He’s being thorough

Nah, it's the same posters
:sideeyes:
949D98ED-EC7D-4735-A094-4352A59A5E9F.jpeg

Advertisement
If we rewind to early December when he was hired, if anyone on this board expected us to lose our two best coaches and not have a complete staff by February they are lying. This is not even taking into account the so called mega money we have and are ready to throw around. This is a **** show
True nobody thought that... But looking at Mario at his previous stops it's pretty typical for him to wait until February to make hires.

we don't have to agree with it but clearly he turned his sole focus towards recruiting before next Wednesday signing day. It's not like we're not going to have coaches next year, calling it a sh*t show is over dramatic imo

The losses wouldn’t hurt as much if we were hiring people that we could get excited about, which would allow us to shift our focus there.

Instead, crickets for almost 2 months.
That's a total contradiction. If you weren't excited about BMac then why does this loss hurt???

You guys need to take breaks in the off-season if you're this dramatic about coaches leaving for Alma maters and to play with Saban (like Mario did back in the day)

Oregon lost Mario to us because we're the Alma mater.

We lost bmac to UGA - his Alma mater

We lost t rob to Saban -

I'd say there's plenty of context involved in all of this and to not get too worked up. Zoom out and see that it's not as good or as bad as we ever believe it to be

A lot of WE LOST...

Where is the We GAINED?.

Hire your **** coordinators who can bring in there guys. Pretty simple

Advertisement
That's a total contradiction. If you weren't excited about BMac then why does this loss hurt???
Huh??

I’m saying we have nothing to be excited about right now. The last few weeks have been a nightmare.

Losing B-Mac sucks, but if I had a thread I could go to talking up our new OC or DC hire, it would soften the blow.

It should never take someone this long to make important hires. It's one thing to take your time to get it right, but it's another to take your time, strike out over and over, then settle on someone, only to try to hype them up as a grand slam hire. I'm afraid that's what is going to happen. We'll hire some dude that Mario will swear was his first choice, and we'll all be left shaking our heads.

My biggest concern with Mario was who he'd hire as OC and DC. I was not concerned that he wouldn't be able to, AT ALL.

Advertisement
maybe but as soon as we were discussing pizza on the board, we lost a coach and a recruit. Crap time. Lol

Advertisement
Advertisement
McClendon wasnt impressive from an Xs and Os perspective (just ask South Carolina fans who insist he was a complete train wreck). Sure he’s a good recruiter but I believe our recruiting will be fine without him. At this juncture I would allow the new OC to choose the remaining open positions on offense.

It's certainly not time to panic but at this point it's fair to raise a certain amount of skepticism about his process. Let's look at the facts:

1. He has a giant coffer to pay coaches with only being rivaled by the heavy hitters of the sport.
2. He's had almost 2 months to hire staff
3. When we brought him back he took a long time deciding... to the point that it hurt the university's public perception with Manny
4. Recruits have been open about their concern on the lack of hires

In context the enthusiasm and influx of $ that the university signaled with his hire has been phenomenal. No one can complain that the university is not serious about football. I hope he hires an amazing staff and years from now we're all happy with the results. But saying that we should stick our heads in the sand and say "nothing to see here" is disingenuous. I truly believe that he's taking his time doing his due diligence and certainly hope it plays out wonderfully BUT fans do have a legitimate concern regarding the timeline of his hires.

We fired Blake James and hired Clemson’s AD. There was a lot of heartburn and impatience along the way.

Let’s see how it plays out.

Same heartburn with firing Manny and hiring Oregon's HC.

I'll judge the hires once they are made. And if there is proof that the timeframe was a factor, I will take that into account at that time too.

McClendon wasnt impressive from an Xs and Os perspective (just ask South Carolina fans who insist he was a complete train wreck). Sure he’s a good recruiter but I believe our recruiting will be fine without him. At this juncture I would allow the new OC to choose the remaining open positions on offense.
I read somewhere that is what Candle wanted to do, but Mario wasn’t down with it. I’m not worried about a WR coach as much as I am about an OC and a DC. But I ain’t sweatin’ It neither. Mario is the best coach we’ve had since Butch (and better than burned out Richt) so I have faith he’ll get it right. He’s already proven it at a major program that did not want him to leave. But believe the fact that the day Miami hired Mario, the rest of CFB woke up and said “Oh ****”.

Advertisement
Back