Henry Parrish, 2020 RB

With all the dominant RBs who have come through Miami-Dade, do some of you not realize only a handul have ever eclipaed 2,000 yards rushing in a season? Not only has Parrish already accomoplished that, he sure as **** is on pace to have another 2,000 yard season this year as of yesterday's game. Not to mention he is doing this against the absolute BEST football competition in the country in 8A football.

Some guys who have eclipsed the 2K mark include Frank Gore, Troy Davis and Darren Davis. Some of you care to tell me how there careers faired at the college level? Point is, it is a pretty **** good indicator that Parrish will be a very good back at the next level.

And some of you need to do a little more homework before comparing backs. Like comparing Yearby to Parrish when it comes to speed. Yearby ran a 4.74 hand time at his PRO DAY, which means he is really a 4.8 LASER. Parrish as a JUNIOR in high school has already been clocked at 4.66 and mind you, that verified time is from his Sophomore season. I am willing to bet that has improved this season and once he gets into a college training program, can without question get that down to 4.5. Speed is NOT an issue at ALL with Parrish. He does not need to be a blazer. His speed is plenty good for the next level. He is also currently 5'10 180 LBs. He is not some tiny, miniscule back. He can easily get to 195-200 his 1st year at UM and he is well put together. Unlike Yearby who always looked a little sloppy.

This kid can flat out ball. This is just a bad eval and mistake by this staff not taking him when he was dying to come here.
For real! They be ignorant as **** talking about his size is a concern. How ******* big do they want our running backs? Brandon Jacobs? He’s got enough size and will gain more weight in college just as you stated. 💯

Advertisement
That is not the point. The out of state schools can do whatever they want but Miami is held to this ridiculous standard evaluative excellence.

There is also money involved (not inferring Parrish) but it is funny seeing kids leave who wanted an offer fooooooooooooorever and then get it and use it to spurn the home team. Maybe we had guys higher on our board? Guess what that is ok but to use that as some slight on Miami for not wanting Parrish whose committed to PITTSBURGH of all places is comical. What are his other power five offers? USCe? FAU? FIU?

Look don't get me wrong I think we should have gone after the kid, but come on.
Y'all don't know this kid and I can't really say what I want without telling his business (because it's HIS business) but it's beyond the offer. Let me just say that if it was Elijah in Henry's shoes, I wouldn't let him go to UM. That being said...I'm praying things change.

Y'all don't know this kid and I can't really say what I want without telling his business (because it's HIS business) but it's beyond the offer. Let me just say that if it was Elijah in Henry's shoes, I wouldn't let him go to UM. That being said...I'm praying things change.

I do not need to know his business. I don't want to know it either.

If we had other kids ranked higher than him and he's that hurt by that concept nothing I can do about it. Guess what life sucks and there's usually someone better than you out there. Get over it.

Having said that you're inferring one of two things either a family issue with Parrish which is none of my business or UM handling the recruiting situation so poorly the bridge is completely destroyed. It is curious you say you wouldn't let Elijah go to UM if he was in Henry's shoes so I'm going to assume the former because it wouldn't make any sense for you to trust a staff with your own child if they did something that f'ed up with a close family friend.

It's really simple for me. If he had a commitable offer and didn't commit that is his problem.

If he was told by UM that they had higher kids on their board and when they circled back he didn't have interest that's UM problem and he made his choice.

I do however think it is pure hypocrisy if he decommits to go to another school later on while still holding a grudge against the home team because clearly those schools did not want him either until he proved more on the field. His offers show this (assuming the list is up to date of course).

Just my :two cents:.

Again any kid rushing for that much in Dade should get a look and I'm a little annoyed with UM for going after a DFB kid of all places. It is what it is.

If he really wants to be here, he will be and it’s just that. Ray Lewis and Ed Reed getting late offers from Miami didn’t deter them from attending Miami. And if I’m not mistaken Parrish was offered months ago. Now at this moment it’s up to the coaches to win the recruitment now and he said last night he would consider it because its home
FF2C0237-64C0-4458-9F56-E492D97612FA.jpeg

Saw he retweeted this

If we had other kids ranked higher than him and he's that hurt by that concept nothing I can do about it. Guess what life sucks and there's usually someone better than you out there. Get over it.

Having said that you're inferring one of two things either a family issue with Parrish which is none of my business or UM handling the recruiting situation so poorly the bridge is completely destroyed. It is curious you say you wouldn't let Elijah go to UM if he was in Henry's shoes so I'm going to assume the former because it wouldn't make any sense for you to trust a staff with your own child if they did something that f'ed up with a close family friend.

It's really simple for me. If he had a commitable offer and didn't commit that is his problem.

If he was told by UM that they had higher kids on their board and when they circled back he didn't have interest that's UM problem and he made his choice.

I do however think it is pure hypocrisy if he decommits to go to another school later on while still holding a grudge against the home team because clearly those schools did not want him either until he proved more on the field. His offers show this (assuming the list is up to date of course).

Again any kid rushing for that much in Dade should get a look and I'm a little annoyed with UM for going after a DFB kid of all places. It is what it is.

Advertisement

Making a life decision about HIS life is not holding a grudge but ok. #youwon

Advertisement
Gonna need you to give me percentage of your likes from this post because this is a copyright violation. Clearly plagiarized this from my previous posts.

I read like 3 posts in this thread before I posted. I'll go back and look up yours, nice.

Athletic testing is almost pointless when it comes to running back. If all you got for Parrish is that he's not a strong athletic tester, may I suggest looking at Dalvin Cook, James Connor, Kareem Hunt, Matt Dayes (maybe a nice comp for Parrish), Tarik Cohen, among many others. All in the bottom 25% of athletic testers in the NFL at their position, most of them in the bottom 10%. It just doesn't matter.

I am not sure what else it'd be for Parrish. His numbers are out of control against the highest of competition.

Found it. Good ****.

Last edited:
Don't overthink this. Parrish has good RB traits. He's very agile and unpredictable so he consistently makes guys miss in open and confined space. His balance and run strength is exceptional for his size. He's not the most explosive guy but when you can break or evade tackles consistently and have enough speed to get to the edge...

This guy had almost 4000 yards from scrimmage in the ACC, 5.9 yards per touch and 40 TDs. Parrish has similar traits only better lateral agility.

look up his measurables here and you'll see how relevant testing #s are for college backs

100%. I keep hearing things from his detractors like, "he's too small" or "he does everything good but has no elite traits." Dude is elite at maintaining balance through contact, which is an underappreciated trait for a RB and one that I am not certain can be taught.

Advertisement
Oh not sure. We probably resurfaced before Bama but I’m sure he was receiving love from schools in the SEC and Big Ten before Miami jumped back on board.

us, tenn, au were like the first big schools to offer him (all happened within 1-2 days (Nov 8-9).

us, tenn, au were like the first big schools to offer him (all happened within 1-2 days (Nov 8-9).

And he chose AU. He had a coach on here who said they went to every camp and the staff pretty much felt he wasn’t good enough until he started getting more attention. I’m just saying, you can’t act as if the kid isn’t talented then try to show him love at the last minute. It’s one thing to communicate that there’s players ahead of you on the recruiting board. Some kids understand others take it personally but the coaches are being transparent but when you dont show interest for nearly a year then it’s an issue.

Advertisement
And he chose AU. He had a coach on here who said they went to every camp and the staff pretty much felt he wasn’t good enough until he started getting more attention. I’m just saying, you can’t act as if the kid isn’t talented then try to show him love at the last minute. It’s one thing to communicate that there’s players ahead of you on the recruiting board. Some kids understand others take it personally but the coaches are being transparent but when you dont show interest for nearly a year then it’s an issue.

to bw fair, we had crowley "locked" in early on

lol coaches. more machos looking for the hand out i bet.

Bruh it’s not unrealistic to believe that the coaches ignore talented players. And that’s fine. As long as you have someone better. The coaches can’t take everyone, however if you aren’t high on a player then you aren’t high. As of right now it appears the staff isn’t high on Parrish and last year until the last minute they weren’t high on DJ Williams. We’ll see what happens. We don’t have to try to justify their decisions. I know one thing for sure, if Parrish continues to ball he needs to become a priority.

Advertisement
Back