Here is a stat that will surprise some people

Advertisement
Stats are generally BS and very easily manipulated to fit a desired outcome. Need to dig into stats. For instance, how many were first rounders, first three rounds, etc? How many moved into starting roles? Made a Pro Bowl? How long did they last in the league?
So, this stat goes back to 2000 or I guess 18 drafts. Let's be more current and look at the numbers since 2010. Suspect they're a bit different and perhaps telling.

Stats are generally BS and very easily manipulated to fit a desired outcome. Need to dig into stats. For instance, how many were first rounders, first three rounds, etc? How many moved into starting roles? Made a Pro Bowl? How long did they last in the league?
So, this stat goes back to 2000 or I guess 18 drafts. Let's be more current and look at the numbers since 2010. Suspect they're a bit different and perhaps telling.

I agree there's a quality vs. quantity factor that needs to be looked at

For instance:
2010-2018 - Miami has had 3 OL taken in the first 3 rounds. Only 21 teams have had 3 or more in that time.
2000-2009 - Miami only had 4 OL taken in the first 3 rounds. But no question the quality was better, even though the numbers are similar.

To me, the takeaway is the NFL is identifying Miami as having NFL caliber OL players at a rate MUCH higher rate than 99% of Miami fans would think

Last edited:
Fascinating considering our QBs were second only to crash test dummies isn work site accidents, though runners were successful. Need a tactician to explain that difference.

****, with great OL coaching, we could redefine runners being successful like back in '99-'02.

****, there is NO WAY this U should ever have the off games where the number of no gains or losses behind a blown up OL outnumber 5+ yard rushing gains.

Granted, I was one of, if not the, loudest ******* when it came to the painful predictability of Richt's play calling....but the OL should never be like that at UM. It is the engine of the offense and too many great players get wasted when it isn't running worth a ****.

Advertisement
Already posted in this thread. Alabama’s draft results since 2010 dominate UM’s.

We go from tied for 1st to tied for 3rd. Still in the top group.

I just wanna know..what the talent deniers are going to say this upcoming yr when the o-line suddenly improves, and begins to assert itself from a physicality standpoint? Being familiar with their limited thought process, i'm sure they'll try to endlessly spin the narrative, in order to suit their misguided beliefs. I just hope they realize that for every offensive play the o-line helps to execute at a high level, collectively they will also be shooting off their loads in the eyes of all of the fake/fair-weather fans in the process. A MIA o-line bukkake special..

Last edited:
Advertisement
You think this is a positive?
How is it a negative? The fact that we still are putting in nfl lineman in down years. What would they have been like with legit offensive schemes? It’s not as simple as just the talent dipped. The coaching also did as well and the offensive schemes were horrible and did nothing to help the oline

I just wanna know..what these talent deniers are going to say this upcoming yr when the O-Line suddenly improves, and begins to assert itself from a physicality standpoint? Being familiar with their limited thought process, I'm sure they'll try to endlessly spin the narrative, in order to suit their misguided beliefs. I just hope they realize that for every offensive play the O-Line helps to execute at a high level, they will also be collectively shooting their loads off in the eyes of all of the fake/fair-weather fans in the process. A MIA O-Line Bukkake special..

What is a talent denier? Do you think we have had the talent to compete with Alabama? The same conversations have been had for 16 years.

• Of course our coaching has sucked. That’s obvious.
  • Of course bad coaching means underutilization of talent. That’s obvious.
  • Of course underutilization of talent means our talent has been better than our results. That’s obvious.
You know what else is obvious?

• Our ****** coaches have been mediocre at best recruiters as well.
  • Our talent hasn’t been good enough across the roster to compete with the top of cfb.
  • A roster is a lot more than a few kids who go to the nfl. On OL and across the board.
So what is the point of these OL NFL lists? Are the people hyping this also interested in explaining why Jahair Jones, Mahoney and Gauthier were key players for our OL last year? Isn’t that more relevant at this point than Brandon Linder being an NFL center?

Anyone who thinks we don’t need to evaluate better and recruit better and fill our roster better, raise your hand. Anyone who doesn’t think that, tell me why we’re talking about OL lists here.

Good running backs make offensive lines look real good. When we had Lamar Miller and Duke Johnson, we looked great running the ball.

Had we picked up Dalvin Cook our offensive line and running game would not have been an issue.

Yearby looked good behind our offensive line because he had great vision but was to slow.

Cam last year made our running game look better because he had great vision and when presented with any sort of crease he was able to House it

Now we are back to having backs that can House it and with a better scheme we should see better results in the run game

Last edited:
Advertisement
Stacey Searels and Art Kehoe (in his later years) were bad coaches. Early Kehoe and Stoutland carried these numbers.

Our current coach is TBD.

Not sure about talent deniers. It's great to see Miami having OLs drafted. That's something all Canes fans can celebrate. Yeah, it is surprising. And you can play with stats a lot of ways. Just believe most folks would agree that Miami offensive lines have been less than dominating for a number of years. Also don't recall seeing a lot of dominant or perennial All-Pros in the NFL.

The OL has always gotten way too much blame for our problems IMO

You can always blame the OL here and everyone just agrees. It's always felt like a lazy argument to me.
They should get a lot of blame. They have been our worst unit over the last 5-10 yrs. You are right, people say that's the problem and run with it. We have multiple issues, play calling, coaching, depth, but OL is up there. Especially when you see how they played here and now they are starting in the NFL...

Advertisement
LoL, riight, you want us to believe a ringless stoutland is better than 1 ringless hand kehoe, head to the nearest rehab quick!
Just ask the people that know what there talking about on here im sure if u made a poll stoutland would win

Advertisement
Back