Have to applaud Cristobal on Recruiting

Exactly
It’s a big difference between landing top 150 and top 15 players
Riley is killing it right now
I was expecting at least that
But so far a lot of hype but no results
Riley **** the bed with the 22 class and he had more time than Mario. Also, it’s only April, wait how it plays out.

Advertisement
I'll make it easier for you... What you're saying is actually a large part of the reason we became what we became. Because when Coker came along he took away the value of our own evaluations and did nothing but chase after what databases considered ELITE TALENT... What built the 2001 team as well as every other team in our history that actually was ELITE, WASNT STAR CHASING AFTER ALL THE HIGH FOUR AND FIVE STAR KIDS. It was hitting on OUR OWN evaluations and developing the kids we did bring in TO AN ELITE LEVEL... That is our history. It's actually the exact opposite of what people on here constantly harp on. But why should facts slow down the cis train now... Lmao to paraphrase a great man, BE COOL, DON'T BE CULO. Pardon the lecture.

I can’t argue with a man who brings nothing but facts to the table. You’re right about this.

Advertisement
What would you say if I said we had several for stars & two five stars? Would you be happy then OR find something else to question?
If I had to guess, it's Jalen Brown and M'Pemba...would be phenomenal but I won't count them in until the commitment becomes public; either way, anyone who isn't excited about the potential of this class under the helm of these absolutely savage recruiters/talent developers is out of their mind.

Patience.

Any man questioning Cristobal recruiting need to give their head a wobble. Its April lol. This man has done this as a position coach at the best....Bama, and has a HC at not the sexiest recruiting location in Oregon. Go on a vacation and enjoy the sun. Yall been biching since they were supposed to can Diaz. Then yall biched about slow staff hiring and on to the next. Yall are just gonna bich until u die huh?

We can revisit after the A&M game. Fair enough
Bruh… how the fucc is that even remotely fair? Win vs. a highly ranked team stacked with elite talent, in year 1, a couple of games in, with holes all over our roster? And if we lose, you’ll revisit it? GTFOH. The more you post, the more you sound less like a mope… and more like a troll.

Last edited:
What would you say if I said we had several for stars & two five stars? Would you be happy then OR find something else to question?
And from reading your other posts, I'm gathering that the difference between this class and the previous regimes is that the several four stars and two five stars (on top of whoever else we get) have the combination of a thorough staff eval AND the star ranking. That combined with proven coaches who can develop the talent is a recipe to be excited for. I'm extrapolating your point, but if we do go after some 3* players, we should trust the staff eval because this staff can be trusted in ways the others flat out couldn't, especially in the development dept.

I'm excited for when these commits go public in due time

Advertisement
Bruh… how the fucc is that even remotely fair? Win vs. a highly ranked team stacked with elite talent, in year 1, a couple of games in, with holes all over our roster? And if we lose, you’ll revisit it? GTFOH. The more you post, you sound less like a mope… and more like a troll.
For some reason people think the team is stacked with talent and it's not. It will take a few cycles to get the right people in place. It wasn't just bad coaching, it was also bad recruiting, especially on defense.

And from reading your other posts, I'm gathering that the difference between this class and the previous regimes is that the several four stars and two five stars (on top of whoever else we get) have the combination of a thorough staff eval AND the star ranking. That combined with proven coaches who can develop the talent is a recipe to be excited for. I'm extrapolating your point, but if we do go after some 3* players, we should trust the staff eval because this staff can be trusted in ways the others flat out couldn't, especially in the development dept.

I'm excited for when these commits go public in due time
Exactly. The evals are gonna be of a different caliber now. With Diaz he was reliant on the bulk of his 4 star/higher end targets being local. He was a lazy recruiter and operated like he needed the home field advantage or he couldn't reel them in, this staff gives 0 f*****. They will evaluate & target talent from everywhere in the country and they're clearly not insecure like Diaz was. It's a new day over here.

For some reason people think the team is stacked with talent and it's not. It will take a few cycles to get the right people in place. It wasn't just bad coaching, it was also bad recruiting, especially on defense.
This!!! All of this. And the crazy thing is, that our last HC was a Defensive coach. One would surmise that a HC with a defensive background, would have recruited better on that side of the ball.

Last edited:
Advertisement
This!!! All of this. And the crazy thing is, that our last HC was a Defensive coach. One would surmise that a HC with a defensive background, would have recruited better on that side of the ball.
Like has always been explained to y'all he recruited nothing but system fits. Guys who could thrive in his misdirection version of football. All flash & no substance. Now we're gonna play old school football from a standpoint of line up & dominate your man. Those kids weren't built for this. You'll get a few nice surprises because they actually grasp the change. But it'll be few and far in-between.

Crootin ain’t for the weak, mane! Jus sayin’ …. It’s more of a marathon, than a sprint.
1650383555007.gif

I think people don't realize how many games we lose if Van Dyke isn't a revelation last season. He hid how bad the team truly was. People like to point to close games we almost won, could have gone 10-2 if not for XYZ but look at how many close games we almost lost. We were a few broken plays away from being a 3-9 team last year if we don't split our one score games. We have very little NFL talent right now, and anything we bring in this class won't be ready for a season or two at least.

Gotta be patient. Gotta be honest with ourselves about the roster, which means we need to be realistic about on field this year, and the subsequent expectations for the class.

Advertisement
Bruh… how the fucc is that even remotely fair? Win vs. a highly ranked team stacked with elite talent, in year 1, a couple of games in, with holes all over our roster? And if we lose, you’ll revisit it? GTFOH. The more you post, you sound less like a mope… and more like a troll.

According to you, we should just show up to every game, golf clap, and hand out orange slices huh? Maybe write a nice check and never complain about the product on the field.

**** that. This is MIAMI. Anyone, anytime, anywhere. **** yes I expect to beat Texas A&M.

Riley **** the bed with the 22 class and he had more time than Mario. Also, it’s only April, wait how it plays out.
I know
Im being impatient
Just been hearing let it play out for almost 10 years now
Gonna just sit back and enjoy the process hahaha

I agree.

All things considered, he's done very well in the short amount of time from when he got here until now. What would our class have looked like if he hadn't come?

It's obvious as **** he's going to get some from the visitors we keep brining in. Who, don't know, but, time will tell.
Don’t get me wrong
He’s doing a pretty nice job
Changing things from the ground up
I was just expecting at least one or 2 class ambassador/leader types to have committed by now
In all honestly for me Robby was always the big fish in my opinion and we have him locked down
I just want to see some top level lineman to commit bc that’s been our issue the past 5 plus years

Nobody said it was easy. Just that it was necessary. We need to land elite classes to be Miami again. That’s what Cristobal signed up for.

In 2001, Miami had the most talented team in the history of the sport. So it CAN be done here.

My question, still unanswered, is will Cristobal be a Butch Davis, or an Al Golden? I could see it going either way.

Hope for the best, but he needs to start landing elite talent
Cyrus Moss
Trevonte Citizen
Jaleel Skinner/ Flipped from Saban
Wesley Bissainthe/ Got a Phone Call that Cristobal was coming the jight before he was about to commit to FSU
elite gets in a month on the job.

Ahmad Moten the type of dude we miss on and the. goes to to be an All Conference player somewhere else. Stole him from Venables a MONTH in.

Cristobal was recruiting within the top 10 in OREGON where they produce maybe a top 100 recruit per cycle. He is now in the most fertile recruiting area in the world with financial commitment from the University and some of the best NIL deals out there.

In the portal:

Mitchell Agude was Second Team Pac 12.
Darryl Porter was one of the best player for the Mountanieers
and when Mesidor pops he was the best player on that team, and one of the best defensive players in that conference.

Denis and Saggapalu were battling for first team reps in Oregon's Offensive line.

And he is not done with the portal yet.

If there is one thing Cristobal has shown is that he can recruit. Acting like this is the Miaz, folden, Shannon era is
ignorant of the structural
changes / financial commitments from inside/ outside the program.

Advertisement
Back