Here is a stat that will surprise some people

I'm not ignoring your points. I'm just searching, in vain, for anything that is not mere opinion.

I posted hard stats on NFL talent. You dismissed that as a "slogan to provide a narrative." Then I gave you recruiting rankings. You dismissed that as "random data points."

So what objective measure do you provide to show our lack of talent? Let's see:

Sorry if I don't find that compelling.

You were posting about our OL "getting its isht pushed in" when Linder, Felicano, Flowers, Seantrel and McDermott were here. Four of those guys have started games in the NFL, and McDermott was first-team All ACC. I don't think talent was their problem.

Can we improve our OL talent? Everyone can. But we have more OL talent than 90% of the teams we play, and it's been that way for years. Talent is the least of our issues.
In fact, I liked that OL talent. You are now making things up. I was a huge Flowers fan since he was in HS, and liked Linder and McDermott at UM a lot. But we both know that group did not perform up to its talent level here, either.

I guess we’ll see whether our OL is as good as the rest of our team or not. Maybe it will be. You might be right. If you are, we should contend for the playoffs. Hope you’re right.

Personally, I think you’re ignoring plenty of obvious data in order to pretend you’re just talking about ‘facts.’ You’re also trying to pretend a ‘factual’ discussion is somehow free from your opinion, which it clearly isn’t. It’s a fact that jahair jones and hayden mahoney were in our top 6 last year, and gauthier was also. Do you believe that they’re as talented as most OL for top 10 teams? LSU sure didn’t seem impressed. It’s a fact that our OL has underperformed for years

You drone on about nfl kids without observing whether they were true frosh or not when we were depending on them, or why we’re playing true frosh. You drone on about nfl kids without pausing to consider either unit integrity and depth, particularly considering the nfl kid argument at best is a kid a year, and the guys you are talking about have been mostly gone for a while. You also drone on about nfl kids as if athletic potential is enough. You can blame UM coaches for Flowers not being well trained at UM, but do you blame his nfl coaches also? How about Seantrel? At some point, you should quit talking about stars, nfl and Linder’s contract and let your own observations count for something.

For the record, not that it should need to be said, I have never once said it’s all talent. To the contrary, I was negative before you were on pretty much ever staff we have had since coker. But bad staffs tend to evaluate poorly also. And our OL have underperformed not just because they were badly coached. But also because they were in many cases poor evals. You keep noting the T. Johnson class mistake by Richt as if it’s the only OL recruiting mistake we’ve made. I criticized that issue back then in real time, when plenty of folks here, maybe you included, said OL wasn’t a priority need that cycle. In any case, T. Johnson sure ain’t our only OL mistake of the past 5 years. Dykstra, Hillery, Loftus, Milo, Mahoney, Jones, T. Johnson, G. Brown ... we have had a lot of mistakes over not that long a period of time. I won’t toss Herbert in there because of injury, but I am not optimistic that he’s a big part of our future, injuries or not.

Advertisement
In fact, I liked that OL talent. You are now making things up. I was a huge Flowers fan since he was in HS, and liked Linder and McDermott at UM a lot. But we both know that group did not perform up to its talent level here, either.

I guess we’ll see whether our OL is as good as the rest of our team or not. Maybe it will be. You might be right. If you are, we should contend for the playoffs. Hope you’re right.

Personally, I think you’re ignoring plenty of obvious data in order to pretend you’re just talking about ‘facts.’ You’re also trying to pretend a ‘factual’ discussion is somehow free from your opinion, which it clearly isn’t. It’s a fact that jahair jones and hayden mahoney were in our top 6 last year, and gauthier was also. Do you believe that they’re as talented as most OL for top 10 teams? LSU sure didn’t seem impressed. It’s a fact that our OL has underperformed for years

You drone on about nfl kids without observing whether they were true frosh or not when we were depending on them, or why we’re playing true frosh. You drone on about nfl kids without pausing to consider either unit integrity and depth, particularly considering the nfl kid argument at best is a kid a year, and the guys you are talking about have been mostly gone for a while. You also drone on about nfl kids as if athletic potential is enough. You can blame UM coaches for Flowers not being well trained at UM, but do you blame his nfl coaches also? How about Seantrel? At some point, you should quit talking about stars, nfl and Linder’s contract and let your own observations count for something.

For the record, not that it should need to be said, I have never once said it’s all talent. To the contrary, I was negative before you were on pretty much ever staff we have had since coker. But bad staffs tend to evaluate poorly also. And our OL have underperformed not just because they were badly coached. But also because they were in many cases poor evals. You keep noting the T. Johnson class mistake by Richt as if it’s the only OL recruiting mistake we’ve made. I criticized that issue back then in real time, when plenty of folks here, maybe you included, said OL wasn’t a priority need that cycle. In any case, T. Johnson sure ain’t our only OL mistake of the past 5 years. Dykstra, Hillery, Loftus, Milo, Mahoney, Jones, T. Johnson, G. Brown ... we have had a lot of mistakes over not that long a period of time. I won’t toss Herbert in there because of injury, but I am not optimistic that he’s a big part of our future, injuries or not.
I'm happy you guys are going back and forth about football. Its refreshing

Advertisement
@DMoney and @Ethnicsands taking shots while remaining dignified.

feb-26-1844-pistol-duel.jpg

Please, tell me your kidding.
MR picked the plays lol thats the only reason I question anything MR picks, nah but MD has done a good job on saturdays there is no denying we are improved beyond what AG did for the D which was nothing

Advertisement
Advertisement
8 since 2010. Clemson has 8 offensive lineman drafted since... 1994. Any more questions?
One possibility is we are focusing on the wrong traits, since having a kid here or there get drafted has obviously not meant our OLs were better than Clemsons.

Advertisement
You are not a matador and I am not a bull, so quit with the irrelevant responses.

You dont think our defensive line improvement by changing their playstyle is relevant to our offensive line playing to their weakness despite having the talent to play another way?

Where wouid we be ranked if we counted the last 10 years instead of the last 18?
Exactly.
Just like setting time frames that either support or disprove global warming

Who has gone to the NFL since Richt( not actually blaming him)came here?

Going back to a time when we had more #1 picks each year than we have drafted in all rounds now just shows how our talent level has plummeted.

Advertisement
Back