Henry Parrish to The U

So what is Parris thinking transferring to a school with 4 running backs; 2 juniors (next season) and 2 sophomores, and Parrish is himself a junior.
My guess as to what Parrish is thinking, ‘Chaney can’t stay healthy, I’m quicker and a better receiver than the younger guys, so I’m really only competing against Rooster and even if he starts and I’m number 2 I will get 10-15 touches per game’

At least that’s the calculation I would do if I was Parrish. I kind of hope Chaney proves him wrong because Chaney, with his combo of size and speed, is a day 1 draft pick….if he’s healthy.
We will rotate backs like crazy. Need to do that. You can even use Parish and Rooster together.

Advertisement
Parrish needs to be what he was at Ole Miss: a complementary piece in an excellent rushing attack. Ole Miss's running game ranked second in the SEC with Matt Corral and three very good backs: Jerrion Ealy (768, 5.8), Snoop Connor (647, 5.0) and Parrish (553, 5.3). The first two guys declared for the NFL draft.

If you are evaluating our group, it breaks down like this: Chaney is the size/speed guy with the highest upside, Knighton is the most explosive offensive weapon, and Parrish is the guy with average size/speed who is the best pure football player. He has the best vision and footwork of the three, and is also excellent in the passing game with a high IQ. He is not as explosive as the first two guys but makes less negative plays. Surprisingly tough given his WR frame.

Our running game was a weakness last year. Knighton was completely overworked. This is a strong move in the right direction.

Only the top 3 are going to play. Simply not enough snaps for more to play. Personally I hope those 3 are Don, Thad and Rooster. They stayed home from the beginning so they have my respect. If Parrish jumps one of them then he better be doing some amazing things come game time. I can see Brown bouncing end of spring.

And I'm hoping Thad doesn't bounce before/after spring. Wonder if Mario/Smith has met with him and how that went down. For those who would know, is there anyone in the backfield we think doesn't want to compete or put in the work and may be looking for assurances about playing time?

Parrish needs to be what he was at Ole Miss: a complementary piece in an excellent rushing attack. Ole Miss's running game ranked second in the SEC with Matt Corral and three very good backs: Jerrion Ealy (768, 5.8), Snoop Connor (647, 5.0) and Parrish (553, 5.3). The first two guys declared for the NFL draft.

If you are evaluating our group, it breaks down like this: Chaney is the size/speed guy with the highest upside, Knighton is the most explosive offensive weapon, and Parrish is the guy with average size/speed who is the best pure football player. He has the best vision and footwork of the three, and is also excellent in the passing game with a high IQ. He is not as explosive as the first two guys but makes less negative plays. Surprisingly tough given his WR frame.

Our running game was a weakness last year. Knighton was completely overworked. This is a strong move in the right direction.

Monster get. You said it very poignantly, "pure football player". Henry is a kid that you look at and are a bit confused...he's not huge, he's not insanely strong, he's not the quickest kid ever, he doesn't have 4.3 speed....and then at the end of the game, he's busted your *** for 150. How'd he do that? It's because he is a pure football player. He does all those little things you need...he always falls forward, he is tremendously gifted at finding cracks to slip through, he reads blocks very well, he catches the ball very well, he's patient. Literally the entire package. I wanted this kid so bad out of HS (and understand why he wasn't a take) and he's done nothing in 2 years in Oxford to show me anything other than he's a flat baller.

Where do Thad and Cody Brown fit in next year? And my guess is we’re at risk of losing one of them to the portal

Especially since we’re probably going after 2 studs in 2023

Advertisement
Ideally, one of them steps up as the short-yardage hammer. Odds are someone hits the Portal but we need competition.

IMO Thad will have that role, and Brown will bounce.

That gives you a healthy Parrish and Rooster to carry the load early while Don works his way back, with Thad getting inside the tackles and short-yardage/goal line work.

By mid-season, you can have Don and Parrish in a 60/40 split as the pure backs, with Knighton working on passing downs and in the slot.

Advertisement
Who wants to weigh-in on a Yearby-Parrish comparison?

Not bad. I think Yearby was a little quicker and explosive, and Parrish is a little stronger and tougher. Parrish is a little bigger as well, I'd think if you put them both next to each other at this point in their careers.

Also, people need to remember that Joe gets knocked because of two things: 1. He made an awful decision and left early and 2. He's not Dalvin Cook.

But he was a good player here. Over 2,500 scrimmage yards in 3 years. Averaged 6.0 a carry his junior year. If we get that kind of production from Parrish, this is a home run pickup. (And don't forget, Richt forgot the kid could catch the ball when he got here. Inexplicably had 10 catches in 2016).

Advertisement
Advertisement
And I'm hoping Thad doesn't bounce before/after spring. Wonder if Mario/Smith has met with him and how that went down. For those who would know, is there anyone in the backfield we think doesn't want to compete or put in the work and may be looking for assurances about playing time?
I hope Feld has met with him too - he might bounce when he's handed his training programme...

We’re going to be very pleased with Parrish, had some tough family issues in messing up his college career and college did nothing to help.

The GREATEST selling point the U has is they have the best interest of the kids at heart, yes there’s a bump here and there but over all Canes are family.

We gave Parrish a second chance , watch he’ll show the lucky to be here attitude and perform at his best .

We got a special kid here , watch him shine 🙌🙌🙌

GOCANES

Advertisement
Back