Henry Parrish, 2020 RB

Advertisement
Kid is a stud. Plays top comp and dominates them. Has great vision, good speed, is shifty, strong, and projects to be more than big enough to play at a high level in a top tier program.

Barry Sanders was only 5 foot 8, 200 pounds. Emmitt Smith was 5 foot 9, 210 pounds. Two of the best to ever lace them up. People gotta stop with this Radio/Folden type of **** where if you’re not a required height/weight, you can’t get an offer. It’s ridiculous.

You look at a kid’s tools first, then you take that kid and put him in Feeley’s program and watch out.

Manny and staff should swallow their pride on this one and tell the kid that they ***ked up, and give him a commitable offer. Just my two cents.

Pitt does have a legit track record on RBs getting to The League. People would be surprised by how many they actually have I think. But I think its a fair question as to why he seemingly isn't being pursued by at least the Big 3.

Also, I asked earlier but it isnt clear we are committed to taking two RBs this class. With Asa leaving maybe we are back in the game?
Fck the Big 3 (No Offense Ice Cube lol), you never recruit player's just based on who else is recruiting them.

Especially UF, my God since Fred Taylor have those Fck heads even produced a back that didn't bust?

Idk if we are taking 2 RB's in this class, but we need to. With Asa leaving & the possibility that Deejay could leave (not saying he will) & Lingard & Burns injury history we need to load up on backs for the next 2 classes.

Oh **** mama handing out a can of corrective tough love! You go ahead with your bad self. Hopefully if staff circles back on Parrish, you can add a little help.

Go Canes
I don't want no smoke 🤣 I just wanted to clear things up😊
Elijah has played with both of those boys since pop Warner, went to school with Chaney and now him and Parrish are playing together. I said that to say...I LOVE THEM ALL and it would be a blessing to see them on the same team. They are all great and bring their great differences to the table. I hope UM does circle back to Henry.

Advertisement
A lot of these guys rely on high school stats as the end all be all. You can be a monster in high school but at the next level you need to have certain attributes. Look at Chaney's measurables, speed, his testing numbers are off the chart ... Like a Dalvin Cook he will dominate the next level. A guy like yearby was super productive in high school playing against lesser players and it didn't translate to college because everyone there is bigger , stronger and faster. Yearby was exposed as an average back. Yet you listen to some people on here and it seems all they do is look at stats. Again there is a reason why he's not a take for ALL the big programs. You think Parrish is excited to go to Pitt ?? LMAOOOO...

Yearby still had a 1k yard season here and averaged over 5 ypc for his career. Were not talking about parrish being recruited as a RB1 get tour head out of your ***.

I don't want no smoke 🤣 I just wanted to clear things up😊
Elijah has played with both of those boys since pop Warner, went to school with Chaney and now him and Parrish are playing together. I said that to say...I LOVE THEM ALL and it would be a blessing to see them on the same team. They are all great and bring their great differences to the table. I hope UM does circle back to Henry.
By the way, how does your son like playing for Coach Dunn? Elijah is in the same boat I was when I was at Columbus, Coach Dunn was my HC my junior year and then Merritt came in my senior year.

It was certainly a big change but Coach Dunn is a great guy, hard nosed coach but he knows his stuff.

Advertisement
By the way, how does your son like playing for Coach Dunn? Elijah is in the same boat I was when I was at Columbus, Coach Dunn was my HC my junior year and then Merritt came in my senior year.

It was certainly a big change but Coach Dunn is a great guy, hard nosed coach but he knows his stuff.
Pretty much what you said. He loves his coaching style. His dad loves how Dunn is using him on both sides of the ball. I've heard nothing but great things about him.

I hope we circle back around to Parrish but there’s always 1 player that CIS cries over in every recruiting cycle saying the coaches ****ed up, need fired, we should have hire Coach x, y, z instead. Looks like Henry’s going to be that guy this cycle huh?

No matter how good of a class we end up signing, if we don’t get Parrish, we are doooooomed. We’re going to have to deal with this thread getting bumped every week after every nice run and big game with the same posters saying the same **** over and over.

Gonna be a lot of fun.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I hope we circle back around to Parrish but there’s always 1 player that CIS cries over in every recruiting cycle saying the coaches ****ed up, need fired, we should have hire Coach x, y, z instead. Looks like Henry’s going to be that guy this cycle huh?

No matter how good of a class we end up signing, if we don’t get Parrish, we are doooooomed. We’re going to have to deal with this thread getting bumped every week after every nice run and big game with the the same posters saying the same **** over and over.

Gonna be a lot of fun.
This is true
Desmond Phillips, javon Hamilton, plus others etc come to mind. But Parrish has more talent than those guys.

Ivins spoke to him. Parrish said other than Pitt only South Carolina is really recruiting him and they are on him hard. He has a nice relationship with Thomas Brown.

This is great news because we know Thomas Brown doesn’t recruit anyone hard.

Coach Merrit did mention in the states run last year that Parrish was the most under recruited, talented player he has had.

He was obviously trying to do what any coach would do and talk up his players. But the kid was playing out of his mind last year against top local talent and continues to show that.

I get why most fans don’t worry bc we have Chaney. But I will be as upset as anyone if this kid blows up, big offers come in, and then we try to get in on him way too late; especially given our potential need at Rb.

Very possible DJ could turn pro after this year and the same with Lingard and Cam the following year.

Advertisement
A lot of these guys rely on high school stats as the end all be all. You can be a monster in high school but at the next level you need to have certain attributes. Look at Chaney's measurables, speed, his testing numbers are off the chart ... Like a Dalvin Cook he will dominate the next level. A guy like yearby was super productive in high school playing against lesser players and it didn't translate to college because everyone there is bigger , stronger and faster. Yearby was exposed as an average back. Yet you listen to some people on here and it seems all they do is look at stats. Again there is a reason why he's not a take for ALL the big programs. You think Parrish is excited to go to Pitt ?? LMAOOOO...

Yearby had a 1,000 yd rushing year and 5.0 yards a carry one season. If Parrish can give us that...thats a take every class imo.

Advertisement
Back