Henry Parrish, 2020 RB

Advertisement
He's committed to Pitt... where are the big time programs offering this kid? Again.... Maybe this year he blows up, and improves physically everywhere.... But RIGHT NOW HE'S COMMITED TO TRASH PITT
Who cares where he is committed to? You’re still going about this like a rookie, stop looking at who’s offering. Kids is a no brainer take whether he was committed to us, Wyoming or not committed at all.

Yearby had a 1,000 yd rushing year and 5.0 yards a carry one season. If Parrish can give us that...thats a take every class imo.

I agree... And yearby was out main back that year if Im not mistaken. Guess who Miami landed? Don Chaney Jr. So my guess is that the staff in order for them to take a RB2 THIS YEAR they will have to take a big time guy to use up a valuable scholly on a RB.

Who cares where he is committed to? You’re still going about this like a rookie, stop looking at who’s offering. Kids is a no brainer take whether he was committed to us, Wyoming or not committed at all.
The problem is if the kid wants early PT, he ain't going to get it here. He is always going to be the #2 or #3 rb, unless you think he is better than Cam and Chaney... At Pitt, he maybe starting by year 2... Hey, some kids are smart, patience and want to protect their wheels, others don't think beyond lunch...

I think it is just upsetting since the kid is 10 minutes away from our campus. I’m guessing his recruitment will grow as the season continues. I am sure Miami can get back in the mix, I mean it’s only Pittsburgh

Yea, realistically speaking its not Pitt none of us are "worried" about. WHEN his recruitment picks up we'd hate to lose him to Bama, UGA, FSU, or UF ESPECIALLY being that he plays 10 mins from campus. I know this topic has been beaten with a dead horse and I'm on board with the direction of the coaching and such HOWEVER, I think this is the prime example why you need at least ONE ace recruiter/elevator on the team. Just one.... We can't have HUGE misses like this if we're trying to get back. Kids like Don Chaney are seen a mile away, those are obvious. Kids like this is the reason why you need a keen eye for talent on the team. Ed Reed was a 2-Star... We had the upper hand in proximity and gave it away to bum *** Pitt... Think about that for a sec...PITT... Can't miss like this moving forward...

Advertisement
Yea, realistically speaking its not Pitt none of us are "worried" about. WHEN his recruitment picks up we'd hate to lose him to Bama, UGA, FSU, or UF ESPECIALLY being that he plays 10 mins from campus. I know this topic has been beaten with a dead horse and I'm on board with the direction of the coaching and such HOWEVER, I think this is the prime example why you need at least ONE ace recruiter/elevator on the team. Just one.... We can't have HUGE misses like this if we're trying to get back. Kids like Don Chaney are seen a mile away, those are obvious. Kids like this is the reason why you need a keen eye for talent on the team. Ed Reed was a 2-Star... We had the upper hand in proximity and gave it away to bum *** Pitt... Think about that for a sec...PITT... Can't miss like this moving forward...

Staff still at this point may not see it as the "miss" many of us do.

Last edited:
A lot of these guys rely on high school stats as the end all be all. You can be a monster in high school but at the next level you need to have certain attributes. Look at Chaney's measurables, speed, his testing numbers are off the chart ... Like a Dalvin Cook he will dominate the next level. A guy like yearby was super productive in high school playing against lesser players and it didn't translate to college because everyone there is bigger , stronger and faster. Yearby was exposed as an average back. Yet you listen to some people on here and it seems all they do is look at stats. Again there is a reason why he's not a take for ALL the big programs. You think Parrish is excited to go to Pitt ?? LMAOOOO...

Yearby wasn't exposed as anything. He ran for 2,100 yards in 3 years with a 5.4 yards per carry average. He wasn't Dalvin, but he wasn't average. He had a 1,000 yard season as a sophomore.

It's simple if he's interested in making to an NC than he won't end up at Pitt. He wants a legitimate shot at going to the playoffs and maybe an NC appearance than he would consider UM if they came back at him.

Some kids don't care about championships and he seems to be that kind of kid.

Advertisement
Recruiting more than numbers..I say that to suggest who knows how anyone will project at the next level? Maybe UM coaches don’t like his projection, frame or maybe it’s something deeper.

I am almost certain UM was in on him but if they fell back they had their reasons. Who’s to say what the convo was with the kid initially. Maybe they put an offer out there early and said, “hey it’s yours if you commit now.” He May not of wanted to commit at that time and didn’t like how it rubbed him.

Clearly there are more players in SFLA that we don’t get then we do. Y’all act like RB is a need like CB or LB. I like aiming for the two best backs in the state and landing with just one. No matter how much you recruiting “gurus” knew Knighton wasn’t coming here.

With that being said, recruiting is fluid and you never know what conversations will be had before early and then National signing day.

You would of thought we learned our lesson from recruiting DJ Williams from Sebring. Kid was committed to App State and we didn’t care. Soon everyone offered and it came down to Auburn, Bama, & UGA then we tried to show love.

With all the dominant RBs who have come through Miami-Dade, do some of you not realize only a handul have ever eclipaed 2,000 yards rushing in a season? Not only has Parrish already accomoplished that, he sure as **** is on pace to have another 2,000 yard season this year as of yesterday's game. Not to mention he is doing this against the absolute BEST football competition in the country in 8A football.

Some guys who have eclipsed the 2K mark include Frank Gore, Troy Davis and Darren Davis. Some of you care to tell me how there careers faired at the college level? Point is, it is a pretty **** good indicator that Parrish will be a very good back at the next level.

And some of you need to do a little more homework before comparing backs. Like comparing Yearby to Parrish when it comes to speed. Yearby ran a 4.74 hand time at his PRO DAY, which means he is really a 4.8 LASER. Parrish as a JUNIOR in high school has already been clocked at 4.66 and mind you, that verified time is from his Sophomore season. I am willing to bet that has improved this season and once he gets into a college training program, can without question get that down to 4.5. Speed is NOT an issue at ALL with Parrish. He does not need to be a blazer. His speed is plenty good for the next level. He is also currently 5'10 180 LBs. He is not some tiny, miniscule back. He can easily get to 195-200 his 1st year at UM and he is well put together. Unlike Yearby who always looked a little sloppy.

This kid can flat out ball. This is just a bad eval and mistake by this staff not taking him when he was dying to come here.

Last edited:
Don't overthink this. Parrish has good RB traits. He's very agile and unpredictable so he consistently makes guys miss in open and confined space. His balance and run strength is exceptional for his size. He's not the most explosive guy but when you can break or evade tackles consistently and have enough speed to get to the edge...

This guy had almost 4000 yards from scrimmage in the ACC, 5.9 yards per touch and 40 TDs. Parrish has similar traits only better lateral agility.

look up his measurables here and you'll see how relevant testing #s are for college backs

Advertisement
Don't overthink this. Parrish has good RB traits. He's very agile and unpredictable so he consistently makes guys miss in open and confined space. His balance and run strength is exceptional for his size. He's not the most explosive guy but when you can break or evade tackles consistently and have enough speed to get to the edge...

This guy had almost 4000 yards from scrimmage in the ACC, 5.9 yards per touch and 40 TDs. Parrish has similar traits only better lateral agility.

look up his measurables here and you'll see how relevant testing #s are for college backs

Gonna need you to give me percentage of your likes from this post because this is a copyright violation. Clearly plagiarized this from my previous posts.

A lot of these guys rely on high school stats as the end all be all. You can be a monster in high school but at the next level you need to have certain attributes. Look at Chaney's measurables, speed, his testing numbers are off the chart ... Like a Dalvin Cook he will dominate the next level. A guy like yearby was super productive in high school playing against lesser players and it didn't translate to college because everyone there is bigger , stronger and faster. Yearby was exposed as an average back. Yet you listen to some people on here and it seems all they do is look at stats. Again there is a reason why he's not a take for ALL the big programs. You think Parrish is excited to go to Pitt ?? LMAOOOO...

Yearby got way too big trying to be feature back size that needed to hold up to 25 carries a game and lost his quicks. But quicks and vision he had. Was he 5 star? No. Cook was. But Yearby could have and should have had a better career if managed better by the staff.

You would of thought we learned our lesson from recruiting DJ Williams from Sebring. Kid was committed to App State and we didn’t care. Soon everyone offered and it came down to Auburn, Bama, & UGA then we tried to show love.

pretty sure we were on him before those schools

Advertisement
pretty sure we were on him before those schools

According to reports we ignored him and didn’t really push forward until his recruitment skyrocketed. He would have never been committed to App State if we were truly on him hard. Even if we contacted him first, you can’t tell a prospect they’re not good enough for nearly a year but then show love we they start getting attention from other big time programs.

According to reports we ignored him and didn’t really push forward until his recruitment skyrocketed. He would have never been committed to App State if we were truly on him hard. Even if we contacted him first, you can’t tell a prospect they’re not good enough for nearly a year but then show love we they start getting attention from other big time programs.

i meant the SEC schools.

He has reason to tho. I don't blame him. I hope things change and we can get him but I totally understand if he doesn't go to UM.

That is not the point. The out of state schools can do whatever they want but Miami is held to this ridiculous standard evaluative excellence.

There is also money involved (not inferring Parrish) but it is funny seeing kids leave who wanted an offer fooooooooooooorever and then get it and use it to spurn the home team. Maybe we had guys higher on our board? Guess what that is ok but to use that as some slight on Miami for not wanting Parrish whose committed to PITTSBURGH of all places is comical. What are his other power five offers? USCe? FAU? FIU?

Look don't get me wrong I think we should have gone after the kid, but come on.

Advertisement
Back