He’s being thorough

We can’t have any weak Corches on the staff to compensate for Mario coRchin’ abilities
His hiring meant we needed to nail the OC and DC positions. We need serious Xs and Os coaches in those positions. If we hire some recruiting guru that can't scheme his way out of a wet paper bag, it'll quickly turn into Open Mario season around here.

Advertisement
Yes, we've sucked for almost 20 years. I am optimistic now because we are spending more money and we got our guy (over competition) in the AD and HC searches. Let's see how the staff looks like in spring.
excited ralph wiggum GIF

I'm sure Mario was thorough enough when he decided to take the job that he knew how a lot of the fans would react to his approach. Anything other than a constant stream of good news and the sky is falling.

Yes, we've sucked for almost 20 years. I am optimistic now because we are spending more money and we got our guy (over competition) in the AD and HC searches. Let's see how the staff looks like in spring.

Spending money on who ? Mario doesn’t seem to be able to give the money away…and one if the guys he gave it to ( not counting TRob ) ended up giving it back…He can’t even coax a guy from Houston to come here with this big bag of money he has to spend.

Advertisement
Please stop with this nonsense, fact is Mario is having trouble filling his staff (and keeping them for that matter). Guess he wasn’t so “thorough” when vetting T-Rob and McClendon :noidea:
The question is whether you have been as through as Mike Cornvell.

I’m confused on how dmoney would be in the wrong at all by saying let’s see how it plays out? His strategy as a fan is let’s wait and see before making judgement. You’re acting like it was his strategy making all of these hires. As a fan what’s the alternative strategy than to be patient? Complain on this board?
If the only optoin as a fan strategy was to be patient this board wouldn't exist.

Advertisement
Two things can be equally true but most of our Fanbase can’t handle complexity. You can be kind of annoyed that we are losing coaches and at the same time not be super stressed that it’s not all going to be in a good shape at the right point anyway

If the only optoin as a fan strategy was to be patient this board wouldn't exist.
This subject on patience is in regards only to the hiring of staff and let’s see how it plays out. This board as a lot more to offer than the time it has taken to hire coaches.

Advertisement
Advertisement
It's certainly not time to panic but at this point it's fair to raise a certain amount of skepticism about his process. Let's look at the facts:

1. He has a giant coffer to pay coaches with only being rivaled by the heavy hitters of the sport.
2. He's had almost 2 months to hire staff
3. When we brought him back he took a long time deciding... to the point that it hurt the university's public perception with Manny
4. Recruits have been open about their concern on the lack of hires

In context the enthusiasm and influx of $ that the university signaled with his hire has been phenomenal. No one can complain that the university is not serious about football. I hope he hires an amazing staff and years from now we're all happy with the results. But saying that we should stick our heads in the sand and say "nothing to see here" is disingenuous. I truly believe that he's taking his time doing his due diligence and certainly hope it plays out wonderfully BUT fans do have a legitimate concern regarding the timeline of his hires.
Co-signed. It's been a confusing, and quite frankly, embarrassing process. Just because you support the program doesn't mean you have to blindly support foolishness. The process has gone on too long and has been handled poorly. Anthony Campanile should not be your DC. Why wasn't anyone else clamoring for him with all the coaching turnover this off-season? With what the school is committing in resources, a failed Boston College DC does not justify this drawn out and pathetic process. He needs to get it together.

We fired Blake James and hired Clemson’s AD. There was a lot of heartburn and impatience along the way.

Let’s see how it plays out.
2 months is plenty patient. stop with the excuse making. it isn't normal to have 3 coaches on staff (on field) after 8 weeks. if this were Manny, wed be crushing him hard and he would deserve it. the issue for me is that I do trust Mario bc hes proven himself but we thought it'd be an easier time to get his guys on board than it has been.

McClendon wasnt impressive from an Xs and Os perspective (just ask South Carolina fans who insist he was a complete train wreck). Sure he’s a good recruiter but I believe our recruiting will be fine without him. At this juncture I would allow the new OC to choose the remaining open positions on offense.

ive also seen people say he isn't a good developer of talent either. if that's the case, beyond the recruiting upgrade, likens may have been a better option overall.

Advertisement
Back