Advertisement
Eh, thought he would have been a bit better as a pass rusher last year butin his first year of starting experience he was very solid for sure
Brock... Garvin had 60tcks 17TFL's & 5.5 sacks with 5PD's (from batted balls at LOS) he was 2nd in TFL's on the team behind Willis. He had better overall numbers than Joe Jack who had only 3.5 sacks more than Garvin.

WTF were you watching? Lol

Advertisement
Garvin, Hill, Rousseau and Patchan - with a Harvey a possibility l.

Yeah I'm really good at forgetting about Patchan. Which I think says something. But it's not like he's been bad. Just hurt and playing TE.

But I could see Harvey putting serious pressure on him. My guess is Manny will have no problem getting the young guys with potential meaningful snaps, especially in the four-man rotation. Seems like the staff is stoked about him, and Manny's D staff has done a phenomenal job at DE especially.

Garvin, Hill, Rousseau and Patchan - with a Harvey a possibility l.

Advertisement
Brock... Garvin had 60tcks 17TFL's & 5.5 sacks with 5PD's (from batted balls at LOS) he was 2nd in TFL's on the team behind Willis. He had better overall numbers than Joe Jack who had only 3.5 sacks more than Garvin.

WTF were you watching? Lol
First of all I’m talking about his pass rushing skills which yes Joe Jackson is/was a better pass rusher than garvin. Coming into the season i thought Garvin had the ability to have a 10 sack season last year. I mean He finished the season in the last 6 games with only 0.5 sacks which he generally should do better in that area given his ability. Joe Jackson had 47 tackles, 14.5 tfls, 9 sacks, 3 pds, int, td in 2018 so he was far from a slouch. And garvin only had 13 tackles and 2.5 tfls more than joe Jackson. This is not a wtf are you watching situation. Big difference huh?...

Last edited:
First of all I’m talking about his pass rushing skills which yes Joe Jackson is/was a better pass rusher than garvin. Coming into the season i thought Garvin had the ability to have a 10 sack season last year. I mean He finished the season in the last 6 games with only 0.5 sacks which he generally should do better in that area given his ability. Joe Jackson had 47 tackles, 14.5 tfls, 9 sacks, 3 pds, int, td in 2018 so he was far from a slouch. And garvin only had 13 tackles and 2.5 tfls more than joe Jackson. This is not a wtf are you watching situation. Big difference huh?...

I think the difference between JJ & Garvin is JJ is more relentless. Some of JJ’s sacks came when he was originally driven out & up the field but he fought to get around OL to get back up field for a coverage sack. When Garvin’s initial rush is stymied, he kind of looks to read and react. Garvin has all the athletic tools, just needs to be more relentless.

I think the difference between JJ & Garvin is JJ is more relentless. Some of JJ’s sacks came when he was originally driven out & up the field but he fought to get around OL to get back up field for a coverage sack. When Garvin’s initial rush is stymied, he kind of looks to read and react. Garvin has all the athletic tools, just needs to be more relentless.
He flashed his pass rush ability quite few times last year like in the FSU game, just needs to be a little more consistent in the area

Advertisement
You mad???

Advertisement
Our DEs are going to feast in 2019. But it's going to be interesting to see if teams can pound the rock against us. That's our potential weakness as we don't have a true SDE or true nose guard. We didn't really have that last year, either, though. Jacks was 250 and Willis was 300 according to hurricanesports, and I think that's being generous. I was shocked we struggled against Ga Tech, think that was more the team being undisciplined than mass and force at the line. Our senior LBs are going to be key here. McCloud is probably as solid as Garvin. Anyone know how heavy Rousseau is at this point?

Advertisement
Back