Herbert Update

252cane

All-ACC
Offensive tackle Kai-Leon Herbert (Plantation, Fla./American Heritage) said Miami has a 'good chance' of signing him following his weekend official visit.

Herbert, a former Michigan verbal commit, said he's still considering Miami, Florida and Auburn and plans to make his college choice 'before signing day.'

The Crystal Ball reads 57-percent for Florida, 32-percent for Miami and 11-percent for Michigan.

Herbert said Florida coaches Jim McElwain and Doug Nussmeier will do an in-home visit with him Tuesday.

"I just want to know who the (Gators) offensive line coach will be," Herbert said. "That's the big thing in my recruitment."

He said Miami will send Mark Richt and multiple assistants in for an in-home visit Wednesday.

He said Auburn 'is trying' to do an in-home visit for this week but he hasn't set one up with them at this point.

The past weekend in Coral Gables, Florida proved to an eye-opener, per Herbert.

"It was definitely different from the last time I visited there," Herbert said. "The entire staff changed. I had all the coaches - (Hurricanes wide receivers coach Ron Dugans), my old high school coach (Hurricanes cornerbacks coach Mike Rumph), coach Richt, (Hurricanes offensive coordinator) coach Thomas Brown and (offensive line coach Stacy Searels.) And most importantly the strength and conditioning coach (Gus Felder). All the coaches were all there always with me. It was an all-star team."

Herbert met with Richt in his office for an exit interview before departing.

"They are going to be great," Herbert said of Miami. "Something is going on there and everyone wants to be part of it. I like the spiritual side of coach Richt. He told me about the types of players he's trying to bring in. He sees me as a freshman All-American as long as I do what it takes in the weight room and on the field. They have a big need on the offensive line."

Herbert is excited about his upcoming weekend at Florida, one of his longtime favorites.

"Florida is a special place," Herbert said. "They've got (some of my teammates like) Marco Wilson and James Houston, who is already there. There's a couple more south Florida guys going there, too. The entire campus is good to me."

He officially visited Auburn January 13.

"That went pretty good," Herbert said. "Their facilities are real nice and it's a family environment."u

Advertisement
Solid work, Richt!

"He sees me as a freshman All-American as long as I do what it takes in the weight room and on the field."

Advertisement
"They are going to be great," Herbert said of Miami. "Something is going on there and everyone wants to be part of it. I like the spiritual side of coach Richt. He told me about the types of players he's trying to bring in. He sees me as a freshman All-American as long as I do what it takes in the weight room and on the field. They have a big need on the offensive line."
Regardless of his decision, bolded is a critical portion of the piece and I hope it's repeated between friends and players 1000x. Get what's left of the stink out of this program's brand.

Advertisement
McHorseTeef gonna lie and tell him the OL coach is a stud that's just about signed but he can't reveal yet to buy the gators more time.

He doesn't even know his position coach at UFag. Cane Lock.

I think this is correct. WE about to close strong . You can tell Richt is pulling a bobby bowden and going to have an epic close and get people to flip .

Advertisement
If we land Kailon hereby I am adding one full letter grade to Rumps coach grade for this year.

Advertisement
He has friends on that UF roster. He called it a special place. I'd be shocked if this kid wasn't at UF next fall.

Advertisement
Back