Hey Guys New to InSight

Advertisement
I know I give it in cardiac arrest, and then I pat myself on the back for getting a rhythm back... for 2 minutes... then they’re dead again. Usually.

Yes. Usually right after the point after 1. I'm Clear 2. You're clear 3. We all are clear. ZAP. anddddddddd........Flat line.

U a medic?

Maybe. I mean, Adenosine is classified as an indoginous nucleoside and is used to treat SA nodal rentry SVT's. Standard initial dose is 6 mg followed by a rapid IVP. follow up with 12 mg and after that is when you typically let the sparks fly. Been doing Etomidate 6 mg these days prior electrotherapy. Works good. People have no recollection of the event. This **** ACLS thing seems to rattle in my brain for some reason. And yes I know what the acronym VEIS means too. ;) Stay safe out there my brother. (I keep that side of me quiet)

Advertisement
Maybe. I mean, Adenosine is classified as an indoginous nucleoside and is used to treat SA nodal rentry SVT's. Standard initial dose is 6 mg followed by a rapid IVP. follow up with 12 mg and after that is when you typically let the sparks fly. Been doing Etomidate 6 mg these days prior electrotherapy. Works good. People have no recollection of the event. This **** ACLS thing seems to rattle in my brain for some reason. And yes I know what the acronym VEIS means too. ;) Stay safe out there my brother. (I keep that side of me quiet)
We don’t use etomidate, just the versed. The rest of those words sound familiar, I think. lol.

Understood about DL. I don’t blame you. Stay safe.

Xoxo

Out of pure curiosity why etomidate. Great results but all it takes is one person to have pre-existing adrenal insufficency and now your gonna have a lot more trying to get a stable pressure with no adrenals

So what is your take on Richt saying:

1. The 2018 QB job is Rosier's to lose (and what does that say about Perry)?

2. It's very possible that Rosier, even at this stage of his football life, can still dazzle us with greatly improved accuracy?

So what is your take on Richt saying:

1. The 2018 QB job is Rosier's to lose (and what does that say about Perry)?

2. It's very possible that Rosier, even at this stage of his football life, can still dazzle us with greatly improved accuracy?

1. As a starter who just directed his team to a 10 win season, publicly you have to expect Richt to announce Rosier as his starter. Plus you have to incorporate the locker room dynamic. Very typical to have one side of the locker room loyal to one qb while the other champion another. I fully expected Richt to announce Rosier as the starter. (Perry really has no relevance to Richt's public outcry, but privately you still cannot escape the fact he was the #1 on Richt's board only two cycles ago. I am a big fan of Perry's ability. Watched him like a hawk at the ACC ship game and that kid easily is the best arm talent on the team)

2. This is a great question. And ultimately that is going to depend on Rosier. But one thing for sure he needs to become more consistent mechanically or his accuracy is going to continue to be an issue. I will parallel this to a recent NFL case. Blake Bortles. He is another longer rotational C guy. That is my way of saying they have a longer release. Well I feel that Blake (love him or hate him) really made a huge jump mechanically this year and really tightened up his release. He worked with Tom House (same guy that worked with Tom Brady and many other NFL qb's, and yes he is the same baseball Tom House that caught Henry Aaron's 715th home run off Al Downing in the bullpen)

So where my answer is I don't like the chances of a qb so late it the ball game to make huge dramatic jumps, (Those mechanics can become so cemented) it is possible. Blake just signed a big contract today BTW.

Advertisement
Out of pure curiosity why etomidate. Great results but all it takes is one person to have pre-existing adrenal insufficency and now your gonna have a lot more trying to get a stable pressure with no adrenals

Ultimately only used for sedation prior to all our elctrotherapy protocol at that low dose. It does not have any hemodynamic precautions in that instance that your typical benzodiazapines do (versed). So you can see the drug's versatility in the aspect. Someone who typically needs pacing or cardioversion are often times hemodynamically impaired and the standard EMS drug of choice was left stranded. So I like the ability to have it as an option. From experience I have never had anything but resounding success when used. The effects typically last around 15 minutes and the retrograde amnesic properties blunt all recollections in all my cases. To be honest I have never heard of the adrenal insufficiency contraindication till now and I am intently looking it up. It could be the case that in EMS situations when needed, the pt's critical nature supersedes the adrenal aspect.

Stick to football talk nerds, unless one of you can prescribe me a lifetime supply of Percocet. If so continue

I literally love breaking down the quarterback position and just have a passion for great play calling and overall schematic brilliancy. I like numbers. I like stats. I like to keep it simple. I like to stay level headed and I will never big league anyone. Just wasn't raised that way. Ultimately I will be trying to engage and just be a fan like the rest of you fine people. In closing, thanks for the warm welcome on Twitter today it was really appreciated.

Roman

Welcome aboard Roman! Always enjoy your twitter QB breakdowns and looking forward to the Tai breakdown and maybe some insights on the lack of an offer.

Welcome aboard Roman! Always enjoy your twitter QB breakdowns and looking forward to the Tai breakdown and maybe some insights on the lack of an offer.

Coming really soon buddy. Thanks for the welcome. Honestly though to jump the gun....if you offered mjj on the west coast....I don't see how Taisun hasn't gotten an offer on the east coast.

I thought he had flashes at paradise and walked away thinking no one was really on sure fire offer watch. Fast forward and he definitely improved his game his jr year. Really impressed at how he developed.

Advertisement
1. As a starter who just directed his team to a 10 win season, publicly you have to expect Richt to announce Rosier as his starter. Plus you have to incorporate the locker room dynamic. Very typical to have one side of the locker room loyal to one qb while the other champion another. I fully expected Richt to announce Rosier as the starter. (Perry really has no relevance to Richt's public outcry, but privately you still cannot escape the fact he was the #1 on Richt's board only two cycles ago. I am a big fan of Perry's ability. Watched him like a hawk at the ACC ship game and that kid easily is the best arm talent on the team)

2. This is a great question. And ultimately that is going to depend on Rosier. But one thing for sure he needs to become more consistent mechanically or his accuracy is going to continue to be an issue. I will parallel this to a recent NFL case. Blake Bortles. He is another longer rotational C guy. That is my way of saying they have a longer release. Well I feel that Blake (love him or hate him) really made a huge jump mechanically this year and really tightened up his release. He worked with Tom House (same guy that worked with Tom Brady and many other NFL qb's, and yes he is the same baseball Tom House that caught Henry Aaron's 715th home run off Al Downing in the bullpen)

So where my answer is I don't like the chances of a qb so late it the ball game to make huge dramatic jumps, (Those mechanics can become so cemented) it is possible. Blake just signed a big contract today BTW.
Thanks, Roman. When u say Perry has the "best arm talent," are you referring to arm strength (how far he can throw it or how much zip is on it), accuracy (touch), or both?

Everyone (me included) is frustrated by Rosier's inconsistency. He threw some beautiful balls in the ND game but then couldn't hit the side of a barn against Pitt. Even more than his missed throws, I personally hate how many balls he has deflected by the DL at or behind the LOS. He's not tall but ... too many. Gotta be partly his footwork and throwing mechanics, right? Or, do you put the blame more on our pass pro by our backs and/or our mediocre OL?

Thanks, Roman. When u say Perry has the "best arm talent," are you referring to arm strength (how far he can throw it or how much zip is on it), accuracy (touch), or both?

Everyone (me included) is frustrated by Rosier's inconsistency. He threw some beautiful balls in the ND game but then couldn't hit the side of a barn against Pitt. Even more than his missed throws, I personally hate how many balls he has deflected by the DL at or behind the LOS. He's not tall but ... too many. Gotta be partly his footwork and throwing mechanics, right? Or, do you put the blame more on our pass pro by our backs and/or our mediocre OL?

When I say better arm talent obviously the arm strength is very apparent. His trajectory on balls are on ropes. His throws aren't really tapering off at the end of his target. He throws a really rotation-ally pretty ball my dude. The accuracy and touch I will comment further once I see Perry more under live fire this spring. Ultimately though, I like what I am seeing from his base mechanically and he definitely looked the part.

Rosier inconsistency is because he isn't a repeatable mechanical entity. Too much variance from throw to throw at times. I have charted on similar throws throughout the year differences in front stride distance by almost 12 inches. I'll make it easy to track. Rosier has some really pretty throws and typically he remains tall and balanced and in line with the target after the release. On errant throws you'll see this propensity to "dip down." With variance in stride distance you will naturally have an inconsistency in delivery, timing and in arm slotting. Reign in that front foot, stay tall and balanced after the throw. That would be my focal point.

As far as batted balls are concerned, Not finding the throwing lane on certain throws can be a culprit. Taller prototypical height QB's will typically look "over lines" while smaller qb's need to be very cognitive of the throwing lanes offensive lineman create. Sometimes it has been the offensive lineman not delivering that "punch" on a defensive lineman who is in a non aggressive posture.

The other thing I noted defenses to do, and you have to give them credit here, they are looking to bat the ball down. Within Richt's system you know RPO's are often focal points. Well passing from this ideology requires a typical "quick pass" because if you don't, you run the risk of an illegal man downfield penalty. Offensive lineman are usually run blocking because they are honoring the Run portion of the play. So if the defensive lineman gets stonewalled or limited penetration early you will notice them instantly gravitating with hands up to knock the play down. They know they don't have time for the sack.

The other side of the ball earns paychecks too.

Advertisement
I think the "great debate" you reference is so multi-faceted. I don't think I am a 100% staunch "it's the play calling" guy. I definitely am not a 100% "it's the players" guy either. Sometimes they manifest and one of the entities overpowers the other sure. I have seen times when the play call was the right call and we didn't execute. I have seen times where the play call was rudimentary and wasted in a quagmire of "what the h%ll was that?"

But ultimately being 126th in the country on 3rd downs is not acceptable no matter who is calling the plays or running them. Going into spring that is the one area where this offense needs to have some better clarity.

As far as the Spring Qb battle. I know publically the team announced that it is Rosier's job to lose. But ultimately Rosier's inaccuracy and the fact he went under 50% passing in 5 games this year (3 of them losses) HAS to be corrected. Richt's offense is a very read-centric take what they give you friendly offense. Obviously RPO's play big part in this and ultimately I wouldn't classify the offense as a vertical based attack system. It is a timing based system often times centered on the lower numbers of the route tree. I would think % wise we need to get back to above a 60% guy who also does not limit you with ball placement even on his completions.

Perry has the better tools. Perry is the better arm talent. But ultimately until the bullets fly we are going to go into spring knowing whatever the hyperbole, that there in fact will be a quarterback competition. If you had to press me today, I am not going to bet against the guy who was the number one guy on Richt's board just two cycles ago. But man those bullets need to fly before I bet the farm.
Any questions i had about jarren are being addressed. I think it'll come down to him and nkosi. If nkosi keeps the off the field stuff in check its his job to lose id guess. If not i think jarren takes it. Kidis a hard worker & VERY smart. Has kept his head down & stayed in the playbook & weightroom since day 1. What's very clear to me is richt loves this kid. Keeps in his ear & loves his approach to preperation.

Welcome aboard, Roman.

We all have our smh moments, so I guess yours was the Turds.

I follow you on twitter and found you to be an excellent follow. Look forward to your breakdowns of the '19 cycle along with the Spring QB battle.

Roman Polanski?

Who’s Roman geeez

GOCANES

Advertisement
Back