Hey Guys New to InSight

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts on the spring QB battle and going against the consensus “Richt sucks at play calling”

Welcome to the board

Advertisement
Break down Taisun P. as well.

Had a Chance to watch Taisun at paradise and I walked out thinking "ok ok'" Definitely could see a rotational pop off his hand but I understood the non-offer at the time. Fast Forward and I really am intrigued and sold on Taisun after his JR year Film. 17 Td 1 Int is not a bad ratio in itself either. Absolutely have him high on the breakdown board. Easily developing into a four star prospect and he has that Jarren Williams improvement vibe going on.

And here is what I mean by that. For me no one has improved from one year to the next more than Jarren Williams did. Jarren really reigned in mechanically and his ability to really control his front stride distance to an ultimate consistent entity seemed to solidify and elevate his game. In the case of Taisun his improvement is also noted. I know the staff and Richt Jr were hot on the trail of MJJ out on the west coast. But ultimately Connecticut based Taisun Phommachanh is a formidable east coast Dual threat option.

Advertisement
Big fan of the Recent offer to Graham Mertz BTW. So far the cycle's pure brilliant mechanical passer award. I understand the Midwest roots and current commitment to Wisconsin put Miami at the disadvantage but I really enjoy his film. You obviously can tell he is such a coached up kid and has firm understanding of the position. Plus it isn't even close how much more diverse his offense's passing concepts are in comparison to some of the other high school offenses around the country. He handles them well and hits the right read consistently.

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts on the spring QB battle and going against the consensus “Richt sucks at play calling”

Welcome to the board

I think the "great debate" you reference is so multi-faceted. I don't think I am a 100% staunch "it's the play calling" guy. I definitely am not a 100% "it's the players" guy either. Sometimes they manifest and one of the entities overpowers the other sure. I have seen times when the play call was the right call and we didn't execute. I have seen times where the play call was rudimentary and wasted in a quagmire of "what the h%ll was that?"

But ultimately being 126th in the country on 3rd downs is not acceptable no matter who is calling the plays or running them. Going into spring that is the one area where this offense needs to have some better clarity.

As far as the Spring Qb battle. I know publically the team announced that it is Rosier's job to lose. But ultimately Rosier's inaccuracy and the fact he went under 50% passing in 5 games this year (3 of them losses) HAS to be corrected. Richt's offense is a very read-centric take what they give you friendly offense. Obviously RPO's play big part in this and ultimately I wouldn't classify the offense as a vertical based attack system. It is a timing based system often times centered on the lower numbers of the route tree. I would think % wise we need to get back to above a 60% guy who also does not limit you with ball placement even on his completions.

Perry has the better tools. Perry is the better arm talent. But ultimately until the bullets fly we are going to go into spring knowing whatever the hyperbole, that there in fact will be a quarterback competition. If you had to press me today, I am not going to bet against the guy who was the number one guy on Richt's board just two cycles ago. But man those bullets need to fly before I bet the farm.

Advertisement
Initially these guys will make you feel about as welcome as dose of the clap - but after a week or so, it'll get better.

Anyone that gives good info - we really take to them fast.

Initially these guys will make you feel about as welcome as dose of the clap - but after a week or so, it'll get better.

Anyone that gives good info - we really take to them fast.

hahaha. It's all good. I welcome it. I have had times in my life where I have been the rookie. This is one of those times. I'll just buckle my chin strap and duck in the mean time.

Advertisement
Every time somebody does one of these "I'm new" threads I think "I can't believe anyone's stupid enough to willingly subject themselves to the abusive ingrates that populate this place." Then I remember that the world is full of morons.

Good luck.

Advertisement
Had a Chance to watch Taisun at paradise and I walked out thinking "ok ok'" Definitely could see a rotational pop off his hand but I understood the non-offer at the time. Fast Forward and I really am intrigued and sold on Taisun after his JR year Film. 17 Td 1 Int is not a bad ratio in itself either. Absolutely have him high on the breakdown board. Easily developing into a four star prospect and he has that Jarren Williams improvement vibe going on.

And here is what I mean by that. For me no one has improved from one year to the next more than Jarren Williams did. Jarren really reigned in mechanically and his ability to really control his front stride distance to an ultimate consistent entity seemed to solidify and elevate his game. In the case of Taisun his improvement is also noted. I know the staff and Richt Jr were hot on the trail of MJJ out on the west coast. But ultimately Connecticut based Taisun Phommachanh is a formidable east coast Dual threat option.
actually its 25 passing TDs and 1 INT.
17 is his rushing TDs.

so much better than you even though lol

Last edited:
Welcome,

Break down Malik Rosey AND why he will not be QB1 going forward...also any inSight into what the **** CMR is calling on offense would be appreciated...basically, is he still a dinosaur as a play caller, or can we expect some fireworks next season.

Advertisement
Back