Henry Parrish, 2020 RB

Henry Parrish is rated properly. Pitt is a good spot for him just like Utah is a good spot for Zack Moss

Advertisement
Watch out for South Carolina here. I know they're looking for another back to pair with Marshawn Lloyd.

They just lost out on Tank Bigsby to Auburn and had a RFr RB just transfer. There's no way Parrish ends up at Pitt.

Advertisement
Not sure how any of you thought he was ever coming here. After Chaney committed we have 2-5* and another 4* in front of him. It's a bad fit for him.

Parrish always had real good tape. I don't know why he catches so much heat on here.

A lot of fans want testing freaks and camp warriors.

People wonder how s fla guys get away to scrub schools and tear up the nfl while we live on the coaching carousel. Situations like this are a significant factor.

Some guys are PURE FOOTBALL PLAYERS. You can’t measure their greatness with a stop watch or weight bench. Anybody can look great in shorts and drills, but there are things you can’t measure when the pads are strapped up and the lights come on. Some guys are best on the field in actual games, not in the weight room or on the track.

Parrish looks like one of those guys and we will regret it if he signs elsewhere.

Advertisement
After Chaney committed we have 2-5* and another 4* in front of him. It's a bad fit for him.

Exactly, kids want to PLAY. If They don’t get touches or significant playing time they will transfer. He will do well at a mid level school & be a feature back

Chaney & Parrish would be the clear 1-2 punch by 2021. What am I missing here? We have ZERO RBs from 2019 and ONE committed for 2020. Do you have to be guaranteed 200 carries your freshman year to warrant signing with a school?

if youre only staying 3 years, yes

Advertisement
A lot of fans want testing freaks and camp warriors.

People wonder how s fla guys get away to scrub schools and tear up the nfl while we live on the coaching carousel. Situations like this are a significant factor.

Some guys are PURE FOOTBALL PLAYERS. You can’t measure their greatness with a stop watch or weight bench. Anybody can look great in shorts and drills, but there are things you can’t measure when the pads are strapped up and the lights come on. Some guys are best on the field in actual games, not in the weight room or on the track.

Parrish looks like one of those guys and we will regret it if he signs elsewhere.

True! However, he’s not even a bad athlete in shorts. He’s not putting up Chaney testing numbers but he is still really talented.

Advertisement
Thats kind of funny seeing as thats how the current national champion recruits at the position...

In the last 4 classes Clemson has only taken 5 backs and the single class they took 2 the second guy was a 3 star player.
You have to look at each situation individually. Assuming DJ skips his senior year, next season has returning:
  • one healthy back (currently),
  • one coming off a knee injury (who looks like he'll be fully recovered by then),
  • one who hasn't seen significant time since his sophomore HS year, and
  • an incoming freshman.
IMO, that's too lean. We were willing to take another back if it were Knightly. I believe we need another regardless. If we play it too cute, we can paint ourselves into a corner where the remaining options are unappealing. Parrish is not settling, he's significantly more than a JAG.

You have to look at each situation individually. Assuming DJ skips his senior year, next season has returning:
  • one healthy back (currently),
  • one coming off a knee injury (who looks like he'll be fully recovered by then),
  • one who hasn't seen significant time since his sophomore HS year, and
  • an incoming freshman.
IMO, that's too lean. We were willing to take another back if it were Knightly. I believe we need another regardless. If we play it too cute, we can paint ourselves into a corner where the remaining options are unappealing. Parrish is not settling, he's significantly more than a JAG.
If the top team in the country isnt worried about this kind of stuff im not either. Parrish isnt that special and isnt necessary for this class with chaney coming. We can add any JAG for roster depth if DJ leaves.

Let's let the season play out. If we perform the way we should and Pitt and the Semenholes go 500, we may have both Parrish and Knighton circle back to us. We may even have someone new pop up. Man, February 1st is a long way out.

If the top team in the country isnt worried about this kind of stuff im not either. Parrish isnt that special and isnt necessary for this class with chaney coming. We can add any JAG for roster depth if DJ leaves.

They become top teams by not taking JAGs. It's a little presumptive for us to act like we're a top team. We're not there yet.

The top teams also have depth. Clemson has 7 RBs on their roster, Bama has 8. And both have two committed for this class. That's deeper than us. We have 6 and that's counting the two fullbacks. We don't even have any walk-ons listed on the roster. (It's difficult even fielding a scout team)

I guess I don't understand the thinking that if they're not a consensus 5*, they're just a JAG. With only 5 5*s RBs nation-wide, there's a lot of gray in between.

Advertisement
Back