Have to applaud Cristobal on Recruiting

At some point, we need results not promises. Mario has been here several months and has failed to fix our problems at OT, LB, DE, DT, and CB through recruiting or the portal.

Typical offseason hype every year on this board, and now we have a shiny new coach so it’s even worse. We do this EVERY year. And every year it’s the same results

Go sign us a top 5 class and then the hype will be real. Go sign some impact transfers.

Till then, it’s all bluster
Man shut up! He signed a Top 15 class in less den a month & he’s landed major portal players & he’s about to add more during this new transfer wave that’s coming! Just sit & let the man do his job & quit *****ing or go to another board. Are u a Golden Cane member that donates a lot of money or are u one of these pussies who jus complain! U nyggas kill me on this board man!🤦🏾‍♂️

Advertisement
Man shut up! He signed a Top 15 class in less den a month & he’s landed major portal players & he’s about to add more during this new transfer wave that’s coming! Just sit & let the man do his job & quit *****ing or go to another board. Are u a Golden Cane member that donates a lot of money or are u one of these pussies who jus complain! U nyggas kill me on this board man!🤦🏾‍♂️
This is always his shtick.

I give it 30 more days before more Right Said Freds start banging the same drum he's currently beating.

Patience has never been a strong suit for some in this base.

Last edited:
Advertisement
8534FF1F-6417-4866-BFE5-F4860E3CCBDB.gif

I give it 30 more days before more Right Said Freds start banging the same drum he's currently beating.

Patience has never been a strong suit for some in this base.

**** man, we’ve been patient for 20 years. How much more patience do we need to have?

20 **** years and every offseason it’s the same old kool aid. You guys say things are turning around now…show me, don’t tell me.

Start WINNING some of these recruiting battles and then I’ll believe it. Otherwise it’s just another coach in a long string of coaches, and another offseason in a long string of offseasons, where sites like this one overhype and oversell a team that always underwhelms.

**** man, we’ve been patient for 20 years. How much more patience do we need to have?

20 **** years and every offseason it’s the same old kool aid. You guys say things are turning around now…show me, don’t tell me.

Start WINNING some of these recruiting battles and then I’ll believe it. Otherwise it’s just another coach in a long string of coaches, and another offseason in a long string of offseasons, where sites like this one overhype and oversell a team that always underwhelms.

How much patience do you need to have?

How about til the first play of game one.

Until then your tantrum says everything about what triggers you and zero about the CURRENT state of this program, nothing more nothing less.

Advertisement

I get that to some degree.

Having said that, are you expecting a turn around overnight?

I don't expect to beat out the true elites for talent right away. I expect more than we got under the last guy, but those elites have a track record of winning.

We're going to have to win on the field. Show that we're not just talk. Then we can turn the tide.

No question, he's got the recruits ears. Now he needs to get their eyes. Prove it where it matters, on the field and the elite recruits will come. We've got coaching firepower now and that'll net us some.

Lots to navigate now though. Portal and NIL deals are a *****. Since NIL isn't often published, the amounts, it's tough to get a feel for recruiting as we don't really know who goes where for what. If I'm being real, I'm more excited about our potential than at any point I've been in 20 years. The NIL crap and portal crap though is really a turn off for me.

So Skinner was not a win? Moss? Citizen? Kelly? Keep moving the goal posts

How much patience do you need to have?

How about til the first play of game one.

Until then your tantrum says everything about what triggers you and zero about the CURRENT state of this program, nothing more nothing less.

We can revisit after the A&M game. Fair enough

I get that to some degree.

Having said that, are you expecting a turn around overnight?

I don't expect to beat out the true elites for talent right away. I expect more than we got under the last guy, but those elites have a track record of winning.

We're going to have to win on the field. Show that we're not just talk. Then we can turn the tide.

No question, he's got the recruits ears. Now he needs to get their eyes. Prove it where it matters, on the field and the elite recruits will come. We've got coaching firepower now and that'll net us some.

Lots to navigate now though. Portal and NIL deals are a *****. Since NIL isn't often published, the amounts, it's tough to get a feel for recruiting as we don't really know who goes where for what. If I'm being real, I'm more excited about our potential than at any point I've been in 20 years. The NIL crap and portal crap though is really a turn off for me.

Cristobal was sold as an elite recruiter and we supposedly have NIL cash now.

If A&M can land the best class in history after winning 8 games, then Miami can land a top 5 class and close on some elite transfers

Advertisement
At some point, we need results not promises. Mario has been here several months and has failed to fix our problems at OT, LB, DE, DT, and CB through recruiting or the portal.

Typical offseason hype every year on this board, and now we have a shiny new coach so it’s even worse. We do this EVERY year. And every year it’s the same results

Go sign us a top 5 class and then the hype will be real. Go sign some impact transfers.

Till then, it’s all bluster
white teeth troll GIF

He already did...Got Skinner vs Saban, got Moss vs Riley, got Citizen vs several Sec coaches on NSD. He did all of this after being Miami's HC just for 2 months! Go mope somewhere else.

He already did...Got Skinner vs Saban, got Moss vs Riley, got Citizen vs several Sec coaches on NSD. He did all of this after being Miami's HC just for 2 months! Go mope somewhere else.

He finished with the 15th ranked class which is par for Miami. Golden, Shannon, Coker, Richt and Diaz all had better classes.

Ok, so you say he gets a mulligan because it’s a transition class. Fine but who has he gotten since?

He’s missed on all the 5 star recruits he’s had a shot with - the OT from Texas, the OT from Washington, the transfer from Georgia never even visited, and missed on Shemar.

We need to get better players, bottom line. I’ll buy in when that starts happening, until then I remain rational and skeptical

Advertisement
Cristobal was sold as an elite recruiter and we supposedly have NIL cash now.

If A&M can land the best class in history after winning 8 games, then Miami can land a top 5 class and close on some elite transfers

Even if he's an elite recruiter, guess what the elite schools have. Elite recruiters as well. A proven product.

Same with NIL money. They aren't going anywhere. People can say we've got money until they're blue in the face, but I don't buy for one second we're going to be out spending the current elites.

A&M reportedly spent a historic amount of money, money we don't have, 99 percent don't have. Their coach is a national championship winning coach, a known elite recruiter, and that program has every bell and whistle imaginable.

Saying what their win total and what ours was, that doesn't say much as a comparison between the two programs.

Top 5 class is tough. Who are we bouncing out of the top 5? We don't win on the field, good luck.

Not crowning anyone yet. Cristobal missed on Shemar Stewart and Connerly. So far I don't see any big portal gets. So far his only class here is ranked about the same as a Diaz or Al Golden class.

I mean, maybe it will pick up but I have to see it to believe it. It's good to get the visits though.
Exactly
It’s a big difference between landing top 150 and top 15 players
Riley is killing it right now
I was expecting at least that
But so far a lot of hype but no results

Even if he's an elite recruiter, guess what the elite schools have. Elite recruiters as well. A proven product.

Same with NIL money. They aren't going anywhere. People can say we've got money until they're blue in the face, but I don't buy for one second we're going to be out spending the current elites.

A&M reportedly spent a historic amount of money, money we don't have, 99 percent don't have. Their coach is a national championship winning coach, a known elite recruiter, and that program has every bell and whistle imaginable.

Saying what their win total and what ours was, that doesn't say much as a comparison between the two programs.

Top 5 class is tough. Who are we bouncing out of the top 5? We don't win on the field, good luck.
I don’t expect him to get everyone like tam
But at least 1

He finished with the 15th ranked class which is par for Miami. Golden, Shannon, Coker, Richt and Diaz all had better classes.

Ok, so you say he gets a mulligan because it’s a transition class. Fine but who has he gotten since?

He’s missed on all the 5 star recruits he’s had a shot with - the OT from Texas, the OT from Washington, the transfer from Georgia never even visited, and missed on Shemar.

We need to get better players, bottom line. I’ll buy in when that starts happening, until then I remain rational and skeptical
It's April 18th...R-E-L-A-X.

And the fact he got 15th ranking class after the class was previously in the 70s is beyond impressive. That class finished ahead other elite coaches such as Kelly (LSU) and Riley (USC). Recruiting is about building relationships and that is why he was expected to miss out some guys from class of 2022 as soon he took over Miami.

Do you know that finishing 15th in transition class is the highest in Miami history?

Advertisement
Back