Henry Parrish to The U

Advertisement
So what is Parris thinking transferring to a school with 4 running backs; 2 juniors (next season) and 2 sophomores, and Parrish is himself a junior.
My guess as to what Parrish is thinking, ‘Chaney can’t stay healthy, I’m quicker and a better receiver than the younger guys, so I’m really only competing against Rooster and even if he starts and I’m number 2 I will get 10-15 touches per game’

At least that’s the calculation I would do if I was Parrish. I kind of hope Chaney proves him wrong because Chaney, with his combo of size and speed, is a day 1 draft pick….if he’s healthy.

So what is Parris thinking transferring to a school with 4 running backs; 2 juniors (next season) and 2 sophomores, and Parrish is himself a junior.
My guess as to what Parrish is thinking, ‘Chaney can’t stay healthy, I’m quicker and a better receiver than the younger guys, so I’m really only competing against Rooster and even if he starts and I’m number 2 I will get 10-15 touches per game’

At least that’s the calculation I would do if I was Parrish. I kind of hope Chaney proves him wrong because Chaney, with his combo of size and speed, is a day 1 draft pick….if he’s healthy.
I think he feels he can contribute and that one injury means time! Dudes gonna play and force others to work plus Franklin and Brown are big backs. You can also move guys into the slot for screens and reverses. Get creative with dudes who can thrive in space

Advertisement

How Is he a Junior? I thought everyone got a free year in 2020. That was his freshman season. So won't he be coming in as a sophomore?

Advertisement
How Is he a Junior? I thought everyone got a free year in 2020. That was his freshman season. So won't he be coming in as a sophomore?

Yeah he should have three seasons left, and he could even redshirt for a year and not lose one I believe. Was a true freshman in 2020 (Covid credit) which made him a Covid freshman in 2021. Eligibility-wise he should be a true sophomore in 2022.

Makes perfect sense but like you I'm really pulling for Chaney to get back to 100%. Parrish is great insurance but I would rather Chaney comes back all the way. I'm good with the move but I still want either Richard Young or Mark Fletcher in the 23 class.

I guess Rooster, Chaney and Parrish are all sophmores. I keep forgetting about that year.

Advertisement
I guess Rooster, Chaney and Parrish are all sophmores. I keep forgetting about that year.
What's weird is the Ole Mise site lists him as a junior. Also looked like Ladsen was incorrectly listed on the clemson page. Some don't seem to be factoring in the covid free year

Good pick up, now use them all!
Only the top 3 are going to play. Simply not enough snaps for more to play. Personally I hope those 3 are Don, Thad and Rooster. They stayed home from the beginning so they have my respect. If Parrish jumps one of them then he better be doing some amazing things come game time. I can see Brown bouncing end of spring.

Advertisement
We need as many great football players on our special teams as possible. I see all running backs getting burn in some form playing specials

Only the top 3 are going to play. Simply not enough snaps for more to play. Personally I hope those 3 are Don, Thad and Rooster. They stayed home from the beginning so they have my respect. If Parrish jumps one of them then he better be doing some amazing things come game time. I can see Brown bouncing end of spring.
I would expect one of the top 3 you mentioned to go down for a period during the season, ankle, shoulder, knee, I would rather have Parrish step in than Brown.

I'm guessing Smith liked him at Ole Miss or we wouldn't have taken him. I remember a lot of people on here regretting not taking Parrish that year. We needed RB depth so I'm glad we grabbed this kid.

Parrish is good player and should provide depth at RB but if Chaney is healthy and returns to form and Thad Franklin displays a semblance of a work ethic, Parrish may not see the field. He would be our 4th best back behind Knighton, Chaney and Franklin.

People declaring he'll be our 3rd down back is dumb when you have two freak athletes in Chaney and Rooster and a mack truck in Franklin that's a unique athlete in his own right due to size, power, and being fleet footed.

This is definitely a good problem to have though. It's been a while since we've had a room full of starting caliber backs.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back