Heupel to Tennessee

Advertisement
Advertisement
Good move for Heupel. He wouldn't get a job like this after another year at UCF.

Questionable move for Tennessee. I'm not sure they had much better waiting for them to offer the job, but...I don't know how much he's going to win there. They averaged 5 wins a year under Proot. They averaged like 7 wins a year under Butch Jones. 5 win team under Derek Dooley. They had 7 wins under the Lane Train. The floor is pretty low for success at UT at this point.

UT was being touted as an emerging team with just one 8-win season under Proot before crashing into a wall this past season.

Are they also making a move for Jeff Lebby to rejoin him?
We have to be honest. He got the job because of his previous "relationship" with Danny White. Not because he excelled at UCF.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Definitely my thought too. Hoping I'm wrong though.
Me too, also because at this point UM will promote Likens or Justice and this would be a pretty big downgrade.

If we are really cheap: Likens to OC/QB and Cooney promoted to WR. I don't wanna think about it.

There are plenty of good OC though, I hope Manny finds a new one if Lashlee goes to UCF.

Advertisement
We have to be honest. He got the job because of his previous "relationship" with Danny White. Not because he excelled at UCF.

I don't disagree. Its a good move for him. Got a bump in pay and left just as he was likely to get exposed as a Coker type.

With that said, idk if anyone was beating down the door to go coach UT either. That place stinks and is incredibly hard to win at. They've been a 6-win team for like 20 years at this point. LIke...Miami has been more of an 8-win type of team over the same period and we've not been good...so just imagine regularly being two more losses in the hole. Yikes.

Steele wanted the job, no?
I read they brought him in to try and stem the tide of transfers etc. He was basically a guy to keep the peace until they got a permanent head coach. Maybe Pruitt and some of the boosters had other ideas when they brought him in but I don't think the UT administration ever intended for him to the the HC. and when White was hired, the handwriting was on the wall.

Will be interesting to see if White and Heupel keep him around...

Advertisement
Back