Have to applaud Cristobal on Recruiting

I don’t expect him to get everyone like tam
But at least 1

I agree.

All things considered, he's done very well in the short amount of time from when he got here until now. What would our class have looked like if he hadn't come?

It's obvious as **** he's going to get some from the visitors we keep brining in. Who, don't know, but, time will tell.

Advertisement
**** man, we’ve been patient for 20 years. How much more patience do we need to have?

20 **** years and every offseason it’s the same old kool aid. You guys say things are turning around now…show me, don’t tell me.

Start WINNING some of these recruiting battles and then I’ll believe it. Otherwise it’s just another coach in a long string of coaches, and another offseason in a long string of offseasons, where sites like this one overhype and oversell a team that always underwhelms.

You’re right, this off-season is the same as every other off-season.

Just a lot of hype.

There’s really nothing you can put your finger on that makes this off-season any different.

Nothing different is happening.

The coaching is all the same, the infrastructure is all the same, the financial commitment is all the same, the recruiting is all the same, yeah you’re so right, it’s all the same shlt.

Good work, good job, very perceptive.

He finished with the 15th ranked class which is par for Miami. Golden, Shannon, Coker, Richt and Diaz all had better classes.

Ok, so you say he gets a mulligan because it’s a transition class. Fine but who has he gotten since?

He’s missed on all the 5 star recruits he’s had a shot with - the OT from Texas, the OT from Washington, the transfer from Georgia never even visited, and missed on Shemar.

We need to get better players, bottom line. I’ll buy in when that starts happening, until then I remain rational and skeptical
Golden, Shannon, etc had better full classes than 15th but never near that for a transition class. Do we need to consistently recruit top 10 and get better players ? Absolutely. Has he missed on some guys ? Sure, but nobody bats 1000 in this business so I'd say he's ahead of the curve.

**** man, we’ve been patient for 20 years. How much more patience do we need to have?

20 **** years and every offseason it’s the same old kool aid. You guys say things are turning around now…show me, don’t tell me.

Start WINNING some of these recruiting battles and then I’ll believe it. Otherwise it’s just another coach in a long string of coaches, and another offseason in a long string of offseasons, where sites like this one overhype and oversell a team that always underwhelms.
"Start winning some of these recruiting battles" it says...while intentionally ignoring the recruiting battles that were won...

Advertisement
Even if he's an elite recruiter, guess what the elite schools have. Elite recruiters as well. A proven product.

Same with NIL money. They aren't going anywhere. People can say we've got money until they're blue in the face, but I don't buy for one second we're going to be out spending the current elites.

A&M reportedly spent a historic amount of money, money we don't have, 99 percent don't have. Their coach is a national championship winning coach, a known elite recruiter, and that program has every bell and whistle imaginable.

Saying what their win total and what ours was, that doesn't say much as a comparison between the two programs.

Top 5 class is tough. Who are we bouncing out of the top 5? We don't win on the field, good luck.

Nobody said it was easy. Just that it was necessary. We need to land elite classes to be Miami again. That’s what Cristobal signed up for.

In 2001, Miami had the most talented team in the history of the sport. So it CAN be done here.

My question, still unanswered, is will Cristobal be a Butch Davis, or an Al Golden? I could see it going either way.

Hope for the best, but he needs to start landing elite talent

Nobody said it was easy. Just that it was necessary. We need to land elite classes to be Miami again. That’s what Cristobal signed up for.

In 2001, Miami had the most talented team in the history of the sport. So it CAN be done here.

My question, still unanswered, is will Cristobal be a Butch Davis, or an Al Golden? I could see it going either way.

Yet you're bashing him for missing out on a player that went for an obvious payout for his handler in the 22 cycle, a guy from across the country for the 23 cycle, and transfer who decided not to.

The guy salvaged 2022 at the last minute and ended up with a top 15 class higher than out 2 in state rivals, but he needs to do better.

see GIF

You’re right, this off-season is the same as every other off-season.

Just a lot of hype.

There’s really nothing you can put your finger on that makes this off-season any different.

Nothing different is happening.

The coaching is all the same, the infrastructure is all the same, the financial commitment is all the same, the recruiting is all the same, yeah you’re so right, it’s all the same shlt.

Good work, good job, very perceptive.

The only deliverables so far have been a 15th ranked class and some B-level transfers.

Everything else is smoke and mirrors until it translates in to something more

Yet you're bashing him for missing out on a player that went for an obvious payout for his handler in the 22 cycle, a guy from across the country for the 23 cycle, and transfer who decided not to.

The guy salvaged 2022 at the last minute and ended up with a top 15 class higher than out 2 in state rivals, but he needs to do better.

see GIF

You grade on a curve, I don’t. You accept excuses and buy in to promises, I only judge people on the results they deliver.

Different strokes. Try not to get worked up, potato guy.

Advertisement
The only deliverables so far have been a 15th ranked class and some B-level transfers.

Everything else is smoke and mirrors until it translates in to something more

You’re too stupid to argue with.

I’ll let someone else tell you everything that’s changed in the last three months. I don’t have the time or energy to argue with a complete ******.

Only a very low IQ person like you would not realize that a foundation has to be built before home can be built on top of it.

Back to my original question? Are you expecting him to turn it around overnight? Seems that way until you said he needed to start bringing in elite talent. He already has.

It's still going to be an uphill battle and it's going to take time. Elite talent is giving us a look this spring. Some multiple visits. Follow that up with solid football on the field, you'll get some. Show out better next year, get more.

I already covered all of that. I'm also done with this topic. He won't be Golden and I hope he's a better game day coach than Botch.

Back to my original question? Are you expecting him to turn it around overnight? Seems that way until you said he needed to start bringing in elite talent. He already has.

It's still going to be an uphill battle and it's going to take time. Elite talent is giving us a look this spring. Some multiple visits. Follow that up with solid football on the field, you'll get some. Show out better next year, get more.

I already covered all of that. I'm also done with this topic. He won't be Golden and I hope he's a better game day coach than Botch.

I’m expecting him to land elite talent now. “Turn it around” is vague, I won’t consider it turned around until we win another natty. But what he can do today is start landing 5-star talent we’ll need to get there

I’m expecting him to land elite talent now. “Turn it around” is vague, I won’t consider it turned around until we win another natty. But what he can do today is start landing 5-star talent we’ll need to get there
You think a turn around for a perennial mid tier acc coastal team is a national championship?
Man you are living in the 80 grow up, let's start with making bad seasons at Miami a 10 or 11 win season. That's how you turn a program around.
LSU won a national championship and have more talent and losing more often.
Let's be a consistent winner that is always in the conversation of making the playoffs, that's a realistic goal.

Advertisement
Signed a top 5 class based off of the average of our recruits’ ratings with us only behind A&M, Bama, UGA, and OSU.

Should he have signed a few more 3 stars and an extra 4 star or two so that he ended up with a “top 10” class?

Exactly. I like Cristobal and am as excited as any, but as of today we have exactly four recruits committed. Only one is a four star player.

I was tempted to look up on Rivals to see what our commitment numbers were at equivalent points in the last few years.
What would you say if I said we had several for stars & two five stars? Would you be happy then OR find something else to question?

Question. Do you know what the recruiting rankings were like for the years that built up the 2001 class since you mentioned them as the benchmark? Just the break down on average class ratings is fine...

Advertisement

I'll make it easier for you... What you're saying is actually a large part of the reason we became what we became. Because when Coker came along he took away the value of our own evaluations and did nothing but chase after what databases considered ELITE TALENT... What built the 2001 team as well as every other team in our history that actually was ELITE, WASNT STAR CHASING AFTER ALL THE HIGH FOUR AND FIVE STAR KIDS. It was hitting on OUR OWN evaluations and developing the kids we did bring in TO AN ELITE LEVEL... That is our history. It's actually the exact opposite of what people on here constantly harp on. But why should facts slow down the cis train now... Lmao to paraphrase a great man, BE COOL, DON'T BE CULO. Pardon the lecture.

Attachments

• SmartSelect_20220419-055619_Chrome.jpg
    SmartSelect_20220419-055619_Chrome.jpg
    534.1 KB · Views: 74
  • SmartSelect_20220419-055543_Chrome.jpg
    SmartSelect_20220419-055543_Chrome.jpg
    712.9 KB · Views: 72
What would you say if I said we had several for stars & two five stars? Would you be happy then OR find something else to question?
I’m not questioning him at all. I’m thrilled that he’s here. I just want to be realistic as to what we can expect in Year 1.

What’s happening now with the program was unthinkable at this point a year ago.

Advertisement
Back