Haye and Collins

Advertisement
Work ethic alone between the two is night and day different .
I hear no necessity to jump on the Collins bandwagon especially if we’re in it for Taylor. Pair him with Haye and we have a nightmare scenario for opposing offenses with those 2 collapsing the pocket up the middle. Our DE’s will rack up sacks in droves if Taylor or Haye doesn’t get to the QB first. Getting unreal talent, especially one as raw as Haye is will only serve for equal talent wanting to play DT at Miami in the future. Coach Steoud can really bring Haye along and with the other DT, put the scare in OC’s around the ACC.

Know these (facts) I would say as a prospect Hate is better. Barely playing football coming from basketball love that. Still like Collins but like haye more

I don't know, Paranos. If the kid were a grinder, that would be one thing. But remember when we felt we absolutely had to get the Killer Bs (Bryant, Bain and Bostwick) and Valentine. We had to get all those guys because of how talent they were. We stuck out on all 4. Bryant and Valentine were lazy as fck and amounted to nothing, Bain got in all sorts of trouble and disappeared. Bostwick was a JAG with the Gators.

DTs who have character issues better be Gerald Willis level or better. Otherwise, treat them like the third rail.

It's a long term mistake to drop Savion Collins he has only been playing football 2yrs also and his first year as mentioned you can tell he didn't get very good technical coaching. as he develops cache of dline moves he will improve significantly he has already made strides on the brief 000camp circuit this spring. The problem with Collins is he is feeling his 4* rating a little to much and because he is tied to UF recruiting the scouting services won't drop his rankings. I am hoping the adults in the room wake and get this kid to solidify his commitment to UM.

UM doesn't like that he has been running his mout openly about his gator for love almost a year despite being committed to UM. UM coaches are in their feelings about this ignoring the fact that kids that big and athletic don't grow on trees. Also he is 1-Tech or O-Tech in college whom's primary role is control their gaps while also pushing to collapse the pocket from the inside out. With good techinical coaching and a redshirt year Collins will be a solid rotational 20-30 snap player as a R-Fr and R-Soph. An Haye a has just an equally bright projected future as a 0or 1 Tech also but is a better interior pass rusher at this point in his development.

Here is his junior highlights (he does jump on a few tackles to pad his states. You can see Collins # 99 lined next to Lenoard Taylor # 56

Go Canes

Collins doesn’t want to be here, simple as that. Why infect our locker room with some who’d rather be at UF?

You know to this day Collins still hasn’t said anything positive about Miami publicly since he started talking about UF. You don’t think coaches monitor that kind of stuff?

Last edited:
Advertisement
Collins is a future NFL Guard if he would make the switch. Doesn't make plays at DT.

If Collins plans on doing a Jadien on us making us show up with letters to sign then pull out a turds hat and go turds .

Sometimes you get just what you did to good people backfire in your face maybe not now but eventually those good people will be the butt you kiss down the line YOU NEVER EVER KNOW.

Jadian I’m sure now wishes in every way he’d stayed home with The U whom has the athlete best interest at heart AND there home from family.

The Playmaker always says to recruits think 10-15 years down the road there’s no City other there then Miami and the U that brings MORE opportunities then Miami with national and international business , Legal , medical and other fields of expertise contacts then YOUR FAMILY AT THE U.

Collins is a future NFL Guard if he would make the switch. Doesn't make plays at DT.

Don't tell the Gaytors. They'll try to snatch him, change his position, and then claim credit for his DT recruiting ranking a la Turdbarrel Slaton.

Advertisement
Haye has Corey Liuget upside & a work ethic to support it.

Collins has good upside too, but the problem is there's a question as to whether or not he's gonna work hard to maximize his potential.

Collins is gonna need hard coaching & to be motivated externally to be as good as he can be.

Haye is internally motivated, you don't have to beg him to make the extra effort.

Advertisement
I don't profess to know a lot about DLs, but in drills in the video, are we seeing DLs who project more as a 0 or 1 tech struggle as their main job is to occupy blocks vs. penetrate?

I don't profess to know a lot about DLs, but in drills in the video, are we seeing DLs who project more as a 0 or 1 tech struggle as their main job is to occupy blocks vs. penetrate?
Don’t look so much as results. Look at body, feet/hands, athleticism. These 1 on 1 ‘s aren’t realistic but you can see some traits. Otherwise, they are worthless.

Advertisement
Haye reminds me of Brandon Mebane. Short, stout and explosive.

He was 6’1 260-70 coming out of high school in California

He’s 6-1 290 pounds with arms of a larger man. He gets excellent push and plays with a high motor. He’s a little raw on film, but a major disrupting fairly athletic DT. Kind of kid who ends up a 4 star kid. That’s my take. What I’m saying is, i think he’s worth being mentioned right up there with Collins but not with Taylor. Few are though. Maybe the kid Payne from Michigan or Smith from La are in Taylor’s class.

Advertisement
Back