Haye and Collins

Haye is head & shoulders ahead of Collins & it's not even close.

He's more atheltically gifted being a Basketball player that just started playing Football 2 years ago & comes from great family stock with his dad being a former BBall/Fball player & his uncle Jovan being a former NFL DT with the Titans.

He has a bevy of interior rush moves & plays stout with a low center of gravity, his upside is sky high. He's also a hard working no nonsense Jamaican kid who loves the U & has been an ambassador for the class.

Collins is a big kid who doesn't really know how to play 3-tech properly & doesn't use his tools correctly because he didn't really get very good coaching before going to Palmetto. And he has no influence on any of the Palmetto kids we're recruiting, he's a Southwest kid, he's never actually played a down with any of them.

Also for the info the board has on Haye, yall are welcome...

Work ethic alone between the two is night and day different .

Advertisement
Makes a lot of sense and what makes me excited about our team moving forward. Didn’t know Hayes background. Anyone have his junior highlights?

And to add to my previous post- there are times when you can take a risk on a lazy 4 star, and thats when you have a critical mass of players that don't tolerate losing. A coach can't cure laziness, that's something the players police internally. A lazy player hurting the entire team gets a blanket party and either gets in line or transfers immediately. On the flip side, lazy is contagious. If you don't have a critical mass of killers, it doesn't take long for that laziness to infect other players and then the group of real competitors get sick of the bums, and the team falls apart (which is what happened last year when Miami had its laziest QB in its history, Jarren Williams, leading the lazy brigade on offense, then the defensive leaders had enough of it). Miami doesn't have enough killers yet to take on kids that take plays off.

Hold on now dammit!!!! after we get another 10 win season, another season of Mullen and the staff building relationships with HS coaches in the south who he's been around since 2005, new facilities (because you know, no one else is getting new facilities), new Jordan gear, better WIFI in the stadium, sell beer at games, sell recruits we're traveling out of state to play Utah soon... we gone get ERRRRRRBODY

LOL. but all levity aside, you bring up a good point.

I really think that your lack of a top tier national scheduling plan has affected the program and will continue to be a problem. Now that the conferences all have championship games, and pretty much the same minimum number of in-conference matchups, there's really no excuse to continue to schedule only those teams that you can reach by bus. Everyone is looking at no more than 3 OOC matchups, so all the schools are in the same boat. Sure, the SEC is a tough slog, but in reality, all Power 5 conferences have their strengths and weaknesses.

Other SEC schools, for example, TAMU, Ala, South Carolina, all have home and homes with UM on the books right now, .... UF could easily figure out how to do better.

Haye is head & shoulders ahead of Collins & it's not even close.

He's more atheltically gifted being a Basketball player that just started playing Football 2 years ago & comes from great family stock with his dad being a former BBall/Fball player & his uncle Jovan being a former NFL DT with the Titans.

He has a bevy of interior rush moves & plays stout with a low center of gravity, his upside is sky high. He's also a hard working no nonsense Jamaican kid who loves the U & has been an ambassador for the class.

Collins is a big kid who doesn't really know how to play 3-tech properly & doesn't use his tools correctly because he didn't really get very good coaching before going to Palmetto. And he has no influence on any of the Palmetto kids we're recruiting, he's a Southwest kid, he's never actually played a down with any of them.

Also for the info the board has on Haye, yall are welcome...

you could have stopped right there.

:stormwarningflag-sm:

Advertisement
They just told you. he has unreal production for only 2 years of football because he is an interior pass rusher who collapses the pocket. Think about how Willis spoon fed sacks to the guys outside because he would get through the center and guard gaps so quickly. That’s what this kid brings.
He dominated

It's a long term mistake to drop Savion Collins he has only been playing football 2yrs also and his first year as mentioned you can tell he didn't get very good technical coaching. as he develops cache of dline moves he will improve significantly he has already made strides on the brief 000camp circuit this spring. The problem with Collins is he is feeling his 4* rating a little to much and because he is tied to UF recruiting the scouting services won't drop his rankings. I am hoping the adults in the room wake and get this kid to solidify his commitment to UM.

UM doesn't like that he has been running his mout openly about his gator for love almost a year despite being committed to UM. UM coaches are in their feelings about this ignoring the fact that kids that big and athletic don't grow on trees. Also he is 1-Tech or O-Tech in college whom's primary role is control their gaps while also pushing to collapse the pocket from the inside out. With good techinical coaching and a redshirt year Collins will be a solid rotational 20-30 snap player as a R-Fr and R-Soph. An Haye a has just an equally bright projected future as a 0or 1 Tech also but is a better interior pass rusher at this point in his development.

Here is his junior highlights (he does jump on a few tackles to pad his states. You can see Collins # 99 lined next to Lenoard Taylor # 56

Go Canes

It's a long term mistake to drop Savion Collins he has only been playing football 2yrs also and his first year as mentioned you can tell he didn't get very good technical coaching. as he develops cache of dline moves he will improve significantly he has already made strides on the brief 000camp circuit this spring. The problem with Collins is he is feeling his 4* rating a little to much and because he is tied to UF recruiting the scouting services won't drop his rankings. I am hoping the adults in the room wake and get this kid to solidify his commitment to UM.

UM doesn't like that he has been running his mout openly about his gator for love almost a year despite being committed to UM. UM coaches are in their feelings about this ignoring the fact that kids that big and athletic don't grow on trees. Also he is 1-Tech or O-Tech in college whom's primary role is control their gaps while also pushing to collapse the pocket from the inside out. With good techinical coaching and a redshirt year Collins will be a solid rotational 20-30 snap player as a R-Fr and R-Soph. An Haye a has just an equally bright projected future as a 0or 1 Tech also but is a better interior pass rusher at this point in his development.

Here is his junior highlights (he does jump on a few tackles to pad his states. You can see Collins # 99 lined next to Lenoard Taylor # 56

Go Canes

I don't know, Paranos. If the kid were a grinder, that would be one thing. But remember when we felt we absolutely had to get the Killer Bs (Bryant, Bain and Bostwick) and Valentine. We had to get all those guys because of how talent they were. We stuck out on all 4. Bryant and Valentine were lazy as fck and amounted to nothing, Bain got in all sorts of trouble and disappeared. Bostwick was a JAG with the Gators.

DTs who have character issues better be Gerald Willis level or better. Otherwise, treat them like the third rail.

Advertisement

Go Canes

The problem with collins is effort I agree his traits and size are elite but u can't teach effort. I have seen him play live multiple times and he stays on blocks not because of technique but effort u dont see any leg movement for pushing no hand swiping. On top of the fact that collins is only a commit because momma said so and the staff has also cooled on him and haven't been talking to him for a while now

maybe the staff is trying to open up Collins spot for someone else but why not keep both and then add Leonard Taylor. Those 3 is an elite haul as LT is ready made and Collins and Haye both have really good potential.

If the staff can light a fire under Collins, he can be a STUD as well. In terms of coming off the bus, for a DT, very few look as good as Collins.

Last edited:
I take all 3 we need elite DTS not just names that come up the last week or month of the cycle.
same. I love a DT class of Collins, Haye and Taylor. Only way we should push Collins out is if it's for a Maason Smith or someone like that or if we needed a last second spot for James Williams, then maybe, but other than that, keep the 3 DTs.

Advertisement
Collins has no pull on anyone at palmetto. Nada. The staff likes Haye more than Collins.

Worst case we land two great football players from there, so we’ll be fine.
Why Collins left S.W. show’s me he was looking for heroes ME there when he abandons his team at S.W. whom needed him in the worst way.
Collins was already on D-I radars but his search for acclaim to be a hero ME FAILED.

Collins is very easily influenced weak convictions YES he’s committed in just the word and thinks he’s TOP DOG as everyone has cooled hopefully he’ll decommit and commit to someone else to draw TRUE head straight ball players.

If his mom keeps him here good he’ll have to get a mentor and councilor and might be game ready by his mid junior season.

If he goes anywhere else he’ll portal fast when adult real world coldness of Fla. hits him between the eyes.

When this happens IGNORE the tears .

I GET TIRED OF US THROWING OUR PEARLS AND THERE DUMPED ON.

JJ : You play for us or get beat by us

The new Cane mindset 🙌🙌🙌

Advertisement

Go Canes

Now go watch Collins on Taylor’s tape. It’s gross how bad he is at times.

Hold on now dammit!!!! after we get another 10 win season, another season of Mullen and the staff building relationships with HS coaches in the south who he's been around since 2005, new facilities (because you know, no one else is getting new facilities), new Jordan gear, better WIFI in the stadium, sell beer at games, sell recruits we're traveling out of state to play Utah soon... we gone get ERRRRRRBODY

Ha! Sounds veerrrrry familiar to what Miami fans said for about 15 years. I'm glad that we stopped whining and went out and hired more SoFla guys on the recruiting staff, as well as that we stopped "giving up" on recruiting certain kids just because Gaytors writers were boasting about how UiF was in the "lead" for various recruits.

But, hey, don't worry, the Gaytor fans have figured out what Miami is doing to succeed recently. Miami has suddenly started paying recruits huge bags, bigger than anything the SEC-SEC-SEC can produce. Oh, and Ed Baba Yaga Reed has been illegally position-coaching every defensive back and illegally recruiting every high school kid from his home in Atlanta. Plus, Miami coaches have started a negative recruiting campaign which involves telling every recruit that Dan Mullet has been offered the NFL Commissioner job and that Mrs. Mullet has herpes, genital warts, and Covid-19, as well as gargles smegma nightly.

Brilliant.

Last edited:

Go Canes

I havent heard anything about dropping him. All the flirting with other schools is on him

Advertisement
Back