Haye and Collins

bscane

Recruit
Premium
Can someone that has seen both or has knowledge explain why we would keep Haye and be willing lose Collins? Is Haye just that much better? I would think we would fight to keep Collins to have more pull with the Palmetto crew, especially if we are only taking 2 DTs. Maybe it doesn’t matter, just trying to better understand the staff’s reasoning.

Advertisement
Can someone that has seen both or has knowledge explain why we would keep Haye and be willing lose Collins? Is Haye just that much better? I would think we would fight to keep Collins to have more pull with the Palmetto crew, especially if we are only taking 2 DTs. Maybe it doesn’t matter, just trying to better understand the staff’s reasoning.

Collins has no pull on anyone at palmetto. Nada. The staff likes Haye more than Collins.

Worst case we land two great football players from there, so we’ll be fine.

Thank God we are not the Gaytors, where they automatically pick their recruits by number of stars.

Didn't you hear, they just "ran off" their second-highest rated recruit because they are going to get someone better.

Or, wait, maybe that's a lie. Hard to keep track these days.

I appreciate the responses. Haven’t seen either of them play and trust the coaches but was just curious. Good to know we are going after the best players.

Advertisement
Thank God we are not the Gaytors, where they automatically pick their recruits by number of stars.

Didn't you hear, they just "ran off" their second-highest rated recruit because they are going to get someone better.

Or, wait, maybe that's a lie. Hard to keep track these days.

Hold on now dammit!!!! after we get another 10 win season, another season of Mullen and the staff building relationships with HS coaches in the south who he's been around since 2005, new facilities (because you know, no one else is getting new facilities), new Jordan gear, better WIFI in the stadium, sell beer at games, sell recruits we're traveling out of state to play Utah soon... we gone get ERRRRRRBODY

Advertisement
He decided to play football in 10th grade.
He had 22tfl over 50 tackles and 2 sacks at dtackle at coconut creek while never ever playing the game. He played No youth football at all
Got poached by champagnat and was also wanted by several other schools in Broward.
This is just my eyes talking cause I don’t know how to grade or evaluate football. But his game reminds me of a certain Miami great. The way he moves and tackles and gets off the line is very similar to him.
I won’t say cause I’ll get lit up in here saying that a 3 star reminds me of an nfl hall of famer. But he and LT on the same line would be pretty much beyond a home run haul at DT.

Agreed @pacusmc , getting both of them solidifies the DL along with our incredible DE recruiting for years to come. And we’ve not even mention Jolley or Hunte too. They’re going to be really good interior DT’s for us given their athleticism. Days of a **** poor porous DL are gone - we’re stacking chips galore along the defensive front

From this site, sounds like Collins isn't a high effort guy. Those are exactly the guys Saban avoids. There is a reason that Bama plays a 2 win team as hard as a 10 win team, and its that they recruit based on Hypercompetitiveness. Saban has said thats the #1 trait he looks for. I think Diaz gets it now. That's the reason the staff is supposedly ghosting Collins. If he breaks up with them (which he would have anyways) , it doesn't look bad to the other targets as straight up dropping him would. I personally don't want any more low effort guys. I'd 1000% rather have a 3 star with a killer's mentality than a lazy 4 star.

Advertisement
Hold on now dammit!!!! after we get another 10 win season, another season of Mullen and the staff building relationships with HS coaches in the south who he's been around since 2005, new facilities (because you know, no one else is getting new facilities), new Jordan gear, better WIFI in the stadium, sell beer at games, sell recruits we're traveling out of state to play Utah soon... we gone get ERRRRRRBODY
Oh and SEC...SEC...SEC

From this site, sounds like Collins isn't a high effort guy. Those are exactly the guys Saban avoids. There is a reason that Bama plays a 2 win team as hard as a 10 win team, and its that they recruit based on Hypercompetitiveness. Saban has said thats the #1 trait he looks for. I think Diaz gets it now. That's the reason the staff is supposedly ghosting Collins. If he breaks up with them (which he would have anyways) , it doesn't look bad to the other targets as straight up dropping him would. I personally don't want any more low effort guys. I'd 1000% rather have a 3 star with a killer's mentality than a lazy 4 star.
Makes a lot of sense and what makes me excited about our team moving forward. Didn’t know Hayes background. Anyone have his junior highlights?

Advertisement
When you can let us know why as all I see is some highlight film but am REALLY curious on what the street thinks of this kids potential.

Kid is very raw but dominating folks on pure want to , natural strength and quickness. Dude is violent as **** and has a motor. You teach him more pass rushing moves , how to use his hands and how to set a guy up it’s scary. His ceiling is insane.

Last edited:
Haye is head & shoulders ahead of Collins & it's not even close.

He's more atheltically gifted being a Basketball player that just started playing Football 2 years ago & comes from great family stock with his dad being a former BBall/Fball player & his uncle Jovan being a former NFL DT with the Titans.

He has a bevy of interior rush moves & plays stout with a low center of gravity, his upside is sky high. He's also a hard working no nonsense Jamaican kid who loves the U & has been an ambassador for the class.

Collins is a big kid who doesn't really know how to play 3-tech properly & doesn't use his tools correctly because he didn't really get very good coaching before going to Palmetto. And he has no influence on any of the Palmetto kids we're recruiting, he's a Southwest kid, he's never actually played a down with any of them.

Also for the info the board has on Haye, yall are welcome...

am REALLY curious on what the street thinks of this kids potential.

They just told you. he has unreal production for only 2 years of football because he is an interior pass rusher who collapses the pocket. Think about how Willis spoon fed sacks to the guys outside because he would get through the center and guard gaps so quickly. That’s what this kid brings.

Advertisement
Back