Henry Parrish Makes Case he is the Best RB in Dade County

Is freeman still a top guy anymore?

I don't think so. Injuries have taken their toll on Freeman and he's not the same guy anymore.

But I think Lamar Miller coming off an ACL at age 29 probably won't be a top guy anymore either.

Dalvin Cook is now significantly better than any other Miami or FSU guy, and the only "top guy" from either school IMO.

Advertisement
I don't think so. Injuries have taken their toll on Freeman and he's not the same guy anymore.

But I think Lamar Miller coming off an ACL at age 29 probably won't be a top guy anymore either.

Dalvin Cook is now significantly better than any other Miami or FSU guy, and the only "top guy" from either school IMO.
As far as “top guys” go. With Olsen getting older and Calais getting older but still beasting we need the next crop to step up. Herndon and njoku could potentially be the guys. Richards could have been our next great receiver. We need all
Pros. Brevin and Greg are the only ones I see with that potential currently on the team

I agree with you that Miami is putting RB's at a high rate. We're still one of the best in the country in overall number of RB's drafted. But we're not at the level of Alabama, LSU, Georgia - and I'd say we're a notch below FSU.

I agree with Rell that you can only sell your program with it's top players. People don't really care about the role players, and I think FSU has been better than us there.

I love Lamar Miller. He has better overall stats than Freeman or Cook, but he was never quite at the level Freeman was for a couple years or Cook has been (when healthy). And those are the guys you need to sell your program.

Miami - Duke, FSU - Chris Thompson. Duke is definitely better - but both a 3rd down types. They're nice players, but you don't get excited about their NFL careers.

Then each have had journeyman types. Miami - Mark Walton, Mike James, Travis Homer. FSU - Antone Smith, Karlos Williams. These are the types mostly just die hard fans remember.

Then both have guys coming - Miami - DeeJay, FSU - Cam Akers.

IMO - having 1 or 2 top guys is a better selling point and more than 4 or 5 role players.

You and him...quote sh*t like the bolded. Then finishes it off with the stuff thats behind it which makes...NO SENSE. Cook is NEVER HEALTHY...Freeman has had 2 1,000 yd rushing seasons in his career. Lamar played for my Fins behind crap lines and had to earn his way to his job and split carries. Freeman starts at ATL with bums behind him and a legit passing attack.

That being said we have MORE guys than them. Antone Smith hasnt been in nfl since 2015 and came out in 2009. Karlos Williams played 2 years in the league.

I mean its much easier to sell longevity of putting guys at that position into the league than it is hanging onto the hopes of selling Dalvin Cook and Devonta Freeman guys who would of made it to the nfl from FIU. They didnt DEVELOP those guys...those 2 were all stars since pee wee football down here. lol

Dalvin Cook started 10 games last year and had 2 tds. He's going good right now this season though so far the best of his career...but its early and he can literally trip over a parking stump tomorrow and be done for the year...meanwhile Frank Gore just hit over 15,000 yds rushing

You and him...quote sh*t like the bolded. Then finishes it off with the stuff thats behind it which makes...NO SENSE. Cook is NEVER HEALTHY...Freeman has had 2 1,000 yd rushing seasons in his career. Lamar played for my Fins behind crap lines and had to earn his way to his job and split carries. Freeman starts at ATL with bums behind him and a legit passing attack.

That being said we have MORE guys than them. Antone Smith hasnt been in nfl since 2015 and came out in 2009. Karlos Williams played 2 years in the league.

I mean its much easier to sell longevity of putting guys at that position into the league than it is hanging onto the hopes of selling Dalvin Cook and Devonta Freeman guys who would of made it to the nfl from FIU. They didnt DEVELOP those guys...those 2 were all stars since pee wee football down here. lol

I don't have a problem if you think Miller is better than Freeman & Cook. I just see it differently. I think Freeman in his back to back Pro-Bowl seasons was playing at a higher level than Miller ever did. Cook has 4 100 yd games thru 5 games this year. Miller has never had more than 4 100 yd games in any season. Cook could get hurt tomorrow and that would change my view - but right now I feel he's playing at a higher level than Miller ever has. I've always thought that Cook was the most talented of the 3.

I'm saying Lamar Miller has played at a very high Pro-Bowl level too - I'm just saying, when they're at their best, I feel Freeman & Cook are a notch better.

My point is - when thinking of FSU RB's, you said FSU had 2 in the NFL - Cook & Freeman. You forgot about Chris Thompson because....why wouldn't you? He plays a small role on a bad team. No one outside of FSU fans really thinks about him. Just like no one's thinking about Mark Walton or Travis Homer or Lamar Miller right now. If you're not playing - it doesn't really matter. We're not selling recruits with "you could be the next Travis Homer or Mark Walton or Mike James or Damien Berry or Javarris James".

Advertisement
I don't have a problem if you think Miller is better than Freeman & Cook. I just see it differently. I think Freeman in his back to back Pro-Bowl seasons was playing at a higher level than Miller ever did. Cook has 4 100 yd games thru 5 games this year. Miller has never had more than 4 100 yd games in any season. Cook could get hurt tomorrow and that would change my view - but right now I feel he's playing at a higher level than Miller ever has. I've always thought that Cook was the most talented of the 3.

I'm saying Lamar Miller has played at a very high Pro-Bowl level too - I'm just saying, when they're at their best, I feel Freeman & Cook are a notch better.

My point is - when thinking of FSU RB's, you said FSU had 2 in the NFL - Cook & Freeman. You forgot about Chris Thompson because....why wouldn't you? He plays a small role on a bad team. No one outside of FSU fans really thinks about him. Just like no one's thinking about Mark Walton or Travis Homer or Lamar Miller right now. If you're not playing - it doesn't really matter. We're not selling recruits with "you could be the next Travis Homer or Mark Walton or Mike James or Damien Berry or Javarris James".

Mark Walton is KNOWN in South Florida. We pretty much recruit or need to lock up south florida's best backs yearly so its pretty much a moot point.

You have always believed Cook is a better player than Miller. Cool. His stats have never shown it in the nfl because he never relaly plays a full season. I dont think Miller is better than Freeman and Cook...his stats have shown he is better than Cook...and on par with Freeman. Its not hisfault he played for my fins, and Freeman was out there going against 5-6 man boxes and ripping off runs.
Ive had Chris Thompson on my fantasy team the last 2 years lol. I remember him.

- Your kind of flip flopping with the ..if you're not playing..it doesnt matter...yet have Dalvin Cook on a pedestal when he never plays a full season.

FSU doesnt have the history of running backs that we do...and cant sell sh*t but declining Freeman and oft injured Dalvin Cook. If your a rb and want to get to nfl you come here over fsu...thats my point.

Mark Walton is KNOWN in South Florida. We pretty much recruit or need to lock up south florida's best backs yearly so its pretty much a moot point.

You have always believed Cook is a better player than Miller. Cool. His stats have never shown it in the nfl because he never relaly plays a full season. I dont think Miller is better than Freeman and Cook...his stats have shown he is better than Cook...and on par with Freeman. Its not hisfault he played for my fins, and Freeman was out there going against 5-6 man boxes and ripping off runs.
Ive had Chris Thompson on my fantasy team the last 2 years lol. I remember him.

- Your kind of flip flopping with the ..if you're not playing..it doesnt matter...yet have Dalvin Cook on a pedestal when he never plays a full season.

FSU doesnt have the history of running backs that we do...and cant sell sh*t but declining Freeman and oft injured Dalvin Cook. If your a rb and want to get to nfl you come here over fsu...thats my point.

There's a difference between being really good when you play, but not playing because you're hurt (Dalvin Cook), and being healthy, but not playing because you're not good (Mark Walton). Although I think this weekend vs the Redskins might be Walton's big chance.

Yes - Miller has better stats than Cook, because he's been in the league 5 years longer than Cook. But...

- Dalvin Cook had more rushing yards in his first 2 seasons than Miller did in his first 2 seasons. Cook had more receiving yards too.
- Millers 3rd season was his best. He had 1,400 total yards and 9 TD's. It's Cooks 3rd season and he's on a 2,300 total yds 16 TD pace.
- Millers best year was on an 8-8 Dolphins team. Freeman's best year was on an 8-8 Falcons team.

Historically, yes, Miami has had much better RB's than FSU. But you have to include RB's from 15 years ago to make the case that Miami has been better than FSU. They've been pretty similar the last 15 years. It's just my opinion we've been a notch below FSU.

So you say Miami should lock up the best dade back every year. You think not going after wright was a bad move? Chaney and Parrish would be an A+ haul at RB imo and I bet most feel that way. Hopefully Thad franklin stays with us also.

Advertisement
There's a difference between being really good when you play, but not playing because you're hurt (Dalvin Cook), and being healthy, but not playing because you're not good (Mark Walton). Although I think this weekend vs the Redskins might be Walton's big chance.

Yes - Miller has better stats than Cook, because he's been in the league 5 years longer than Cook. But...

- Dalvin Cook had more rushing yards in his first 2 seasons than Miller did in his first 2 seasons. Cook had more receiving yards too.
- Millers 3rd season was his best. He had 1,400 total yards and 9 TD's. It's Cooks 3rd season and he's on a 2,300 total yds 16 TD pace.
- Millers best year was on an 8-8 Dolphins team. Freeman's best year was on an 8-8 Falcons team.

Historically, yes, Miami has had much better RB's than FSU. But you have to include RB's from 15 years ago to make the case that Miami has been better than FSU. They've been pretty similar the last 15 years. It's just my opinion we've been a notch below FSU.

You do know Miller didnt start for Dolphins right out the gate right?. But i hear u.

Mark Walton imo actually looked good last game...He ran better than Ballage or whatever but he starts. So he has a chance. I'm just happy that kid is collecting game checks at this point he's had a tough go the last few years.

Its just my opinion Lamar Miller ALWAYS gets slighted....and he even gets SLIGHTED by our fans. Thats why i pushed this line at you. Your one of the better posters and know your sh*t so dont think im coming at you.

So you say Miami should lock up the best dade back every year. You think not going after wright was a bad move? Chaney and Parrish would be an A+ haul at RB imo and I bet most feel that way. Hopefully Thad franklin stays with us also.

Wright was an interesting go. mainly because we snatched Cam Davis his teammate the year b4. Andddd.... Wright has a lot of hanger on/neighborhood guys thats been on him since he can walk. I like Nayquan as a player though, but if you skip on him AND lock up Chaney the class after you cant get mad or feel any kind of way.

Franklin is a tough runner. Kind of built Like Deejay Dallas right now...you might pair him with a home run hitter type or IMO go ALL in on Parrish this class. He isnt a home run hitter but he brings competition to the rb group...especially if Deejay Dallas heads to NFL.

You do know Miller didnt start for Dolphins right out the gate right?. But i hear u.

Mark Walton imo actually looked good last game...He ran better than Ballage or whatever but he starts. So he has a chance. I'm just happy that kid is collecting game checks at this point he's had a tough go the last few years.

Its just my opinion Lamar Miller ALWAYS gets slighted....and he even gets SLIGHTED by our fans. Thats why i pushed this line at you. Your one of the better posters and know your sh*t so dont think im coming at you.

I agree - I think both Lamar Miller and Duke Johnson have been very underrated. Lamar Miller sort of became the poster boy for "boring fantasy football pick", and it's taken away from people realizing how good he is on the field. Duke Johnson - I think people were expecting he'd be a #1 RB in the NFL and it's kind made people forget how dominant he was in college. He was ridiculously good. And he's still been really good in the NFL as a 3rd down type back. I've always though Mark Walton's talent was overrated - but I'm glad he's getting a 2nd shot after a rough summer. Would've sucked if his career ended like that. I said before the season Ballage wasn't very good so Walton should get a shot at some point - and vs the Skins this weekend might be his best shot.

Advertisement
I agree - I think both Lamar Miller and Duke Johnson have been very underrated. Lamar Miller sort of became the poster boy for "boring fantasy football pick", and it's taken away from people realizing how good he is on the field. Duke Johnson - I think people were expecting he'd be a #1 RB in the NFL and it's kind made people forget how dominant he was in college. He was ridiculously good. And he's still been really good in the NFL as a 3rd down type back. I've always though Mark Walton's talent was overrated - but I'm glad he's getting a 2nd shot after a rough summer. Would've sucked if his career ended like that. I said before the season Ballage wasn't very good so Walton should get a shot at some point - and vs the Skins this weekend might be his best shot.

WALTON Started and played respectable against the skins. They should start him next week to. The boy is earning his keep. He had about 30 something rushing, about 40 receiving. Avg close to 5 a carry.

As long as they keep losing I don't mind Walton taking over the starting spot. They're probably going trade Drake before the deadline IMO.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back