Henry Parrish, 2020 RB

I remember the first time I saw Edge at the U. He had come in to play in the 4th quarter of a blowout. My brother says, “that guy is gonna be the best RB that we’ve ever had at the U.”

For my money he’s right up there. The dude was a truck with great vision, speed and cutback ability. Still remember the 300 yard game against UCLA to end that season. He and Scott Covington willed us to a win.

Bruh when number 32 took the field as a freshman, I was like who is this dude.

He just ate up yardage.

I was distraught when we got massacred by McNabb and crew.

When Edge came back and ran for three bills and we upset UCLA, I knew everything was gonna be ok.

Advertisement
It doesn't sound like you've ever watched Edge play before.

The '99 game against UCLA was all the "highlight" any Cane fan had to see.

DIFFERENCE MAKER.

Was Edge a testing freak?

Did he blow you away with his highlights?

I think the answer to both is no. When I watch Edge highlights, he has nice cuts, good speed, and runs with strength. But he never wowed you with any one run. He was ALWAYS getting 5, 10, and 15 yard runs. Every now and then he would house a long one.

Some guys just have a knack for piling up yards. They don’t have Reggie Bush or Adrian Peterson highlights. But at the end of the game they got a 150-200 yards.

Parrish looks like one of these guys. Just a real football players.

Slow playing guys like him is why we end up with depth problems all over the place. Then we end up with 1 or 0 takes for cycles in a row, overcompensate and over sign, resulting in unbalanced teams and desperation 2 Star signings.

You build depth from the bottom up with PRODUCTIVE players who WANT IN. These type guys will give us strong balanced teams that dominate the coastal.

We not gonna beat Bama, Clemson, and uga overnight. You have to start somewhere and I think this way of thinking is the foundation.

Take strong talent that may not be the hyper elite, but produces. Recruit the top guys hard but stay in touch with the less heralded producers. DEVELOP who you sign and design the plays for them. No square pegging.

We could be winning 10 games annually, dominating the coastal and playing major bowls YEARLY even with the disadvantages we have in the bag game.

It’s troubling to me Miami doesn’t understand how this can make us strong.

Diaz seems to be taking steps in the right direction. How efully we keep improving.

It doesn't sound like you've ever watched Edge play before.

The '99 game against UCLA was all the "highlight" any Cane fan had to see.

DIFFERENCE MAKER.

Look at the cuts.

Look at the vision.

Look at the broken tackles.

Look how he is so patient, setting up blocks. He is always getting more yards after contact. Always falling forward.

He doesn’t “look” that fast. Even on that first td, he looks like he’s jogging.

None of those runs on their own look like all time plays. But all that YARDAGE. Over and over and over again.

He made it look so easy.

That’s why Edge is my favorite running back in the history of this storied program.

He's my favorite at the RB position, too.

And I think the best (at Miami).

If Gore were healthy, it'd probably be him, though.

Plenty of other good ones.

Look at the cuts.

Look at the vision.

Look at the broken tackles.

Look how he is so patient, setting up blocks. He is always getting more yards after contact. Always falling forward.

He doesn’t “look” that fast. Even on that first td, he looks like he’s jogging.

None of those runs on their own look like all time plays. But all that YARDAGE. Over and over and over again.

He made it look so easy.

That’s why Edge is my favorite running back in the history of this storied program.

Advertisement
He's my favorite at the RB position, too.

And I think the best (at Miami).

If Gore were healthy, it'd probably be him, though.

Plenty of other good ones.

To me Edge is the guy who took us from the dark, evil days of 97 and brought hope for a return to glory.

It was bad watching Scott getting bow tied round the goal post. Complete despair.

Edge took it by the horns and put the team on his back and showed we wasn’t dead.

The golds. The dreads. Edge was a beast on the field and cool as f*ck. Just can’t say enough about what he did for the program.

Not to mention Gore....

How amazing is it that a sure fire hall of fame runner is talked about how good he could have been without injuries? Reconstructed knees on multiple occasions and still productive after all these years.

It’s great to be a Miami Hurricane.

Edge is probably the most complete back in UM history, his pass pro was elite and at the next level, he was a great pass catcher with Manning. If he came back in 99, I still say that team couldve played for a national title or had at least two less losses. He was that dominant by the end of 98

Best balance Ive seen from any back at Miami and great understanding of pad level and always seemed to lean forward for a yard or two after being tackled

Did you just honestly just ask, if "Edge" blew us away with his Highlights??

its funny, but in the Canesport recruiting video(yeah, I got all of them, lol, on VHS) his segment was just a bunch of tough 8-10 yard runs, unlike James Jackson, who had a bunch of long runs (50-plus yard plays) from the prep school he was at for a year. James was tough and physical, but you didn't seen any splash plays

Then you go to our season opener vs Memphis in 96 and the way he moved his feet and burst upfield, I remember going 'Whoooaaa, who is THIS?!?!" He just had 'it'.

Why is this thread still going on about what is now an opponent.

Let it go or go to Pittsburgh site and start a tears post.

If someone doesn’t want to be a Cane then cut the cord it’s what they want so be it.

GOCANES

Advertisement
The thing with Edge is he vastly improved each year. He went from carrying the ball like Tate on QB runs as a frosh to high and tight as a sophomore. He got much faster every season as well. I wasn’t joking when I said earlier Edge ran a 4.9 40 in HS. That’s from the horses mouth. He’s the most underrated Cane of all time by the UM and NFL fans. He could do it all. He took Marshall Faulks job because he could actually pass protect. Manning’s career would’ve been much shorter with out Edge blocking, running, and catching. Yet Marvin and Reggie get most of the credit.

Edge didn’t have jaw dropping highlights in my opinion.

He looked really good, but not otherworldly

He made running the ball look real easy. A ten yard run was just ho him to him and he did it over and over and over.

Next thing you look up, he got 200 yards.

Other backs look flashier, but don’t get that consistent chunk yardage the way Edge did.

It ok to admit you're wrong. You don't have to double down on an idiotic statement.

Wasn’t blessed to watch edgerrin James at Miami but did get to see the rbs from Clinton Portis on play. Imo Willis mcgahee had the most dynamic year a rb has ever had at UM in 2002-2003

Advertisement
Wasn’t blessed to watch edgerrin James at Miami but did get to see the rbs from Clinton Portis on play. Imo Willis mcgahee had the most dynamic year a rb has ever had at UM in 2002-2003
Agreed, he was insane that year

Amazing our D gave up 670 yds and 45 pts in that game - crazy. UCLA was good, but ****.

Remember it well, Edge kept us in the game.

Advertisement
The beauty of the UCLA game was not only watching the Edge have the greatest day I have ever personally witnesses a Miami RB have against a quality team, but the fact it erased the stench of the beatdown we suffered on national TV the week before. The Syracuse game was a pure horror show. But the momentum it gave us going into post season with the win against NC St was incredible.

I had the blessing to play against edge in high school when he was running for Immokalee and he broke one of the state records against us that game. After the game was paused to award him, we ended up crushing him at the goaline before halftime. He never returned to the game due to broken collar bone. We won the game but you knew he would go on to do special things. He **** sure trucked me like *****

Advertisement
Back