Herbert Update

Advertisement
"He said Miami will send Mark Richt and multiple assistants in for an in-home visit Wednesday."

yeaaa Richt! gone ahead and send that blitz to this dude's house.. put some pressure on this guy. We need em..

finally, adding quality depth that maybe not help this year but will contribute in the future.. no more having to flip FIU commits just to fill hole from a load of recruit misses.. best part is Swasey is gone.. I'm not a Swasey hater but u can't deny our teams have been physically weak over the last 10 years not just schematically.

I'm glad McElwain's having such a hard time finding an o-line coach. The more this drags out the more likely it seems that it won't be a quality hire. You can't just put some shmuck as an o-line coach and plug him in as a recruiter. The line positions actually require someone who knows what they're doing. I'm starting to believe this kid will actually sign with Miami.

Advertisement
"He said Miami will send Mark Richt and multiple assistants in for an in-home visit Wednesday."

yeaaa Richt! gone ahead and send that blitz to this dude's house.. put some pressure on this guy. We need em..

finally, adding quality depth that maybe not help this year but will contribute in the future.. no more having to flip FIU commits just to fill hole from a load of recruit misses.. best part is Swasey is gone.. I'm not a Swasey hater but u can't deny our teams have been physically weak over the last 10 years not just schematically.

They bringing the bangbus like they did after Donaldson's official.

I'll bet you my next pathetic public schools paycheck that if the UF bagman visits the hotel it won't matter if Kehoe is coaching those guys next yr

Advertisement
He sounds like he's UF and just waiting to make sure the don't ***** up the OL coach hire. And honestly with so little time between now and signing day it'll be almost impossible (unless they hire someone with a lot of public baggage) for him to find out if the coach is someone he doesn't want to play for.

Just realize we are prob going to hear "UF leads" tom...So that means we don't need 10 million posts trashing him, his fam, and Rumph. But I do think UM is very much alive here, esp with no O-line coach.

Gators in great position for 4-star OT

Confidence recently had been growing in Gainesville on Florida’s chances with Kai-Leon Herbert. Now it’s through the roof.

The 4-star offensive tackle from Fort Lauderdale, Fla., decommitted from Michigan over the weekend.

“Things just went south,” Herbert told Land of 10. “There were some other factors … it just wasn’t good.”

The Gators get Herbert’s final visit this weekend, and all signs point to an eventual pledge. Florida was the heavy favorite for him early in his recruitment.

He’s teammates at American Heritage High School with UF commits James Houston and Marco Wilson as well as Florida-lean Tedarrell “T.J.” Slaton, a 4-star defensive tackle.

The Gators don’t have an offensive line coach at this time, but last week McElwain and defensive coordinator Randy Shannon put him at ease about the upcoming hire.

The staff has been in Herbert’s good graces since his injury in early December.

“A lot of people don’t know this,” Herbert told SEC Country, “but I chipped a piece of bone in my shoulder. The University of Florida has been gracious enough to refer me to doctors. They’re telling me this doesn’t scare them off one bit. They still want me to be part of the family and I can come compete for a starting job.”

Herbert visited Auburn on Jan. 15 and Miami last weekend, but his decision will be between the Hurricanes and UF.

Advertisement
Richt betta bring UM grad Dr. James Andrews on the in home visit to look at Herbert shoulder.

Gators in great position for 4-star OT

Confidence recently had been growing in Gainesville on Florida’s chances with Kai-Leon Herbert. Now it’s through the roof.

The 4-star offensive tackle from Fort Lauderdale, Fla., decommitted from Michigan over the weekend.

“Things just went south,” Herbert told Land of 10. “There were some other factors … it just wasn’t good.”

The Gators get Herbert’s final visit this weekend, and all signs point to an eventual pledge. Florida was the heavy favorite for him early in his recruitment.

He’s teammates at American Heritage High School with UF commits James Houston and Marco Wilson as well as Florida-lean Tedarrell “T.J.” Slaton, a 4-star defensive tackle.

The Gators don’t have an offensive line coach at this time, but last week McElwain and defensive coordinator Randy Shannon put him at ease about the upcoming hire.

The staff has been in Herbert’s good graces since his injury in early December.

“A lot of people don’t know this,” Herbert told SEC Country, “but I chipped a piece of bone in my shoulder. The University of Florida has been gracious enough to refer me to doctors. They’re telling me this doesn’t scare them off one bit. They still want me to be part of the family and I can come compete for a starting job.”

Herbert visited Auburn on Jan. 15 and Miami last weekend, but his decision will be between the Hurricanes and UF.

:monkey-serious:

I just feel like he is a Gator and Smith is going to Bama. Outside of those two, I think we close with everyone else on our board which gives us a B+ class in my opinion.

Advertisement
They referrred him to doctors? We're building a ******* hospital 90 feet from our practice facility. He comin

He sounds like he's UF and just waiting to make sure the don't ***** up the OL coach hire. And honestly with so little time between now and signing day it'll be almost impossible (unless they hire someone with a lot of public baggage) for him to find out if the coach is someone he doesn't want to play for.

x2. If they hired Golden as OL coach I would like our chances better.

Choad Wilson and mike Rumph ( still love him ) have enabled American hemorrhage to become a Gator pipeline, shame on them , phucking disgusting

I'm rarely a downer in the recruiting threads but if we lose a kid to NO COACH vs HIS HIGH SCHOOL COACH then my blood pressure will slightly increase to a level whete I may die instantly. That said, I like our chances based on McEltoof's ineptitude alone.

Advertisement
Back