Help me understand the uproar over Lane

rangerbrother

Recruit
I have never seen him play. But I have heard from people down there that press coverage gives him **** is the case? Typically when I am told about a great player from there it is the like of a Sean Taylor, Duke, Frank Gore (whom they still say is 3 times better than any player they have ever seem come through the area) and it is a consensus. But I have heard different thoughts on Lane that varies from average to great. If he stepped on campus next year where would he rank on our depth chart assuming all non seniors returned?

Advertisement
I have never seen him play. But I have heard from people down there that press coverage gives him **** is the case? Typically when I am told about a great player from there it is the like of a Sean Taylor, Duke, Frank Gore (whom they still say is 3 times better than any player they have ever seem come through the area) and it is a consensus. But I have heard different thoughts on Lane that varies from average to great. If he stepped on campus next year where would he rank on our depth chart assuming all non seniors returned?

The kid definetely needs to work on his strength. He would not come on campus and leapfrog over guys like Rayshawn Scott, or Dorsett off the bat. He probably would play from day one though. He is the type of kid that excels at running posts, fades, bubble screens, outs and 9 routes. It will take time for him to learn how to run the inside routes like slants, crosses, and square ins. He will be able to out athlete most 16 to 17 year old kids this year but he won't come in and out muscle 22 year old dbs as a true freshman. If I had to compare Ermon to someone it would probably be Travis Benjamin except Lane probably has better hands than Travis even at this point in his career. Lane also attacks the ball a bit better. Wherever he goes he will contribute right away but he will need at least 2 years before he truly shines.

definitely feel he's a bit overrated. there are at least 4 guys in florida as good as him. he isn't head and shoulders above the comp as people try to make it seem.

from what ive heard and have read when things get tough for him he just shuts down that was from rivals camp also hearing that press gives him **** not a huge deal cause that can be fixed with muscle and technique not really concerning things but just food for thought dont no if its true havent seen him play just putting what i hear

Advertisement
from what ive heard and have read when things get tough for him he just shuts down that was from rivals camp also hearing that press gives him **** not a huge deal cause that can be fixed with muscle and technique not really concerning things but just food for thought dont no if its true havent seen him play just putting what i hear

I'd put it this way if we lost Lane it wouldn't be as big of blow as us losing Sony Michel or possibly Dalvin Cook those are what you call catastrophic losses.

it would be a blow cause its a great south florida player but when u can land dixon and another good wr its not that bad

Kid is a monster at the Go route, that's about it. I like Langham in traffic better, I like Langham's size better, and I like Langham in coverage better. Only thing Lane has on most is the hype. I never understood why people got so hyped over south Florida wide receivers, they grow on fuggin' trees.

The truth of the matter is losing Lane is not the problem there are plenty of WR's in Florida this year. The problem is a few teams sticking a flag in south Florida. While FSU got kicked out with the loss of Coley and Eddie Gran, Bama and UF have made it real clear they are out for blood.

Advertisement
The truth of the matter is losing Lane is not the problem there are plenty of WR's in Florida this year. The problem is a few teams sticking a flag in south Florida. While FSU got kicked out with the loss of Coley and Eddie Gran, Bama and UF have made it real clear they are out for blood.

sure has especially since Florida got that early Cook commit. Just feel strongly it doesn't stick and Miami lands him in the end. What a shame with Sony though ****

Speaking of out for blood...

3.jpg:large

Agree with our gator companion. At any point in the recruiting cycle for '14, saying Lane and Cook to Florida sounds awful. We're losing talent (cook more of a need position) out of our backyard and 2 schools we usually get guys from

Advertisement
LOL. When you start seeing threads like this, you know the kid is as good as gone............next?

Yes because some random poster was inquiring about the kid. There is a Bronco's coach on here, he may be the only real connection to the kid.

He's a stud with a super high ceiling but I don't think he's the transcendent defense-altering type that some were portraying. I'm not sweating him nearly as bad as I have some other SoFla bluechippers. That said, I'd LOVE to have him and think he could be great.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back