Henry Parrish, 2020 RB

Advertisement
Was Edge a testing freak?

Did he blow you away with his highlights?

I think the answer to both is no. When I watch Edge highlights, he has nice cuts, good speed, and runs with strength. But he never wowed you with any one run. He was ALWAYS getting 5, 10, and 15 yard runs. Every now and then he would house a long one.

Some guys just have a knack for piling up yards. They don’t have Reggie Bush or Adrian Peterson highlights. But at the end of the game they got a 150-200 yards.

Parrish looks like one of these guys. Just a real football players.

Slow playing guys like him is why we end up with depth problems all over the place. Then we end up with 1 or 0 takes for cycles in a row, overcompensate and over sign, resulting in unbalanced teams and desperation 2 Star signings.

You build depth from the bottom up with PRODUCTIVE players who WANT IN. These type guys will give us strong balanced teams that dominate the coastal.

We not gonna beat Bama, Clemson, and uga overnight. You have to start somewhere and I think this way of thinking is the foundation.

Take strong talent that may not be the hyper elite, but produces. Recruit the top guys hard but stay in touch with the less heralded producers. DEVELOP who you sign and design the plays for them. No square pegging.

We could be winning 10 games annually, dominating the coastal and playing major bowls YEARLY even with the disadvantages we have in the bag game.

It’s troubling to me Miami doesn’t understand how this can make us strong.

Diaz seems to be taking steps in the right direction. How efully we keep improving.
I have no ide what Edge did in HS as far as highlights go. I have no idea how he tested. I don't get your post outside of taking a commit from Parrish. At the end of the day the staff didn't feel the need to go hard for him. Other than that you basically reached the same point I reached with a lot more words lol.

Too good for miami but want to be up uga, bama, Clemson *** no matter when they pursue you? Backward *** mentality some of these recruits and their constituents have.
Lol made me think of O Brother Where Art Thou " Is you is or is you ain't my constituents"

I have no ide what Edge did in HS as far as highlights go. I have no idea how he tested. I don't get your post outside of taking a commit from Parrish. At the end of the day the staff didn't feel the need to go hard for him. Other than that you basically reached the same point I reached with a lot more words lol.

I was just expanding on an idea your post gave me.

No disagreement.

Advertisement
Edge ran a 4.38 40. He was a freak of an athlete. Folks, stop making things up.

That’s the first I ever heard of Edge running a sub 4.4 40.

He never looked like that type blazer, and I watched all his games, even back when he was # 32.

Edge ran a 4.38 40. He was a freak of an athlete. Folks, stop making things up.

Looked it up.

You are right. I stand corrected.

I guess it was his stride. To me he didn’t seem that fast. I always thought he got those runs from his vision and cutting.

Guess he was more of a fast 40 acceleration guy than a a 100 blazing sprinter.

He seemed to break down a bit in form on long runs, but he had a heavy workload some games so it was probably just fatigue.

That’s the first I ever heard of Edge running a sub 4.4 40.

He never looked like that type blazer, and I watched all his games, even back when he was # 32.

Ran that at the combine. Not sure how you didn't see that - ever wonder how he loved to bounce runs to the outside and defenses couldn't stop it in college and the pros? He was fast, built like a tank, explosive, etc.

Advertisement
Looked it up.

I guess it was his stride. To me he didn’t seem that fast. I always thought he got those runs from his vision and cutting.

He seemed to break down a bit in form on long runs, but he had a heavy workload some games so it was probably just fatigue.

Agree he had the vision & cutting too. He was just a complete all around back. And with the speed he still didn't shy away from contact.

Well sir Both Holmes and Parrish wanted to be Canes. Holmes Dad especially both Him and His Son grew up Cane Fans. He had his Dad blessing. Stop making excuses for an incompetent offensive staff. South Florida football is Speed first remember that. I watched the Gators win Championships with backs who on average were 5'8 to 5'10... But they could turn 5 to 50. That's what Florida Football is all about. Remember the History of this Program and we'll win. Mookie Cooper should've been a take at Runningback. That was our Santana Moss right there. This staff is trying to be picky we lost to Duke STFU and get back to South Florida football.
Anybody mentioning the gayturds stink...
tenor.gif

Too good for miami but want to be up uga, bama, Clemson *** no matter when they pursue you? Backward *** mentality some of these recruits and their constituents have.

Or it just shows that we’re on the same level as Pitt for a lot of these recruits and not in the same ballpark as the bag schools. Hard to argue.

Agree he had the vision & cutting too. He was just a complete all around back. And with the speed he still didn't shy away from contact.

That’s one of the things I remember most about him. He rarely got pushed back and always got yards after contact.

He was super patient, too. He never looked hurried looked hurried or ran up the backs of his blockers.

That stride was deceptive. I always saw him as a low 4.5, high 4.4 guy.

Advertisement
Ran that at the combine. Not sure how you didn't see that - ever wonder how he loved to bounce runs to the outside and defenses couldn't stop it in college and the pros? He was fast, built like a tank, explosive, etc.

I remember the first time I saw Edge at the U. He had come in to play in the 4th quarter of a blowout. My brother says, “that guy is gonna be the best RB that we’ve ever had at the U.”

For my money he’s right up there. The dude was a truck with great vision, speed and cutback ability. Still remember the 300 yard game against UCLA to end that season. He and Scott Covington willed us to a win.

Was Edge a testing freak?

Did he blow you away with his highlights?

I think the answer to both is no. When I watch Edge highlights, he has nice cuts, good speed, and runs with strength. But he never wowed you with any one run. He was ALWAYS getting 5, 10, and 15 yard runs. Every now and then he would house a long one.

Some guys just have a knack for piling up yards. They don’t have Reggie Bush or Adrian Peterson highlights. But at the end of the game they got a 150-200 yards.

Parrish looks like one of these guys. Just a real football players.

Slow playing guys like him is why we end up with depth problems all over the place. Then we end up with 1 or 0 takes for cycles in a row, overcompensate and over sign, resulting in unbalanced teams and desperation 2 Star signings.

You build depth from the bottom up with PRODUCTIVE players who WANT IN. These type guys will give us strong balanced teams that dominate the coastal.

We not gonna beat Bama, Clemson, and uga overnight. You have to start somewhere and I think this way of thinking is the foundation.

Take strong talent that may not be the hyper elite, but produces. Recruit the top guys hard but stay in touch with the less heralded producers. DEVELOP who you sign and design the plays for them. No square pegging.

We could be winning 10 games annually, dominating the coastal and playing major bowls YEARLY even with the disadvantages we have in the bag game.

It’s troubling to me Miami doesn’t understand how this can make us strong.

Diaz seems to be taking steps in the right direction. How efully we keep improving.
Did you just honestly just ask, if "Edge" blew us away with his Highlights??

Edge still my top 3 favorite Canes ever. I was 8 at the UCLA game. Dude was incredible. And then got drafted ahead of Heisman winner Ricky Williams.

Advertisement
After talking to a few sources since the Asa Martin transfer, the initial take from Parrish and his family is that they are done with Miami and happy with Pitt. The only way he leaves is if it is for a Bama/UGA/Clemson type. So not good for UM if they decide they want Parrish after all and there would be heavy-lifting to do, but we'll see what happens if/when Miami starts to press him.
LOL, he can freeze his *** in Pitt.

Looked it up.

Yea and John Robinson used to tell Eric ****erson to run harder because he made it look so effortless. ****erson told him something like just watch them try to catch me if you think I'm not running hard enough.

Did you just honestly just ask, if "Edge" blew us away with his Highlights??

Edge didn’t have jaw dropping highlights in my opinion.

He looked really good, but not otherworldly

He made running the ball look real easy. A ten yard run was just ho him to him and he did it over and over and over.

Next thing you look up, he got 200 yards.

Other backs look flashier, but don’t get that consistent chunk yardage the way Edge did.

Advertisement
Back