Henry Parrish Makes Case he is the Best RB in Dade County

Based on what? The fact Lingard hasn't played in the one or two games he's been cleared medically for?

Yeah count me in the group that interprets that porst as obnoxious nonsensical whining.

Oh, and Ivins says it looks like the staff is selling Chaney as the only back and not pushing for Parrish.

Advertisement
FSU is not any better

Yeeeeeeeah, imma have to disagree bro. I don’t think some posters know what I mean by optics.

Optically, just since 2010 alone, FSU:
1. Won 10+ games (6x).
2. Won the ACC (3x).
3. Won the ACC Atlantic (4x).
4. One of the 1st teams to participate in the CFP.
5. Won a national championship.
6. Won 6 bowl games (4 were NY6 bowls)
7. Have gone 90-30, overall, including 69-29 against P5 opponents.
8. Have produced 11 first-round draft picks and 22 top two round picks
9. Most importantly in the case of Parrish, both Cook and Freeman are starting RBs for their respective teams.

By comparison, during this time, we’ve accomplished:
1. Won 10+ games (1x).
2. Have Not won the ACC.
3. Won the ACC Coastal (1x).
4. Never participated in the CFP.
5. Haven’t won a National Title since 01-02.
6. Won one bowl game.
7. Have gone 69-45, overall, including 48-44 against P5 opponents
8. Have produced 4 1st round picks, and 4 total top 2 round picks
9. Most importantly in the case of Parrish, 1 RB starts for his team and he was injured.

So we may compare FSU’s last 2.5 yrs, (although they’ve now looked like a different team this yr w Hornibrook) and think what player would want to play there?? My g, look at what we’ve done since 2010, alone, in comparison. No cap, I was hella startled by our P5 opponent record, and to see how many teams we lost to that were G5. If it wasn’t for us starting hot in 2017, we would be below .500 against P5 opponents this decade.

So again, if a top tier kid in the crib wants to commit, we are in no position to fck around. We need all the talent help we can get.

Last edited:
Yeeeeeeeah, imma have to disagree bro. I don’t think some posters know what I mean by optics.

Optically, just since 2010 alone, FSU:
1. Won 10+ games (6x).
2. Won the ACC (3x).
3. Won the ACC Atlantic (4x).
4. One of the 1st teams to participate in the CFP.
5. Won a national championship.
6. Won 6 bowl games (4 were NY6 bowls)
7. Have gone 90-30, overall, including 69-29 against P5 opponents.
8. Have produced 11 first-round draft picks and 22 top two round picks
9. Most importantly in the case of Parrish, both Cook and Freeman are starting RBs for their respective teams.

By comparison, during this time, we’ve accomplished:
1. Won 10+ games (1x).
2. Have Not won the ACC.
3. Won the ACC Coastal (1x).
4. Never participated in the CFP.
5. Haven’t won a National Title since 01-02.
6. Won one bowl game.
7. Have gone 69-45, overall, including 48-44 against P5 opponents
8. Have produced 4 1st round picks, and 4 total top 2 round picks
9. Most importantly in the case of Parrish, 1 RB starts for his team and he was injured.

So we may compare FSU’s last 2.5 yrs, (although they’ve now looked like a different team this yr w Hornibrook) and think what player would want to play there?? My g, look at what we’ve done since 2010, alone, in comparison. No cap, I was hella startled by our P5 opponent record, and to see how many teams we lost to that were G5. If it wasn’t for us starting hot in 2017, we would be below .500 against P5 opponents this decade.

So again, if a top tier kid in the crib wants to commit, we are in no position to fck around. We need all the talent help we can get.

Frank Gore, Travis Homer, Duke Johnson, Lamar Miller, Mark Walton and im not counting Gus Edwards whom is a Um graduate and would put us at 6 active rbs in the league. I know you were trying to down play us a bit. But FSU doesnt have a rb int he league that is Lamar Miller level. (Devunta Freeman is debatable) Dalvin Cooks next time playing over 10 games will be the first time. Who cares if he is listed as a starter if he averages under 7 games a season. (HE IS HOT RIGHT NOW THOUGH THIS SEASON).

If your a rb and want to go to the NFL....UM is still putting guys there at a good rate

Advertisement
Frank Gore, Travis Homer, Duke Johnson, Lamar Miller, Mark Walton and im not counting Gus Edwards whom is a Um graduate and would put us at 6 active rbs in the league. I know you were trying to down play us a bit. But FSU doesnt have a rb int he league that is Lamar Miller level. (Devunta Freeman is debatable) Dalvin Cooks next time playing over 10 games will be the first time. Who cares if he is listed as a starter if he averages under 7 games a season. (HE IS HOT RIGHT NOW THOUGH THIS SEASON).

If your a rb and want to go to the NFL....UM is still putting guys there at a good rate

My point has been since 2010, so we can leave Frank out of this.

Travis Homer....special teams
Duke Johnson....just lost his starting spot to Carlos Hyde
Lamar Miller (mentioned him)
Mark Walton....barely in the league

Freeman is a 2x pro bowler; Cook hasn't been healthy, but he's making a legit impact right now (2nd in rushing).

We are putting guys in the NFL, but they are role players, not starters.

Freeman is a 2x pro bowler; Cook hasn't been healthy, but he's making a legit impact right now (2nd in rushing).

Duke Johnson has been way better in the league than you are giving him credit for. Very efficient player on a per touch basis and one of the most elusive backs in the league
7365D5E4-926D-4316-AEBE-A95EDEA01905.jpeg

Mark walton going to snatch that #2 job real soon from Belage with the dolphins. He’s been impressing their coaches and if Kenyan Drake moves on he may be in line for a bigger role next season

Attachments

• 6E966112-477F-474A-B7C2-70784E1DA626.jpeg
    6E966112-477F-474A-B7C2-70784E1DA626.jpeg
    628.1 KB · Views: 10
Advertisement
Duke Johnson has been way better in the league than you are giving him credit for. Very efficient player on a per touch basis and one of the most elusive backs in the league
View attachment 98937
Mark walton going to snatch that #2 job real soon from Belage with the dolphins. He’s been impressing their coaches and if Kenyan Drake moves on he may be in line for a bigger role next season

Bro, I just said role players. What else does that mean? I know we as fans just love to hold on to whatever we have left, but reality is, Freeman and Cook are both the man for their teams at their position. Walton and Duke are not. They don't need "moving parts" explanations. lol.

Bro, I just said role players. What else does that mean? I know we as fans just love to hold on to whatever we have left, but reality is, Freeman and Cook are both the man for their teams at their position. Walton and Duke are not. They don't need "moving parts" explanations. lol.
Duke has more rushing and receiving yards all together than Freeman this year despite not being the starter(it’s a 2 back system with the loss of miller.) in fact week before last Johnson had more reps than Hyde so that changes weakly

Duke has more rushing and receiving yards all together than Freeman this year despite not being the starter(it’s a 2 back system with the loss of miller.) in fact week before last Johnson had more reps than Hyde so that changes weakly

I'm aware. He's on my fantasy team. lol.

Advertisement
Man you got to have Christian McCaffrey lol, he beasting!

Bro Chris Mac was way gone by my pick. This dude is playing out of his mind, and honestly, Dancing Cam Newton needs to be looking over his shoulder.

the fact remains....since 2010 they have 2 guys in nfl. We have 4. Like i said Gus Edwards was a UM graduate who transferred out because he wouldnt start. Once they get to the league..WHO REALLY CARES what role they have really. They are all making over couple hundred thousands. Mark Walton is barely in the league and is making 6 figures. Do you really think south florida kids care if he a role player?.

We have Deejay Dallas coming down the pike as well. And like previously stated Lamar Miller is better than both guys from FSU your bigging up regardless. And saying Cook hasnt been healthy means what?. Who's fault is it that he is fragile?.

My point remains if you play rb and want to go to the nfl you come to UM. We have more than most collleges in the league last time i checked. Dont care if they are role players or not.

It’s all about making it to the league man. What you do when you get there is all up to you. That’s why these kids don’t care about all the bama busts. They get them there. All that matters. Every kid thinks when they make it they’ll have staging power. Some will some won’t

Advertisement
It’s all about making it to the league man. What you do when you get there is all up to you. That’s why these kids don’t care about all the bama busts. They get them there. All that matters. Every kid thinks when they make it they’ll have staging power. Some will some won’t

We get them there too though

the fact remains....since 2010 they have 2 guys in nfl. We have 4. Like i said Gus Edwards was a UM graduate who transferred out because he wouldnt start. Once they get to the league..WHO REALLY CARES what role they have really. They are all making over couple hundred thousands. Mark Walton is barely in the league and is making 6 figures. Do you really think south florida kids care if he a role player?.

We have Deejay Dallas coming down the pike as well. And like previously stated Lamar Miller is better than both guys from FSU your bigging up regardless. And saying Cook hasnt been healthy means what?. Who's fault is it that he is fragile?.

My point remains if you play rb and want to go to the nfl you come to UM. We have more than most collleges in the league last time i checked. Dont care if they are role players or not.

I agree with you that Miami is putting RB's at a high rate. We're still one of the best in the country in overall number of RB's drafted. But we're not at the level of Alabama, LSU, Georgia - and I'd say we're a notch below FSU.

I agree with Rell that you can only sell your program with it's top players. People don't really care about the role players, and I think FSU has been better than us there.

I love Lamar Miller. He has better overall stats than Freeman or Cook, but he was never quite at the level Freeman was for a couple years or Cook has been (when healthy). And those are the guys you need to sell your program.

Miami - Duke, FSU - Chris Thompson. Duke is definitely better - but both a 3rd down types. They're nice players, but you don't get excited about their NFL careers.

Then each have had journeyman types. Miami - Mark Walton, Mike James, Travis Homer. FSU - Antone Smith, Karlos Williams. These are the types mostly just die hard fans remember.

Then both have guys coming - Miami - DeeJay, FSU - Cam Akers.

IMO - having 1 or 2 top guys is a better selling point and more than 4 or 5 role players.

I agree with you that Miami is putting RB's at a high rate. We're still one of the best in the country in overall number of RB's drafted. But we're not at the level of Alabama, LSU, Georgia - and I'd say we're a notch below FSU.

I agree with Rell that you can only sell your program with it's top players. People don't really care about the role players, and I think FSU has been better than us there.

I love Lamar Miller. He has better overall stats than Freeman or Cook, but he was never quite at the level Freeman was for a couple years or Cook has been (when healthy). And those are the guys you need to sell your program.

Miami - Duke, FSU - Chris Thompson. Duke is definitely better - but both a 3rd down types. They're nice players, but you don't get excited about their NFL careers.

Then each have had journeyman types. Miami - Mark Walton, Mike James, Travis Homer. FSU - Antone Smith, Karlos Williams. These are the types mostly just die hard fans remember.

Then both have guys coming - Miami - DeeJay, FSU - Cam Akers.

IMO - having 1 or 2 top guys is a better selling point and more than 4 or 5 role players.
Is freeman still a top guy anymore?

Advertisement
Back