Henry Parrish, 2020 RB

If my memory serves me correctly. Didn’t Parish and knighton visit around the same time? Maybe something happened that didn’t sit too well with parish and his family. I hope they didn’t get the cold shoulder cause the staff rolled out the red carpet for a **** Deerfield kid.

Advertisement
Guys still worried about the consolation prize when we got the grand prize already.
I don't know any other way to put it but this is a really shallow take on this situation. It's tantamount to saying "Flowe or bust". We've been down this road before. How has it turned out?

The "grand prize" is not just getting a single prized recruit. It's getting a national championship. That takes a fully class of prized recruits … each year. And at RB, they get banged up a lot and they tend to be long-term. Who knows when he'll be needed to play. We need another RB and he shouldn't be another JAG.

No matter how you look at it, Parish's recruitment has been puzzling.

He's committed to Pitt... where are the big time programs offering this kid? Again.... Maybe this year he blows up, and improves physically everywhere.... But RIGHT NOW HE'S COMMITED TO TRASH PITT

How many big time programs offered Sean Taylor at this time of his senior year. The answer is...only UM. I thought this stuff never happens anymore with the internet and camps and every thing. Being located in a talent rich area only gives you an edge if you take an advantage by getting an early evaluation on kids and extending a committable offer.

I don't know what happened between UM and this kid but I'm getting the sense that we made our task much harder than it needed to be. Parrish is on the way to blowing up and we may be posting in a year or two how we let this happen to us with the kid being 10 minutes down the road.

Last edited:
Advertisement
How many big time programs offered Sean Taylor at this time of his senior year. The answer is...only UM. I thought this stuff never happens anymore with the internet and camps and every thing. Being located in a talent rich area only gives you an edge if you take an advantage by getting an early evaluation on kids and extending a committable offer.

I don't know what happened between UM and this kid but I'm getting the sense that we made out task mush harder than it needed to be. Parrish is on the way of blowing up and we may be posting in a year or two how we let this happen to us with the kid being 10 minutes down the road.
I agree hes a take but lets stop this here its a different time........but it is highly questionable that the other schools aint coming hard theres got to be a reason. Usually the SEC dont care if u murdered someone so it could be they arent impressed. Will be interesting to see if his recruitment heats up later on in the cycle.

If my memory serves me correctly. Didn’t Parish and knighton visit around the same time? Maybe something happened that didn’t sit too well with parish and his family. I hope they didn’t get the cold shoulder cause the staff rolled out the red carpet for a **** Deerfield kid.
They should of known Deerfield gonna Deerfield.......sorry at my boy @Coach Macho

I agree hes a take but lets stop this here its a different time........but it is highly questionable that the other schools aint coming hard theres got to be a reason. Usually the SEC dont care if u murdered someone so it could be they arent impressed. Will be interesting to see if his recruitment heats up later on in the cycle.
I only bring it up because that's what's always thrown at you when anyone talks about evaluations. The kids don't get overlooked anymore. Most of their recruiting they've taken an intelligent approach. This is the one that seems strange.

Last edited:
I only bring it up because that's what's always thrown at you when anyone talks about evaluations. They kids don't get overlooked anymore. Most of their recruiting they've taken an intelligent approach. This is the one that seems strange.
tough call, i need to see more film man throughout the season...............is it the speed that bothers them size? anyone got the scoop? It has to be something of his game they dont think translates to ACC play or there retarded and just taking Chaney thinking the next class is super loaded with Amari Daniels. Im trying to understand the logic here

Edit: found out he runs a 4.66 40 thats got to be it thats a bad time for a rb..........dont understand that if they took Flagg though weird @nycane u got the scoop fam

Last edited:
Advertisement
This kid recruitment reminds me of Noel Devine, a stud in HS but some didn't want because of size and others loved because of HS production.

This kid recruitment reminds me of Noel Devine, a stud in HS but some didn't want because of size and others loved because of HS production.
I’m pretty sure the reason teams backed off Devine had way more to do with off the field issues. Like grades, attending high schools all over the place. I think everyone wanted him and only WVU could actually get him in to school. At least that’s me recollection.

How can you make this statement when there are countless kids who blow up late during their senior year’s? We literally see this every year. There’s more coverage regarding recruiting now but kids are still going under the radar their seniors.

Advertisement
I’m pretty sure the reason teams backed off Devine had way more to do with off the field issues. Like grades, attending high schools all over the place. I think everyone wanted him and only WVU could actually get him in to school. At least that’s me recollection.

You’re correct. I just got into recruiting around that time but I clearly remember everyone wanting him but WVU was the only one who could get him in. Exciting player too but his last season wasn’t as dynamic.

This went through my mind too.

Advertisement
tough call, i need to see more film man throughout the season...............is it the speed that bothers them size? anyone got the scoop? It has to be something of his game they dont think translates to ACC play or there retarded and just taking Chaney thinking the next class is super loaded with Amari Daniels. Im trying to understand the logic here

Edit: found out he runs a 4.66 40 thats got to be it thats a bad time for a rb..........dont understand that if they took Flagg though weird @nycane u got the scoop fam
4.66 is NOT a bad time for a HIGH SCHOOL RB.

Make no mistake about it, this kid is going to end up at a school much more prominent than Pitt. We are definitely held to a higher standard when it comes to offering (meaning we offer late and we're screwed but a SEC school offers late and it's ok). Honestly, I'm fine with that. We SHOULD be held to a higher standard. The problem comes when not only does the hometown hold you accountable when you don't offer early, but the hometown also screws you in the end (makes you a placeholder) when you DO offer early.

I don't know any other way to put it but this is a really shallow take on this situation. It's tantamount to saying "Flowe or bust". We've been down this road before. How has it turned out?

The "grand prize" is not just getting a single prized recruit. It's getting a national championship. That takes a fully class of prized recruits … each year. And at RB, they get banged up a lot and they tend to be long-term. Who knows when he'll be needed to play. We need another RB and he shouldn't be another JAG.

No matter how you look at it, Parish's recruitment has been puzzling.
Thats kind of funny seeing as thats how the current national champion recruits at the position...

In the last 4 classes Clemson has only taken 5 backs and the single class they took 2 the second guy was a 3 star player.

After talking to a few sources since the Asa Martin transfer, the initial take from Parrish and his family is that they are done with Miami and happy with Pitt. The only way he leaves is if it is for a Bama/UGA/Clemson type. So not good for UM if they decide they want Parrish after all and there would be heavy-lifting to do, but we'll see what happens if/when Miami starts to press him.
If his mentallity is really this he would probably flip to those schools even if he was commited to UM, He’s just waiting for the the big dogs to come pick him up

Advertisement
Back