Hate Jimbo - But He Earned My Respect Last Night

Advertisement
Thank you. They could’ve done the same thing with a 9 year old. The QB change did nothing.

For who?

Maybe it did something for their team.

To say it did nothing is to fly in the face of scores of changeups that won games and reversed fortune.

If your coach kicks for a meaningless three points - while you stand a good chance to get seven - well - he doesn't have confidence in you.

**** - put Jucurri in and let him run the damned ball.

It's a team sport - or it isn't.

You play to win - or you don't.

For who?

Maybe it did something for their team.

To say it did nothing is to fly in the face of scores of changeups that won games and reversed fortune.

If your coach kicks for a meaningless three points - while you stand a good chance to get seven - well - he doesn't have confidence in you.

**** - put Jucurri in and let him run the damned ball.

It's a team sport - or it isn't.

You play to win - or you don't.
For them. They scored 10 points and were gifted 7. King would have done the same thing, but probably ran for more yards. Their offense is garbage.

I didn't SAY the FSU QB won - I said the changeup demonstrated Jimbo was willing to take a significant step to enhance their chances of winning.

And he DID.

When your first of two really good QB's is struggling - have enough damned sense to put in the #2 - especially when there is ZERO DOWNSIDE
He made the decision AFTER he lost to a Group of 5 school at home to start the season 1-1. His QB went 13/20 for 97 yards against App State. TVD was 20/29 for 261 with 1 TD and 1 INT. Miami won both their games comfortably against a Division 2 and Group of 5 school. TVD has not been lighting it up, but he hasn't been reminding us of the Rosier years.

And ZERO DOWNSIDE? You take your QB out when the offense has had 4 drives into the red zone in the game? When he was a dropped 4th down from possibly getting a game tying TD? You put in a QB who has looked great in practice, but has 23 total attempts in his career so far (with only 2 attempts against a FBS level opponent) into one of the most ferocious crowds in college football? If Garcia doesn't light up the scoreboard, you risk breaking the confidence of both of your QBs. Neither knowing if the team is his and the team not knowing which is their QB. Do you remember Perry in for Rosier, than Williams in for Perry? The Canes ended up with 3 QBs who couldn't do squat.

Look, if TVD continues to look like crap against UNC, then you can think about doing it. Just way too **** early to do that crap now. There are 9 games left and TVD can get his sh*T together.

Advertisement
Yes, he IS a prick - but that PRICK just waxed our asses last night -

We played scared.

That was obvious. It was too big of a moment for us.
Waxed our asses? Yes, they won the game, but in just about EVERY stat line, the Canes outperformed them. The key is don't turn the ball over inside the 10 yard line, make TDs instead of FGs in the redzone, and make your FGs.

Waxing our asses would have been beating the Canes by 2 or more TDs because with the turnover edge and lack of offensive conversions by the Canes, that is what Texas A&M should have won by.

He made the decision AFTER he lost to a Group of 5 school at home to start the season 1-1. His QB went 13/20 for 97 yards against App State. TVD was 20/29 for 261 with 1 TD and 1 INT. Miami won both their games comfortably against a Division 2 and Group of 5 school. TVD has not been lighting it up, but he hasn't been reminding us of the Rosier years.

And ZERO DOWNSIDE? You take your QB out when the offense has had 4 drives into the red zone in the game? When he was a dropped 4th down from possibly getting a game tying TD? You put in a QB who has looked great in practice, but has 23 total attempts in his career so far (with only 2 attempts against a FBS level opponent) into one of the most ferocious crowds in college football? If Garcia doesn't light up the scoreboard, you risk breaking the confidence of both of your QBs. Neither knowing if the team is his and the team not knowing which is their QB. Do you remember Perry in for Rosier, than Williams in for Perry? The Canes ended up with 3 QBs who couldn't do squat.

Look, if TVD continues to look like crap against UNC, then you can think about doing it. Just way too **** early to do that crap now. There are 9 games left and TVD can get his sh*T together.
Lol bro we didn’t score a touchdown. Besides our RBs and a few timely targeting calls our offense was bad. The RBs moved the ball pretty well and we had a few short passes but their defense bent and didn’t break and our offense didn’t get it done. Not going to act like TVD was one drop away from a good game

Rosier would’ve at least done something and tried to inject some confidence into the team even if he played worse lol

Advertisement
Lol bro we didn’t score a touchdown. Besides our RBs and a few timely targeting calls our offense was bad. The RBs moved the ball pretty well and we had a few short passes but their defense bent and didn’t break and our offense didn’t get it done. Not going to act like TVD was one drop away from a good game

Rosier would’ve at least done something and tried to inject some confidence into the team even if he played worse lol
The offense put up nearly 400 yards. They didn't convert when it mattered most, but don't make it sound like they were 3 and out all last night. The Canes punted 3 times, that was it.

Now, you're wishing Rosier was in at QB? LOL

The offense put up nearly 400 yards. They didn't convert when it mattered most, but don't make it sound like they were 3 and out all last night. The Canes punted 3 times, that was it.

Now, you're wishing Rosier was in at QB? LOL
No lol I wish Garcia got a chance and I think we'd have won.

What does 392 yards matter if you can't score a touchdown??? We kept getting the ball because TAMU offense was terrible and our defense was good. Lot of attempts lot of yards if your running game averages 5 yards per carry and your quarterback does too.

it doesn't feel like there was a good time in the game to pull him without killing his confidence....with that being said I absolutely think Garcia should start to get more first team reps moving forward. He should get a good amount of playing time against MTSU

No lol I wish Garcia got a chance and I think we'd have won.

What does 392 yards matter if you can't score a touchdown??? We kept getting the ball because TAMU offense was terrible and our defense was good. Lot of attempts lot of yards if your running game averages 5 yards per carry and your quarterback does too.
Again, Garcia is FAR from a proven commodity with 2 pass attempts against FBS competition and we saw what a sh*t storm it turns into when you start changing QBs willy-nilly. The game was not out of hand, TVD was not turning the ball over, and the offense was moving the ball. Yes, agreed they need to do better in the red zone and execute.

It's not like the season was on the line. If the team is still not scoring against UNC, yeah, I agree you look into it, but a 1 possession game at one of the toughest stadiums in college football? Nah, not just yet.

Advertisement
Unlike UM, Jimbo pulled his starting QB - to win.

And he won.

At least that SOB has a pair of balls.
To soon but I have to admit when I saw the run a couple times last night I was wishing that if jacurri was ready it would be nice to mix him in there to give us the extra threat

Advertisement
Waxed our asses? Yes, they won the game, but in just about EVERY stat line, the Canes outperformed them. The key is don't turn the ball over inside the 10 yard line, make TDs instead of FGs in the redzone, and make your FGs.

Waxing our asses would have been beating the Canes by 2 or more TDs because with the turnover edge and lack of offensive conversions by the Canes, that is what Texas A&M should have won by.

You're right! We almost dominated - statistically. First Downs, Total Yards, Passing Yards, Rushing Yards, Time of Possession.

But they waxed us. I agree they didn't wax and BUFF our azzes to a high sheen - but yeah, they waxed on and waxed off.

Scoreboard says so.

Yes, needed TD's.

And balls.

And a relief pitcher.

Again, Garcia is FAR from a proven commodity with 2 pass attempts against FBS competition and we saw what a sh*t storm it turns into when you start changing QBs willy-nilly. The game was not out of hand, TVD was not turning the ball over, and the offense was moving the ball. Yes, agreed they need to do better in the red zone and execute.

It's not like the season was on the line. If the team is still not scoring against UNC, yeah, I agree you look into it, but a 1 possession game at one of the toughest stadiums in college football? Nah, not just yet.

Your standard of measurement isn't the determinator.

When X has been substandard the last two days, and today when you fire up, once again, X is substandard - Y may not be a proven commodity - but we know he's close. Broken in. Operates at a different temperature, but operates fine.

But your business is based on production.

You know you're not making production with X, so why in **** wouldn't you take X off line, and fire up Y?

You're saying we don't KNOW about Y! Well we DO know about X.

So there's no downside. No production with X - so Y can't possibly hurt us by trying Y.

You're losing with X. X's game is off. Y's game may light 'em up.

But by not even trying - you concede.

it doesn't feel like there was a good time in the game to pull him without killing his confidence....with that being said I absolutely think Garcia should start to get more first team reps moving forward. He should get a good amount of playing time against MTSU

I'd never suggest, "Man, you suck! Go sit down so Garcia can get on the field."

No! You explain what he already knows - "You're a bit off today - let's give Jake a whirl - you're still the man!"

No one gets their feelings hurt - unless you're a candyass - and maybe Jake can light things off - maybe not.

But you don't stick with the same old siht just because you want continuity.

Agreed?

Advertisement
Back