Hey Mario [kneeling is a thing]

We haven't taken a knee all season, we've kept running plays.

Mario's last 3 years coaching:
VT kneeling twice
Fresno kneeling twice
UCLA kneeling twice
Wash State Kneeled once

That would be 20 wins. BRO has been trying to pad stats for years. I get it if you are up 17 and want to let the back-ups get real PT but a number of those wins he was up 1-2 scores so giving the ball up with time left could result in a loss or a much closer game with on-side kicks...

Advertisement
Sooo basically he is a caveman? Sounds about right.. The whole reason to play is to win the game, the game was already won! Take the W and move on to next one.. Especially in a one score game where you didnt play a clean game..
200w.gif

I heard the variances in the message but didn't think it was that bad.

Just watched and TVD uses an audible call vs clap. I also spent the time to calculate how much time we didn't burn on that last drive: 54 seconds could have been burned off the clock on around 5 plays that TVD called for it with 10-20 seconds left including the 2nd down run with 16 seconds on the play clock.
The announcers even mentioned that on air. All in all a real —— show.

This is what I find so difficult to reconcile. The passing offense we faced in GT came into the game as a top 10 passing attack and before they got the ball back and went 74 yards in 3 plays, our defense had held them to 77 yards passing for the game.

I think when we look at the defense just completely collapsing at the end we have to take into consideration that our offense was getting ready to snap the ball and end the game. The defensive players were already done with the game both physically, mentally and emotionally and for them to all of a sudden get called back out onto the field having to save a win was just too much for them.

Don't misunderstand. Even with the job the secondary did for 99% of the game I can still see that the defensive backfield is still a work in progress but I think they will continue to improve throughout the season.

I think the DL is solid and in my opinion they are playing way over their collective heads and that speaks volumes about Lance Guidry and the incredible job he has done. We are #9 in total defense and #1 in rush defense. Truly remarkable and it's really sad that Mario's lack of awareness will take away the focus that should be on our defense for the excellent performance they gave last night.
You are 100% correct. The defense had already checked out because the game was over. I realized another mistake by Mario and the coaches was not recognizing the defense was not mentally ready. He should have taken a time out after the turnover to regroup the defense. If he takes a time out, I think we win the game.

On to UNC. It's a "must win" game. Not only for ACC championship contention, but for the season as a whole. I feel like the season could turn south if we lose this game. Everything is still in front of us. Plenty of ranked teams to climb back. Have to play lights out from here on in.

Advertisement
What I find comical is that anyone who watched how the game ended honestly believe anything they watched a legitimate outcome occur as if common sense would not lead you to reasonably think they threw the game intentionally there is no other legitimate explanation for what happened

Advertisement
Sooo basically he is a caveman? Sounds about right.. The whole reason to play is to win the game, the game was already won! Take the W and move on to next one.. Especially in a one score game where you didnt play a clean game..
Another thing I thought of was what if a player gets hurt during one of those BS plays.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back