Help me understand the uproar over Lane

I've always been fascinated by how these guys get so much better and worse without playing a game.

having a positive interview about liking the canes can make a player a bit more talented.

you knew that, bruh.

You ain't nevah lied
Dixon has about 20 min of highlights of contested catches which would worry me no matter how good he does in 7 vs 7's and camps

I've said I liked JoJo a bit more than Dixon and I stick by that. Obviously I am probably the only one that thinks that, including JoJo's mom but at this point I want to see Dixon prove it in games, though his camp performances can't be ignored. One game in and I am sure I will change my mind but I don't see the point just going by camps.

Advertisement
Lol @ y'all saying Lane isn't important

Be serious, he is elite. Not better than Waters? Lmao please

Lol @ y'all saying Lane isn't important

Be serious, he is elite. Not better than Waters? Lmao please

He is a better prospect than Waters out of high school, but he wouldn't play over Waters if he was at Miami right now.

Advertisement
Coley or Lane? Who is better?

the answer is always the one we don't have.

for instance

Duke vs. Sony

I bet there's a lot of people picking Sony there because to them unproven-limitless potential

Based on film I'd take duke over sony every day but I still like sony over yearby as for coley over lane I think coley looks more explosive

Advertisement
I really want Lane because of what I've been reading about him for three years now. That said, the state of Miami always produces great athletes and great receivers and this cycle is especially loaded. We should do well here even if Lane goes SEC. We'll get our share of talented pass catchers. It's a separate but related issue, but I really want us to land Khairi Clark. Not getting him after not getting the joker last year would hurt more because so few elite DT come out of SF each year. I think Golden is approaching this the right way though in casting his net as widely as possible.

didnt last week someone posted that some players were saying all he talks about is miami they dont get why he deosnt commit already?

That was me.

That's what my players tell me. They know him personally through the whole 7-on-7 circuit.

I also hear that he can only run vertical routes. I've never seen him play personally.

-if lane comes out he becomes a must get again
-if he names bama as leader, hes not that good (insert another 2014 wr)
-its okay for cook to be at florida but not okay for sony to be at Georgia
-whatever thread pops up is automatically our position of need

tried to sum it up sounds about right?

It just gets ******* old that everytime that so many of these super talented kids from Dade & Broward end up selling out the program and going elsewhere. We could make an all star team out of these kids.

Advertisement
from what ive heard and have read when things get tough for him he just shuts down that was from rivals camp also hearing that press gives him **** not a huge deal cause that can be fixed with muscle and technique not really concerning things but just food for thought dont no if its true havent seen him play just putting what i hear

I'd put it this way if we lost Lane it wouldn't be as big of blow as us losing Sony Michel or possibly Dalvin Cook those are what you call catastrophic losses.

I don't even consider those two to be catastrophic losses. Patrick Peterson is the only one I consider a catastrophic loss

Its very simple Lane is a very good player at a position we have very good depth at. If he signs here great but it seems as though he is SEC bound.

Advertisement
you guys are funny..

Ermon Lane is arguably the best wr in FLA the last two yrs....you DONT let that kid out of your backyard.

Keep in mind i was one of the only ones on the Coley bandwagon from early, when most didnt want him because attitude/grades.

Lane is a BEAST..and a must get..

It would be a loss all the way....he has friends and former teammates on the **** team...a family member/friend as a coach...is from a feeder school...has a skill set not currently on the team.

you guys are funny..

Ermon Lane is arguably the best wr in FLA the last two yrs....you DONT let that kid out of your backyard.

Keep in mind i was one of the only ones on the Coley bandwagon from early, when most didnt want him because attitude/grades.

It would be a loss all the way....he has friends and former teammates on the **** team...a family member/friend as a coach...is from a feeder school...has a skill set not currently on the team.

He ain't better than Coley.

He ain't better than Rudolph.

If he comes...great

If he doesn't...great

you guys are funny..

Prop Joe,

I think everyone wants Lane to be a part of our class. There is no denying his ability either. Some just are not as concerned because it is only June and there is a lot of time left.

"If Omar coming for any of us, he coming for me, and out of respect for that man's skill set, I'm gonna take myself outa the lineup after the meet tomorrow."

you guys are funny..

Prop Joe,

I think everyone wants Lane to be a part of our class. There is no denying his ability either. Some just are not as concerned because it is only June and there is a lot of time left.

"If Omar coming for any of us, he coming for me, and out of respect for that man's skill set, I'm gonna take myself outa the lineup after the meet tomorrow."

Im not concerned at all...im just like u guys. I just hate the ..."he is not a t a position of need" b.s. that is spewed...or he isnt motivated..(wow it only came after hearing were supposed not a leader)....Just keep it 100 and Prop Joe willd o the same.

He's so much better than Rudolph...that are coach were recruiting Rudolph *** as a cb..a position he wasnt even interested in.

I want Rudolph in this class....but dont get ahead or get full of yourself...Ermon Lane is a grown a$$ man out there....lol..can someone post the pic of MNW having two cbs lined up covering him side by side and him going up and bombing the both of them.

Advertisement
Back