Heupel to Tennessee

dillon Gabriel, who he had for two of those years, is one of the more talented QBs in the country and was the starter for that team. it has nothing to do with the now FSU QB esp when the guy who took over was playing at a pretty **** good to near elite level
So basically ucf was good enough to play and beat 90% of cfb

Advertisement
If Steele isn't going to stick around...I mean, maybe they can hire Randy Shannon as their DC.

But I think I know someone even better.

/token Blake Baker joke hyuck hyuck.
//or Mark D'onofrio if you want a nice 2014 reference derp derp

No wonder UCF is on the decline. Josh is eating all the food at the players cafeteria.
Lmao Lol GIF by reactionseditor

Doubtful that Steele wants to stay and also doubtful Heupel wants to keep the guy who came to Tennessee to position himself to get the HC job.
Yeah, I was more interested in the part where UT fans want nothing to do with Randy Shannon.

Advertisement
This. UCF has slowly gotten worse record wise every year under Heupel. They haven’t exactly been killing it in recruiting either.

Last I checked, they're also still UCF.

Giving yourself a trophy you didn't earn is about as corny as a turnover backpack.

The problem with Tennessee is expectations, we (Miami) get caught on that sometimes too.

1. They literally searched for dirt in order to fire Pruitt without paying him the buy out;
2. The investigation blew in their face and the most talented players were out of there in 10 seconds;
3. The sanctions will be BAD;
4. They had 6 coaches from 2008 to 2021. Now going for 7;

Then, they hire Danny White (good AD btw) and all of the sudden a dumpster fire become a desirable place? James Franklin? C'mon. No established head coach was going to touch that mess. Not one.

They have the right to be disappointed because I think that there were coaches, that could actually take the job, better than Heupel but their reaction is laughable.

It seems like the UCF-UT saga has been going on far longer than anyone knew. I saw a thread last night on the UGA board that referred to a UCF poster who had called the DW & JH to Tennessee move two weeks ago. Before there was any smoke that Fulmer and Pruitt were both going to be out at Tennessee. I went onto the UCF board and read a few threads and I must say, the guy is good.... He posted how he figured it out yesterday and it all started with a podcast he listens to that talks alot about UT football. Based on what he said, seems like Steele maybe staying around.

In his own words:

So everyone has been asking me how I knew that Heupel and White were going to Tennessee. Well I do have 2 sources: one in Knoxville and one in Orlando. Theres a podcast I like about Tennessee football because they’re absolutely crazy. I have emailed ome of the people on the show and we have a correspondence. About two weeks ago, one of the hosts said that Tee Martin was having a “flirtation” with UCF. This came as a shock given that Wyatt hadn’t left yet. But I thought nothing about it at the time.

Then came the Wyatt news. I was fine with Wyatt leaving given that he sucked and he was no big loss. But then it came out that Kodi Burns was the front runner to replace him. That didn’t add up to what the guy said about Tee Martin talking to Heupel. So I emailed the host in Tennessee and he confirmed that Tee Martin and another “staffer” were talking to Heupel presumably about getting a life raft out of Knoxville. So when it came out that Heupel was interviewing Osovet I knew that something was up. Then I contacted my UCF source.

My source, who shall remain nameless, does not hold an “important” role at UCF, but this person hears a lot of gossip. So I trust this person implicitly. this person flat out told me that Danny White had been contacted 2 weeks ago by Tennessee. That they knew Fulmer was gone and they wanted White. Danny interviewed then and not last week as was stated in his press conferenc. That was a lie for him to save face. My source then said that White and Heupel met privatel. That Heupel had already been putting together a staff. That Tee Martin and Osovet were being interviewed not for UCF, but to see if they would be on Heupel’s staff. That Heupel had been talking to Kevin Steele with the understanding that Steele would be his DC. So with that information I posted the topic.

Luckily I have heard that UCF has gotten wind of Heupel’s and White’s plans and have a contingency plan in place. I know if Scott Carr is promoted he will go after Gus first with the understanding that Carr and Malzahn have a relationship. Option 2 is Brian Johnson.

Brian Johnson is out of the equation as of yesterday - he is moving on the Phil. Eagles.

Pretty crazy..... Sounds like UT Chancellor and admin had a plan all along. Also sounds like Danny White is a pretty shrewd guy..

Advertisement
It seems like the UCF-UT saga has been going on far longer than anyone knew. I saw a thread last night on the UGA board that referred to a UCF poster who had called the DW & JH to Tennessee move two weeks ago. Before there was any smoke that Fulmer and Pruitt were both going to be out at Tennessee. I went onto the UCF board and read a few threads and I must say, the guy is good.... He posted how he figured it out yesterday and it all started with a podcast he listens to that talks alot about UT football. Based on what he said, seems like Steele maybe staying around.

In his own words:

So everyone has been asking me how I knew that Heupel and White were going to Tennessee. Well I do have 2 sources: one in Knoxville and one in Orlando. Theres a podcast I like about Tennessee football because they’re absolutely crazy. I have emailed ome of the people on the show and we have a correspondence. About two weeks ago, one of the hosts said that Tee Martin was having a “flirtation” with UCF. This came as a shock given that Wyatt hadn’t left yet. But I thought nothing about it at the time.

Then came the Wyatt news. I was fine with Wyatt leaving given that he sucked and he was no big loss. But then it came out that Kodi Burns was the front runner to replace him. That didn’t add up to what the guy said about Tee Martin talking to Heupel. So I emailed the host in Tennessee and he confirmed that Tee Martin and another “staffer” were talking to Heupel presumably about getting a life raft out of Knoxville. So when it came out that Heupel was interviewing Osovet I knew that something was up. Then I contacted my UCF source.

My source, who shall remain nameless, does not hold an “important” role at UCF, but this person hears a lot of gossip. So I trust this person implicitly. this person flat out told me that Danny White had been contacted 2 weeks ago by Tennessee. That they knew Fulmer was gone and they wanted White. Danny interviewed then and not last week as was stated in his press conferenc. That was a lie for him to save face. My source then said that White and Heupel met privatel. That Heupel had already been putting together a staff. That Tee Martin and Osovet were being interviewed not for UCF, but to see if they would be on Heupel’s staff. That Heupel had been talking to Kevin Steele with the understanding that Steele would be his DC. So with that information I posted the topic.

Luckily I have heard that UCF has gotten wind of Heupel’s and White’s plans and have a contingency plan in place. I know if Scott Carr is promoted he will go after Gus first with the understanding that Carr and Malzahn have a relationship. Option 2 is Brian Johnson.

Brian Johnson is out of the equation as of yesterday - he is moving on the Phil. Eagles.

Pretty crazy..... Sounds like UT Chancellor and admin had a plan all along. Also sounds like Danny White is a pretty shrewd guy..
I saw that too, pretty good stuff.

The same guy said that Lebby is now their n.1 target, he has a lot of people pushing for him to take the job. Graham Harrell (USC-OC) is also on the list of candidates.

In his own words:

And that's the rest of the story. There's always lots of wheelings and dealings going on behind the scenes that only a select few are privy to.

In his own words:

Danny White was a decent hire, but Heupel was a lazy one although I get why they did it and why Heupel is moving on.

Theyre both gonna find out what its like to have big time boosters breathing down your neck when things arent going right.

Advertisement
Danny White was a decent hire, but Heupel was a lazy one although I get why they did it and why Heupel is moving on.

Theyre both gonna find out what its like to have big time boosters breathing down your neck when things arent going right.
Fans are underwhelmed by both. At the first sign of failure, they’ll be calling for both heads.

Ill tell you this if UCF nabs Malzahn he will do real well there. Less pressure, favorable schedule and his scheme would do well there
Going to a G5 like UCF might not seem as big a step down and if he’s successful, could lead to another P5 gig.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back