Here is a stat that will surprise some people

Advertisement
I didn’t see that suggestion in the OP. All I saw was a factual list. Then, I saw his explanation that UM fans mistakenly blame the OL talent too much for our offensive woes. He’s right.

You then read too much into his point in order to create something to argue with him about. You made some good points in your dissertations, but everyone pretty much agrees that we don’t have “elite” talent on the level of Alabaga across the board. No one is saying we do.
Maybe I read in too much, but he intentionally made an unqualified and potentially misleading comparison with Alabama for the purpose of starting a discussion. I bit on the discussion. Maybe I’m projecting also because I have been having a form of this discussion on these boards since the Coker era, with D$ himself from time to time.

My point since we took Dave Howell’s commitment a year before NSD was that our recruiting was a mess, and it has been a form of that ever since. Different flaws for different coaches, but none have done it particularly well. Those who contend our talent is just fine, it’s all coaching are just wrong on our talent. We can and should play better than we have with what we’ve had, because we all know or should know that we have been coached by stubborn dolts. I have never once contended that our talent is an excuse for our on field play. It’s not. (To the contrary, I have consistently said, in this thread and elsewhere, that our issues were both talent and coaching snd they went together.) But it does need to be upgraded if we aspire to being nationally relevant. Recruiting has been my mantra since our **** show started. Not because coaching was otherwise okay — it clearly wasn’t — but because we were so obviously doing it wrong, and declining talent ensures we won’t be what we all want to be.

Kehoe was part of the problem since Coker. Let him and Swasey be memories. Do not try to resurrect a myth here.

No they weren’t...you’re just running your mouth bc that’s the GROUP THINK conclusion for this board & this board alone...when you get your own mind & formulate something that isn’t group think..I’ll take your posts more serious.

real talk @Ethnicsands u been probably one of the best posters here recently always coming with truth man, sometimes I think I fall into slurping and yo *** brings me right back because what u say is true and the truth will shut my *** up 9 out of 10 times.

No he’s not..y’all just happen to agree so you get a hard on for what he says.

He’s clueless

I didn’t see that suggestion in the OP. All I saw was a factual list. Then, I saw his explanation that UM fans mistakenly blame the OL talent too much for our offensive woes. He’s right.

You then read too much into his point in order to create something to argue with him about. You made some good points in your dissertations, but everyone pretty much agrees that we don’t have “elite” talent on the level of Alabaga across the board. No one is saying we do.

Exactly...dude can’t see the forest from the trees bc he’s so stuck on proven Kehoe sucked.

Advertisement
No he wasn’t...you’re just running your mouth bc that’s GROUP THINK conclusion for this board & this board alone...when you get your own mind & formulate something that isn’t group think..I’ll take your posts more serious.
You sound emotional and triggered. You don’t know why I think what I think, so all you’re doing is telling us what you feel, which is an illogical attachment to Kehoe. You guys can make each other breakfast for all I care. But we are not going to agree on his performance as OL corch. And I could not care less whether you tale my posts seriously. It’s pribably better that you don’t, because you sound like someone who struggles to discuss other people’s views.

You sound emotional and triggered. You don’t know why I think what I think, so all you’re doing is telling us what you feel, which is an illogical attachment to Kehoe. You guys can make each other breakfast for all I care. But we are not going to agree on his performance as OL corch. And I could not care less whether you tale my posts seriously. It’s pribably better that you don’t, because you sound like someone who struggles to discuss other people’s views.

You’re writing bible passages but now I’m emotionally triggered? 🤣🤣🤣🤣 don’t use the company line people give you on me dude. That doesn’t work.

You’re clueless. There’s no need for me to expound on anything to someone like you. I could easily pull up players both guys had drafted/excelled under their watch but what would be the use? You’ll just spin that **** elsewhere...this is a free board where the biggest collection of UM idiots congregate. You fit the bill & I have no time for it Mr. dissertation man.

Does the ignore button still work on this board...hold on

Advertisement
Advertisement
I disagree. He suggested just that in the OP.

Let’s not kid each other. This debate has been going on since ‘03. There is a contingent of fan who thinks any criticism of talent diminishes criticism of coaching, and hence try to attack those who point out talent issues for apostasy to the church of coaching failure.

It’s insane and always has been. Low blood pressure and cardiac arrest go together the way ** coaches go with ** talent evals and acquisitions.

But you can’t blame others for the thread. The OP plainly suggested UM is on a par with Alabama on OL talent the past two decades. When someone defends the truth of that suggestion, it’ll be interesting. Until then, all I see is spin and retreat by folks who realize they overplayed their hand.

For the 100000th time, bad coaches tend to suck at many aspects of coaching, and ours surely did. None of Clappy, Radio, Gluten nor Pricht was good at roster management or recruiting process, planning, evals, recruiting or closing. They also sucked at bringing in talented staff. And scheme, game plan and play calling. S&C sucked. It sll sucked.

Nobody said we had Bama talent. That’s a straw man.

I’m just posting facts. To the extent I’m “suggesting” anything, it’s what the numbers make plain: we are wasting colossal amounts of talent. Including on the OL.

Advertisement
Nobody said we had Bama talent. That’s a straw man.

I’m just posting facts. To the extent I’m “suggesting” anything, it’s what the numbers make plain: we are wasting colossal amounts of talent. Including on the OL.
You posted a ‘fact’ without comment, that suggested equivalence with Alabama on OL talent. There was no other logical interpretation of that ‘fact.’ It’s cool, i think it’s funny, that’s what these sites are for. But let’s not pretend you didnt troll that out there.

Secondly, there are no intelligent UM fans who think we have been doing anything ther than wasting talent, so I am not sure who you are addressing here. The very definition of bad coaching is outcomes lag talent. All sentient UM fans know we have had bad coaching. Did you really start this thread to address the misconceptions of idiots? Anyone who doesn’t think our staff has underdelivered relative to talent for ages is hardly worth actually discussing things with.

But you also know, because you and I have been on these boards forever, that this discussion doesn’t come in a vacuum. This has been a running debate on the recruiting boards since Coker. Some fans think criticizing recruiting is a defense of coaching and thus defend bad recruiting, which sucks. I also note that I responded to your ‘facts’ with additional facts, probably painting a more accurate picture of the context, and you didn’t seem to find the more accurate factual picture worth addressing. Not that you need to, but it is notable in the context of the thread premise being ‘facts.’

Interesting

How many NFLers do we have right now? I’m not hating, I think there’s some interesting cases.

Hope we learn a lot. Donaldson only gets hype and excuses because of his star ranking so hopefully this year we see him make a big jump.

We definitely have some talent but we just haven’t seen enough from the yet. Scaife looks like he could be really really good despite some (expected) struggles last year

He, like any high school kid needs coaching. Searles sucked. Manny hiring an NFL guy was genius. Not only does it sell, but the guy knows technique. OL and DL are the 2 spots where teaching technique is huge. Jess Simpson proved it last year and the new OL coach will do the same. You can scream punch all day long, but there are nuances(I hate that word) that need to be taught. I think or OL sees s big jump this year and even bigger going forward.

Go Canes!

Advertisement
Back