Hey Mario [kneeling is a thing]

Advertisement

Good One Lol GIF by Justin

Fumbling the ball after being down and having the officials double down on a bad call is a fluke. Blowing a coverage and biting on something short with 10 seconds on the clock is a fluke. Mario lost this game, but he wasn't alone.

BULL-----.

The game was OVER. There were wives and girlfriends and 12-year-old kids asking "Why aren't we just taking a knee"? None of the other stuff would have even happened. It was the most obvious and basic decision of the entire night.

This was a top-five coaching blunder in college football history.

Lesson? We needed a lesson on taking victory formation and taking a knee? Any freaking pop warner, buddy league, middle school, high school coach, in the country knows what call to make there. Everyone but our incompetent staph. Add in that he's made that same mistake at least once before and that should be a fireable offense. Why would any recruit come here just to play for a guy that doesn't even understand the simplest of concepts.

Advertisement
The other thing about not taking a knee is you risk injury to your offensive lineman right before what would have been a big showdown against UNC.

As bad as they played, if you have the opportunity to seal the win, just take a knee & move onto the next game. Wasn’t the time to focus on getting individuals a stat, team should come first.

Woke up this morning still in disbelief that that was real. What did Miami fans do to deserve this pain for 2 decades. Literally became the laughing stock of college football again in 1 play. And mario didn't even own it afterwards. I'd atleast respect him a tiny bit if he came out afterwards and completely owned his mistake and said holy **** I apologize to the team the fans the university for making the dumbest play call in the history of the sport. I messed up... but nope. He said they needed to take a timeout and recalibrate to figure out they should have taken a knee

Advertisement
BULL-----.

The game was OVER. There were wives and girlfriends and 12-year-old kids asking "Why aren't we just taking a knee"? None of the other stuff would have even happened. It was the most obvious and basic decision of the entire night.

This was a top-five coaching blunder in college football history.
I'm literally convinced that even Randy Shannon, Al Golden, and Manny Diaz would have knelt on this ball. I slept like 2 hrs last night trying to understand what I just witnessed. It never ends being a fan of this retarded program

Advertisement
You’re not going to hear the real reason from the coaches, but the team will tell you soon enough… it was trying to get Chaney 100 yard game (would this have been his 1st).

Trust me. People know their stats late in the games.

This won’t be said by coaches, but I’m 99.99 positive it’s why the called the run.
This can’t be right. He finished with 106. He had 100 three plays before the fumble…. Math ain’t mathing…. But I guess that’s par for the course.

IMG_2694.jpeg

IMG_2695.jpeg

Advertisement
This can’t be right. He finished with 106. He had 100 three plays before the fumble…. Math ain’t mathing…. But I guess that’s par for the course.

View attachment 260485
View attachment 260486
Sometimes the stats can be slow to be available.

But if that wasn’t the case, I almost think that’s even worse. Because it would leave no excuse for that playcall.

Something is up, because Mario did say he should have stepped into it. I’m sure he could hear the conversation going on.

Sometimes the stats can be slow to be available.

But if that wasn’t the case, I almost think that’s even worse. Because it would leave no excuse for that playcall.

Something is up, because Mario did say he should have stepped into it. I’m sure he could hear the conversation going on.

To me there was never an excuse. I’m over it, but this is one of those losses/calls that will never die. Kneeling references will plague Mario for the rest of his career.

North Carolina week. Just win

We are the top story on ESPN this morning for all the wrong reasons.
Life of a miami fan the last 2 decades. It is mind boggling the stuff that happens to this program. I think back to the blocked extra pt against FSU in 2016 ...the 4th and a mile to lose to UNC. The 4th and 14 against FSU....lil borregalles missing a chip shot to lose to a terrible Virginia team 2 years ago and now this. I mean it literally is amazing

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back